Completely agree, except they weren't profitable and won't be this next earnings either.
However, the forward guidance may become profitable at next earnings date.
You have to remember that most of the quarter was near $1100, very bad for HMY that needs $1200 to break even at best. They really need $1250 to be safe of not posting any losses.
I am betting that gold gets to $1250 soon, probably by Christmas or shortly after, as the rise of gold demand for gifts always lifts in this quarter and the January/February gold mining stocks will post beats, and gold price will rise as supply is also falling right now.
HMY still has 4-5 months to stay over $1, no real risk of having to reverse split yet.
They haven't even hinted at selling anything because they are fine.
It would be wise though to sell 1 mine and start buy backs.
They can probably buy all of the shares at $0.80 with selling 1 of 12 gold mines.
Thanks for noticing. I made a killing there on KGC.
Soon I will exit LAKE too from $10 to whatever, I think I should get higher than $15 so still holding it.
I'm mostly exiting stocks right now, taking profits.
I want to get back into Gold KGC on a dip, and I'm watching Silver SLW real closely.
Also looking for an oil play, I might go really risky on oil with PWE.
It's a great time to have no position in all of these as they post alltime lows and way oversold conditions.
Barely had to sweat about KGC, or LAKE and didn't have to wait long for 50% gains.
I'm considering buying more on these low $0.80s as it's not priced correctly for gold price $1180. This is very close to HMY breaking even, just one more gold price rise.
Why would you buy now when a loss is right around the corner.
Wait and see the horrible earnings release Nov 3, and the guidance for a further loss 3 months later.
Then you will see cash balance drop and book value drop and understand why DCTH trades for less than cash on hand.
DCTH management do not care about you.
They can go private at any time screwing you for 100%.
They can reverse split and issue more shares and keep on diluting like they have for years.
There might be a correct time to invest in DCTH, but it sure isn't now.
Wait for a plan for quarterly losses to stop, then you can bet that they can achieve said plan.
Right now DCTH has NO PLAN!
They will post a loss for many quarters to come.
If you have these shares, you're screwed already so just hold them.
If you have none; be thankful and wait.
Thinking of buying? there's never been a good time to buy DCTH unless you day trade a 10% swing.
Don't be fooled. This is a temporary spike and will continue a long downtrend for years to come.
$38 is where this fell off the cliff.
Anything below that is a downtrend and newer lows and lower highs will continue.
I expect to see this fall under $20.
It may be oversold at that point, who knows.
Let the market decide if it bounces back strongly from $19 or if it slides further.
One thing I'm convinced of: $19 way more likely than breaking back above $38.
Long term investors should wait for some real lows to be tested.
I want to also mention that I lined up a buy today for $0.62 as it was spiking, and some how I avoided that.
It had jumped to $0.65 right after I set it up and I was thining #$%$, I missed a huge run about to happen".
But then it fell quickly to $0.55 and I would have really hated myself for jumping on $0.62.
I'm still not ready for DCTH and I blame management for leaving guys like me still wondering "CAN THEY?"
Maybe if they weren't burning cash every quarter.
Watch out for losses and management that don't care about you with Delcath.
I would be all over this stock as a buy if I saw any regard by management for shareholders, and a plan to stop losing money.
The losses are predicted to continue well into 2017.
Is 2018 the year they stop losing money? I can't tell as management gives shareholders absolutely nothing but losses every year.
And I'm actually watching DCTH for a spot to become a buyer!
I like bargains that are oversold.
This just doesn't warrant the risk.
It is well below cash value, and therefore can be much much lower below it.
HMY spiked quickly up into $0.90s a month ago when gold shot up to $1150.
Now we have gold at $1185 and looking to break out above $1200.
HMY is way oversold here.
Should be over $1 already.
I was wondering if this stock would stay under $1 and have to get a reverse split.
I doubt it now.
Its $0.88 after hours and $1 tomorrow.
This stock needs to be closer to $2-$3 range when gold is at $1250 as HMY becomes break even and aims at profitability with a book value near $4.50.
Absolutely ridiculous bargain.
I last bought at $0.70
hell yes! I made a killing on this stock and just exited end of day right at the top.
I've been buying all the way down and even got some at the lowest penny.
I'll come back on any dip, this felt too high and quick of a rise to hold on, and price of gold didn't actually rise that much.
My main reason for selling today at 3:59pm is Tuesdays tend to always drop.
Good luck to you K Longs holding still, remember it's not profits until you sell.
I probably sold too early, but boy did I make a lot. It was scaring me how many shares I had.
By far the most I've ever invested in one company.
I've been watching LAKE from that time it ran up to $30s too.
I became an investor after it fell from $30 to $10, as I believed the correct value was $15 to $20 at that time.
When it fell below my low estimate I started buying.
I'm now holding ~$10 average, and strongly believe it's worth more than $15.
I continue to HOLD even though it's a STRONG BUY. (I could buy more and still be right).
This is going into the $20s.
If any piece of news, like EBOLA, hits again it will shatter $30 and might see $40s.
Although that's just fluff and overbought, it could still happen.
The correct value is $20 to $25 right now.
$15 is still too low.
EPS $1.81, P/E 8 - come on now... no way I'm selling that.
Give me a P/E atleast over 10 if you want my shares
GL with your oil bets.
I'm about to enter oil, but I think it has one more down turn.
I just entered Gold when it fell to 1080 and I'm up quite nicely after the "no rate increase" gold skyrocketing days.
I'm thinking to add Silver next, then oil a few months later.
There's probably no way to lose on Oil, Gold or Silver buying right now, but you can still get the lowest penny. I just think it's all going to be a winner in a few years, and by a lot.
with a straight up +10% and +15% gains every day, obviously we aren't selling.
But where should we sell our LAKE shares?
I'm thinking puting a trailing stop loss in once a trading day goes by without a gain.
What do you guys think?
I dont want to sell too early, but I'm already happy with these gains at $15 per share.
poor ronz, literally poor...
continue watching me get rich.
I'm up huge now on LAKE, and I get a bonus +30% converting it back to CAD, as I bought long time ago before the CAD weakened.
I'm closing in on a double up.
Worry more about yourself. I'm very happy with my stocks :)
I have them all weighted correctly.
I was in LAKE about 5x as heavy as HMY (which I switched to KGC).
Now my KGC is up 15% also.
I have taken a small loss on HMY, which is already offset with LAKE gains by far.
are you still holding short on AMD and adding more short?
I see you are still rampant on this forum even today from way back when I sold it all at $4.50.
I still watch AMD crumble and it's fun to read up on, but not an investment anymore.
I suppose it has made sense to short it, but still to this day?
I just don't think you can short AMD at $1.80
Definitely would make sense to buy this out.
Zacks strong buy and raised price targets from $19 to $21.
This share price is still way undervalued, even after consecutive +10% days.
I'm still holding as I believe PE 10 is too low which is $14.50.
Forward PE I believe is where the $21 price targets are coming from.
$0.50 earnings per quarter and opportunity to grow it higher, why would you sell that for $13.44.
If I owned this entire company I would want $20 per share to walk away, and wouldn't even entertain offers below $15.
Perhaps we will see a buyout offer at $20
This is my last reply to you ronz as you clearly have an agenda.
The 1230 AISC is well known, and probably lowered already.
HMY has many mines, they all have different AISC.
The average of them all was close to 1230 last quarter.
They are capable of reducing this by shutting down high cost mines.
The CEO said last month that he would shut down 7 high cost mines by end of 2015 if gold prices did not improve.
I took this to mean that 1230 AISC would significantly drop, as would revenue, by Jan 1, 2016 if the price of gold remained well below $1200 an ounce.
With gold now jumping fast up to $1140, it may very well close out 2015 at $1200 or higher and which case HMY will keep everything open, but still have small losses.
It's obvious they won't go bankrupt.
The assets are enormous and they can run off the lowest cost mines if needed until the gold price improves more.
Go over to HMYs forum ronz, this is LAKE
HMY needs 1230.
Still need +100 on gold price for HMY to get out of this.
Until then the stock can trade at any oversold evaluation it wants.
It won't make sense until they stop losing money.
1230 is the bet if you come in to HMY, you believe gold is going back here