Agree - I like the CEO but the lack of investor interest surrounding JSDA is palpable. I would guess that even with a killer earnings report you would have ample time to survey it and get in without missing much.
Also notice that her shares were purchased at the trough around .26 / share... I would hardly call a $26k investment "skin in the game" for somebody of her financial stature.
That is weak
I will gladly share with the board what I see.
Total shares 106k - he was correct but that doesn't change his attitude.
CUE JENNIFER Officer 12/10/2012 Buy direct 29,720 0.3000 106,360 CUE JENNIFER Officer 12/07/2012 Buy direct 20,280 0.3000 76,640 CUE JENNIFER Officer 11/29/2012 Buy direct 4,335 0.3000 56,360 CUE JENNIFER Officer 11/28/2012 Buy direct 29,000 0.3000 52,025
Looks like I was right - should have just done it on my own.
Hope this dude stays down until the March - April time frame cause I am fully loaded elsewhere until then.
I don't think there is buying interest until there is evidence that the plan is working. The pps got bumped to 80s because of speculation of what the new CEO could do. Problem is that investors have gotten tired of waiting for evidence that it is working and Q3 report was that tipping point.
There will likely be a tick up after year end but I just can't reconcile how the Q4 financials will look anything but bad. IMO this takes the next leg down once the 10k is released.
Tend to agree - not much in the way of catalyst until Q1 2013 financial if they are good.
Maybe PRs or insider buying could push this up.. Or pure speculation for that matter but it seems that the restructuring is still not complete and cash position likely is not strong enough yet to expect any prs regarding material sales increases.
Where do you get your figures? All I see is a statement of ownership of 23k shares.
Admittedly I am not used to looking for this type of information but in a high risk play like jsda it seems pertinent.
I think you are right but the challenge here is that there is not a lot in the way of positive pr's or financial statement evidence that the turn around is working. So for those that are not insiders we really do not know what the forecast looks like.
Personally, I am a huge proponent of the long-term approach. It seems that the last few JSDA CEOs were looking for the big bang answer - when the reality was that there was none that existed. It is really tough to make that call that we need to reduce our workforce in order to be profitable so Kudos to the CEO for that call.
The share value is getting decimated and shareholders are losing faith in this CEO - remember she reports to shareholders. It is her job to keep shareholders confident that she has the company on the right path.
The quickest way to do that is to exercise some options. Just a simple - hey, I'm in this with you and I believe in my plan. She doesn't have to blow her whole load or anything - just have a vested interest and not a paycheck no matter what.
I get it - we have a different opinion. Your easier to convince than I am - I'm guessing you lose money more often than I do as well by making bad picks.
CEO has barely any vested interest in her own success with a paltry amount of current shares.
I get it - tax planning, blah blah blah. But do the math. Current share price is .44 and strike price is .29 which gives a taxable amount of .15 up front. If you are so knowledgeable about taxation of options then you know that this difference will be taxed at the capital gains rate of 15% and not the effective rate of the individual.
So $2M shares x .15 taxable "gain" x .15 tax rate = $45k in upfront taxes. Not the absurd $500k + that has been quoted here. The CEO can cry me a river about having to pay $45k in taxes while the shareholders pay her a $170k / year salary.
She has no vested interest in her own success and seems to not believe in her own plan. Not to mention she doesn't even have to exercise all her options - just some - please, just a few - show me you think you will succeed.
Come on CEO - I want to buy in here but the position I am considering is way bigger than the share count you currently have. I'm not going to be more vested in your success than you are.
Do you guys really think that the 10k is going to look pretty? Hiring 4 new sales agents = costs going up. These agents will not have had time to add sufficient value for Q4 so the 10k is gonna look gross. They had negative cash flow on Q3, where seasonality tells us will be better than Q4. If they can't turn cash flow positive in Q3 then there is no chance for Q4.
Upon further evaluation - this thing is going to get hammered down to .25 - just not as quickly as I thought.
Wow - your a jerk. How about addressing points instead of personal attacks...
I'm out of this board there is no value here or potential for intelligent conversations. What you are neglecting is that there are other investment opportunities out there. If I was dead set on JSDA, then yes your trading strategy is correct.
My take is that any other company would be trading at about $10m market cap given the financial statements we have... Declining revenue, neg cash flow prior quarter, on and on...
The reason why I am considering a position is because I believe in the Jones brand. When I see a Jones Soda in the store - I want to buy one. I think that is why a lot of others are here as well.
I do not think I am going to buy at these prices though. Give me .26 - .35 and I will consider it but I think there are better opportunities out there for "home run" type of plays right now. At .45 the best you will do is a 2x gain short term. That's really not that good consider the amount of risk you are putting in with JSDA. Maybe some day this will be at $5 and back on the NASDAQ, but it will be a slow and deliberate climb - if they are able to do it at all. Just as likely is that they teater on the edge of bankruptcy and then decide to sell the broken pieces to another company at a huge discount.
Best of luck guys - I am a huge JSDA fan but I am sitting this one out.
You might be right. I have noticed the MMs have stacked their hands though in the .40 - .41 range so I would imagine that you could get in with any bid over .41.
Unfortunately this hasn't hit my desired buy price... Risk / reward still not there for me so unless we get down further I am staying on the sidelines. Ah well, I though I was going to get the deep discount here.
I think this settles around the .26 mark. The lack of cash+ the appearance that the plan may not be working is going to keep crushing this thing. Settle around $10m market cap or so.
It does appear that buyers with real money start to get interested around .40 though but I think that resistance will break.