Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Message Board

misterbob8 7 posts  |  Last Activity: May 12, 2016 10:27 PM Member since: Apr 27, 1999
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Earnings and CC thoughts

    by imos_is_garbage May 12, 2016 4:21 PM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 May 12, 2016 10:27 PM Flag

    That's one thing I can't understand ... that they don't have the time or inclination to do an IMOS buyback at this point. In a matter of months, 8150 will be paying for IMOS shares, at a price 20% higher than it is today (probably more than that). It should be simple to have 8150 buy IMOS shares now on the open market and just hold them. Don't retire them or it could upset the merger parameters. Just hold them and get the equivalent of a 20% return on your money in a few months.

  • misterbob8 by misterbob8 May 4, 2016 2:32 PM Flag

    I know EXAS has been mentioned here from time to time ... not by me but I have made money by collecting PUT premiums on 3 separate occasions. Today is the 4th time. Here's the reasoning.

    First, the stock got punished twice for the same factors. Yesterday it got punished for a bad quarter. Then today it got punished again for a downgrade based on the bad quarter. A double punishment has always been a good opportunity, at least by my experience.

    Second, the reasoning for the downgrade was faulty. It was predicated on the fact that the additional money the company spent on advertising outweighed the increase in sales. That part is true ... the dollar amounts are fact. However, the faulty part is that the benefits of advertising will continue into future quarters. The prescribing physician base increased as a result, and that increase remains in place even after the advertising stops.

    Good luck all.

    Bob (one of many)

  • Reply to

    Price action and volume

    by misterbob8 Mar 18, 2016 2:45 PM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Apr 18, 2016 9:03 AM Flag

    April options expired, and the $17.50 pindown should be over. This doesn't mean we shoot to the moon, but we should be able to rise back above 18.

    Nothing is imminent on the options front for May. The next similar event should be June, with a $20 strike.

    God help the longs.

    Bob (one of many)

  • Reply to

    Price action and volume

    by misterbob8 Mar 18, 2016 2:45 PM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Apr 12, 2016 10:13 AM Flag

    It's a little early in the week for this to be happening (usually happens closer to Wednesday afternoon), but here is one explanation.

    The situation: Low volume stock + over 1000 of calls outstanding (representing over 100K shares of stock)

    What would you if you had sold April $17.50 calls, and were looking at your stock being called away at the end of the week? One option: do nothing, and wait for the stock to get called away. A second option: sell a few thousand shares now. You collect a higher price, and at the same time you can push the stock price down to $17.50 where your stock will no longer get called away. As we just saw, it only took 15K shares of total volume to drop the stock price by about 70 cents. This is normal behavior as option expiration approaches, the number of outstanding options is high, and the typical stock volume is low.

    God help the longs.

    Bob (one of many)

  • misterbob8 by misterbob8 Mar 18, 2016 2:45 PM Flag

    The number of outstanding March $17.5 options is not excessively large. However, on such a low-volume trading day, options will likely pin the closing price at $17.50.

    God help the longs.

    Bob (one of many)

  • Reply to

    Resign management just leave already

    by u2monee Mar 11, 2016 9:32 AM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Mar 16, 2016 4:17 PM Flag

    I'd like to take that "open window" and throw the attorneys out of it, one by one. Which one would hit the ground first? None of them. They don't act fast enough to fall.

    God help the longs.

    Bob (one of many)

  • Reply to

    Potential Catalysts

    by imos_is_garbage Mar 15, 2016 9:41 AM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Mar 15, 2016 10:27 AM Flag

    If the $60M were to be used now (whether as a special one-time dividend or to buy back shares), that would affect the value of remaining IMOS shares. I think that would require shareholders of both IMOS and 8150 to approve a deal with new parameters to it. Not that I would mind ... a one-time $1.50 dividend now, and reduce the eventual cash portion of the deal by $1.50 later.

    Much more promising would be to have 8150 start purchasing IMOS shares now on the open market. That satisfies everybody. IMOS gets the price support now, and 8150 has fewer shares to exchange for later. 8150 automatically collects the spread between 8150 and IMOS share price. It should be a no-brainer, unless the BOD at 8150 is also "no-brainer".

    God help the longs.

    Bob (one of many)

IMOS
18.65+0.44(+2.42%)May 26 4:00 PMEDT