Wed, Jan 28, 2015, 3:05 AM EST - U.S. Markets open in 6 hrs 25 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Message Board

misterbob8 9 posts  |  Last Activity: Jan 14, 2015 2:45 PM Member since: Apr 27, 1999
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • misterbob8 by misterbob8 Jan 14, 2015 2:45 PM Flag

    Not sure whether Yahoo will let me post a link, but here's a different point of view ... an SA article on StreetSweeper who posted today's negative article:

    http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/3252011-stuartlongo/698991-investigative-journalism-or-stock-market-manipulation-a-look-at-thestreetsweeper-org

  • misterbob8 misterbob8 Jan 14, 2015 12:13 PM Flag

    Having $5/share or $6/share in debt is not a huge deal for a company earning $1.40/year. However, the interest rates on the debt are disturbing. Why has the company failed to negotiate better rates?

  • Reply to

    June 19, 2015 Calls

    by johnboywalton56 Jan 12, 2015 11:26 AM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Jan 12, 2015 12:06 PM Flag

    Most likely, the seller is just closing a position. He bought the calls a while back, at a much lower price, and is willing to take profits now.

    Even so, $0 time premium? Perhaps too low. You never know the seller's circumstances. Did someone die and the estate wants to sell off assets that they don't understand? Did someone mistakenly enter a market order? Anybody's guess.

    Good luck to the longs.

    Bob

  • Reply to

    Caffeine-Jaret-Memory

    by bigal.saunders Dec 30, 2014 11:56 AM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Dec 30, 2014 2:42 PM Flag

    Agreed, the merger approval was basically expected and not a big deal. Of course it would have been a big deal if the merger had been voted down. So removing the uncertainty (what little there was) can only be considered a plus.

    In my eyes, the minus is that the merger won't be consummated until June. To me, that's enough drip, drip already. That schedule reinforces what we already knew, which is that management is in no hurry. It would not shock me if management did not present details of the bigger share conversion until after June. As an investor, I plan to convert another 10% of my shares into trading shares. So if we do hit $26 soon, another 10% will be up for sale. And if we drop below $22, I will re-purchase any trading shares that I already sold. But don't count on my activity being noticeable ... my portfolio is relatively small compared to some on this board.

    To put this in perspective, my total IMOS holdings (trading shares included) represent about 50% of the total portfolio value. So diversifying can't be such a bad thing, especially when management is doing everything in its power to make sure that the stock price movements are slow.

    Good luck to the longs.

    Bob

  • misterbob8 by misterbob8 Dec 24, 2014 10:52 AM Flag

    I had to keep telling myself that trading shares are meant to be traded ...

    Sold Jan $22.50 covered calls on the remaining trading shares. In a way I will miss them. However, all the trading activity will have yielded a net of $29/share so results are good. And who knows, I may get a chance to repurchase them after January expiration.

    The core holding (90%) is still intact.

    Good luck to the longs, and happy holidays.

    Bob

  • Reply to

    Yet another bungled buyback?

    by jayand777 Dec 17, 2014 1:00 PM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Dec 17, 2014 3:49 PM Flag

    Jam,

    Sharing the frustration, but this is in answer to Why $22.50? The "peg" migrates toward a very close strike price, and toward the strike price with the largest number of outstanding options (which is $22.50 for IMOS for December). The theory (right or wrong) is this.

    If you have sold 1,000 calls, and the price is above $22.50, sell now. You can get more than $22.50 for your shares, and at the same time depress the price so that any remaining calls expire worthless.

    If you have sold 1,000 puts, and the price is below $22.50, buy now. You can buy for less than $22.50, and at the same time boost the price so that any remaining puts expire worthless.

    I had expected to sell my trading shares this week, but it looks like I will have to wait until next week. Once options expiration passes and we hit the light trading of Christmas week, the buyback should have a more noticeable effect. The core (90%) of my position will remain intact, however.

    Good luck to the longs.

  • Reply to

    Some thoughts

    by sean777007 Dec 2, 2014 5:14 PM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Dec 2, 2014 5:17 PM Flag

    We may not see this opportunity again. After the bell, MCHP guided slightly up ... remember the IMOS reaction when they guided down a few weeks ago?

    Good luck to the longs.

    Bob

  • Reply to

    Congrats

    by sean777007 Nov 19, 2014 8:28 PM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Nov 20, 2014 10:55 AM Flag

    cpafred,

    You would have to add in Q4 profits.

    Good luck to the longs.

    Bob

  • Reply to

    Updated Ratings from my spreadsheet...

    by bigal.saunders Nov 18, 2014 5:01 PM
    misterbob8 misterbob8 Nov 19, 2014 1:26 PM Flag

    If we're speculating, here's a possibility. There is open interest of 2300 November $20 calls (representing 230K shares). If you had sold the calls, and owned the underlying stock, wouldn't you rather unload the stock now? You would collect more than the $20 you would otherwise get, and might have enough volume to depress the stock price below $20 by Friday.

    Just a thought.

    Good luck to the longs.

IMOS
24.18+0.27(+1.13%)Jan 27 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Apple Inc.
NASDAQTue, Jan 27, 2015 4:00 PM EST
Microsoft Corporation
NASDAQTue, Jan 27, 2015 4:00 PM EST
Box, Inc.
NYSETue, Jan 27, 2015 4:01 PM EST