IDIX had a nuke. ENTA does not have one. So, it is not apple to apples. ENTA still warrants 1B market cap as of now IMO.
I am puzzled as to why ABBV has not bought out ENTA yet. Given the almost 40% drop from 52 week highs and all the positive news about the usefulness of ENTA compounds in treating Hep C this deal looks like a no-brainer to me but maybe they know something I don't.
I see. I am sorry for my email then. I am long ARWR since January with over 4000 shares. I should have done better DD before posting. Thomas Wei is a very good analyst. If he was the one who downgraded that would be a concern for me.
Nonsense. Check TipRanks. Jefferies Thomas Wei is among the best analysts in terms of accuracy. This downgrade concerns me more than anything else.
That is fine but your comment does not address the mutation problem. So what happens if the cancer cells mutates and produce a different protein?
Earning is only one of the things among a plethora of other things that makes stocks move. I suspect this price action is due to institutions buying. Earnings does not matter when they buy. EGRX is a recent example. The stock stayed in a tight range for a year ($10-13) once it broke $13, it was at $18 in a few days. Then, the TEVA news came and now it is at $45. I sold at $38.5 but I don't complain.
ARWR will be under pressure in the short-term because I believe there are large institutional shorts that are holding the price down.
FDA ruling is neutral. LPCN was priced for the worst so I am looking for a steady rise in share price into Q2.
I think retail shorts used the PR as an opportunity to cause panic. They knew that retail investors will only check Yahoo finance headlines for NSPH and will think that this is new news, which indeed was not. This was filed on February 20th with SEC. I expect that this will recover in the morning. However, the action today was not very promising. After hitting 0.43 early morning the stock continuously drifted lower. Yesterday's high was not tested. The stock will be technically under pressure tomorrow (barring any additional news of course).
Over 25M shares traded over the past 2 days tells me there is more than what was revealed so far. Yesterday's volume was the largest daily volume in 3 years!
You are contradicting with yourself. When you believe there is a rock-solid product in the pipeline getting in and out of a stock is not the strategy that will work. Buy and hold will work better imo. I am in at $5.6 but will hold until $20 or 6/30/15, whichever comes first.
I have both LPCN and ARWR. These are my only two long-term holds. I am thinking of holding ARWR for $30 and LPCN for $20. Let's see which one will win the race.
They already did financing back in October. They should have over $15M in cash. They also receive grant money from BARDA. Yes, they are not in perfect condition financially but if they were it would not be a bargain now. I hope that they will announce some partnership for the rest of their pipeline. I am holding for $2.5.
... still does not make a difference. Today's PR was nothing just like last week's PR. Nonetheless, the price increase and the accompanying volume suggest there is something cooking in the background. I wonder what that would be but we'll see soon ... It could very well be just short covering. I have seen this with IMRS lately. The stock dropped to $0.2 for no reason and a few months later it is back to over $1 with no news.
My theory is this: Big money shorted weak stocks during the second half of 2014 in expectation of a market crash later in the year. These stocks would go bankrupt if that had to happen. Now they noticed that their short theory is not working. Indexes broke major resistance in February so they started covering. CYTX, IMRS, NPHS, RGDX are some of the stocks I follow that have very similar charts.
You are right, the news is nothing but this stock dropped from $2.5 to $0.5 on no news too mainly because of short selling. So don't be surprised if this goes back to $2.0 on no news.
Yes compared to what other biotechs are trading at, CYTX should trade for a market cap of at least 200M. They have partnership with BARDA, and multiple phase II/III studies. I got in last week at 0.62 with a target price of $2.5.