according to TB ameritrade apple is by far the largest holding of individual investors, way out of proportion to the overall size of the company. apple has done very well for these individuals and taught them that they can do better investing on their own that going through a broker/money manager. this takes money out of wall street's pocket. they hate apple and would love to see the company do poorly, but alas, apple keeps making ordinary investors rich. i dont ever plan to use a traditional broker or money manager.
i believe the estimates for apple going into 2016 are going to get raised even more each quarter. my big drivers are:
- iphone 7 with haptic and new camera and possibly new scratch-proof screen (instead of mere 6+)
- apple TV = netflix + XBOX means large recurring digital profit stream
- larger iPad plus optional keyboards
- apple watch becomes hit holiday gift
these will drive increases in FY2016 estimates. at least $12 a share by the time apple grows all these areas. and the p/e rises to 15 (after cash), so about $200 a share by a couple weeks after jan earnings report.
i disagree with this. i think that much of the undervaluation is a result of apple's concentration in iphone sales. the upcoming year is going to potentially change that with revenues from apps, apple pay, apple watch, new larger ipads and the most important, a whole new appleTV with monthly subscription fees and gaming app revenues. once the street realizes that apple's ecosystem is deeper than 1 device, the p/e will rise to reflect a higher value. but as usual, apple will need to prove this to the street, rather than being given credit ahead of the results like amazon, facebook, etc
apple will go up because the weak hands got flushed out and some of the dividend -focused crowd is now out of the stock. it only goes down in the market tanks. we also have options expiration behind us. we will hit 134 again next week, but not sure whether we move through that easily or it takes some time.
I would add a few more
- new line of macs. they need a full lineup of enterprise solutions, including mac and ipad that can go up against milcrosoft. need to really focus on the value equation for enterprises and individuals. when you add up the true cost of ownership (security software, operating system upgrade charges, office suite) a mac is actually much more affordable.
- applePay - need to get higher penetration at retailers within the first year to keep the ball rolling
- iphone 7 instead of just iphone 6+ - with haptic touch and new camera, it might be yet another big upgrade
- video gaming at home - apple TV will be the platform that expands the home game market beyond the "core" gamer demographic
see my other post about the upcoming apple TV announcement on june 8. going to be a combination of netflix and XBOX and it will OWN the living room. big upside coming fast.
wrong. this is the last chance to buy before it takes off. appleTV is the next HUGE thing and the revenues streams from that machine are going to be big. announced june 8th, wall street will start buying ahead.
there was some very interesting info on the gluu mobile conference call this week. they stated that apple is requiring all mobile game apps to upgrade code to a standard which would be appropriate for higher screen size devices (specifically televisions). this is a clear sign that apple will be rolling out interactive gaming functions with the new apple TV on june 8th at the developer conference.
the reason for announcing this at the developer conference will be to get lots of developers to port their games to this newer standard. since mobile gaming has so many titles, the apple TV will launch with literally hundreds or even thousands of games available, from the top mobile publishers.
along with a streaming service to rival netflix (which means subscription revenues every single month)
this is going to be HUGE!
i believe carl icahn will mention this in his report and it will cause a massive price jump in apple shares. get in while you still can at a decent price.
i agree with 140, but that might be the following week. read my post about the new apple TV. there was some information on the gluu mobile conference call that indicates that apple will introduce interactive gaming to the apple TV -just like Xbox or Playstation, but for the masses, not just gamers. This will be HUGE. bigger than the watch in the short-term.
hammer those options writers on every friday so they stop stealing the options premiums. that is the best way for apple to move the stock price up. when apple investors can stop getting cheated by wall street, the stock price will reflect the real value.
and today is a big option expiration day. just wait until we get past that. apple will be executing heavy buybacks next week. do you really want to be sitting right in front of that tsunami when it hits?
over the coming month. hard for the stock to fall much farther when billions of dollars of buyback money keeps taking out any sellers. next catalyst is the developer conference, but news stories will start hitting in the next couple weeks.
so if you are so genius tell me how apple stock is going to trade over the next month. give lots of details and let's see how well you do. truly, you are the class clown.
and will you get off the message board when the apple tv comes out with gaming and streaming and the stock gets increased price targets?
the new apple TV is going to be announced at developer conference june 8. at that time analysts will need to increase forecasts as they include the recurring monthly revenues from streaming media plus increase app sales of downloadable interactive games. huge driver that is less than a month away.
the news stories will start to break a few weeks ahead of the developer conference, so get in before that.
1. larger ipad with optional keyboard - the ipad business grows 40% yoy in 4th quarter due to soft comparison
2. apple TV - monthly subscription fees for streaming service is recurring revenue, plus home gaming similar to xbox is increase in app store revenues, plus device hardware sales - the biggest new revenue opportunity for apple.
3. apple watch becomes THE hot gift at christmas - and drives higher adoption of iphone
4. great new camera and haptic touch on the iphone 7 (skipping 6+ because haptic touch is so important)
5. applePay gains traction
6. autos start coming out with apple systems
7. new Mac line-up and IBM alliance plus healthkit start to fuel Mac sales growth
the whole ecosystem shows incredible strength and the p/e ratio finally rises higher than google by year end as wall street realizes they are clueless.
and the sky is purple too. the chinese have spoken already and made apple #1 in smartphones. just the start of a huge trend.
the big catalyst for apple is coming June 8th at the developer conference. everyone knows that a new apple TV will be announced. but what is going to get investors excited is that they will announce a streaming service, like netflix plus interactive gaming that moves apple into competition with xbox and playstation. the big difference is that apple's device will appeal to a very mass market audience, not just gamers. so casual game makers like king are going to be able to port their games to the tv. gluu mobile announced that starting in june apple is requiring all game apps to have new specs that are compatible with this converged gaming platform. big new revenue streams coming to apple. along with the watch as the hot christmas gift and an awesome new camera for the next iphone, and larger ipad, apple has a big year ahead.