and by 'shareholders' you mean the 8 identities you use to post spam about the CEO?
get a life. stock investing isn't for you. try stamp collecting.
in other news, the British are coming!! The British are Coming!! Fore warned is fore armed!!
And to think the board has been so nice and informative in your absence hddrivel/mgashound. Guess kindergarten is back in session. Any actual thoughts on GST or are u just here to hurl insults?
exactly. what is that fool talking about? partnering with kmart???
arry doesn't make hand lotion or sneeze pills. yeah let's see if CVS is interested in carrying specialized intravenous treatment for stage 3 cancer.
Wonder if it's a buyout or a restructuring pending? Given the move up to day in all E&Ps I'd say the former is likely. Does anyone know if they have any overlap with GST oil plays? or anything that might let us speculate a bit on GST's acreage value?
'With no takeover-you have a long wait for the common to pay off - while the pds and bonds are instantly money good income producers'
How so with the dividend on the preferreds suspended?
'i wouldn't risk playing the common- at most you get 2 times and maybe nothing if there's just a sale of the 26k acres.'
Disagree again as the $26k acre price will set the value of the rest of the asset, and allow clear visibility for price of the common if entire company would be sold.
let's see if the hedge funds who have been so aggressively holding the stock down will now prop it up...this isn't the end of ARRY by far.
Somewhere between 23k-25k acres. So $11k per acre would be the low end. And this was not an oily part of this play.
Not trying to pump. Just stating the facts. If GST gets $11k/acre this would be a huge bump in the stock.
But thinking based on these numbers from VNR it might be higher than $11k/acre. If not, GST management has some explaining to do.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
exactly. the price for this sub-set of land will in turn set the price for the entire EV.
After my 'prediction' of $150MM for the Appalachia assets... i'm going to keep my mouth firmly shut on this one and cross my fingers.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
From CEO during conf call: 'So we are not expecting 20,000 an acre type valuations, but I can promise you we are not expecting the lower end of some of the research reports I saw last night or this morning either.'
well when the facts change we have to change our minds. the situation was made a lot more dire by the sale of the marcellus property for a firesale price. it let us see that management might be wavering a bit in their steadfastness to weather the storm.
that said, i never turned (was very close) and i still think GST has upside from a long perspective. $8+? No, of course not.
More like $2-5 in a sale of all assets at fair price. It's still a big risk with many unknowns. I would not put new money into GST, but at the same time, I will not sell. The situation is not dire just yet.
I'm long ~35k shares of common averaged in around $3. Would never plan to short GST given that any news could move it a buck or more instantly.
I am giving you a thumbs down purely for the childish, sensationalism comment title that you typed hoping to cause panic. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but the comment title doesn't serve to build you any credibility.
the same logic would then apply to 60% of all E&P companies...many many more of whom are in much worse shape than GST.
So what you are essentially saying is prepare for a bubble bursting, the collapse of the American energy producing infrastructure and another debt crisis.
Because that would weaken any bargaining position they had in this environment. It's much better to demonstrate that GST can chug along by unloading a portion of the Stack, but say they might sell everything IF the right offer came along.
My guess is that Porter also feels a great sense of responsibility to the people who bought the 2ndary stock offering at $6.25 to return them as much value as possible.....not to mention all of the stock that he, the CFO and the board own.
Bottom line, don't weaken your bargaining posture by admitting you HAVE to sell.
neither of those factors should play into what the stock does...all that does matter is will the bank let GST live to fight another year. That's all I'm looking for from the call.
If they announce seeking partners for the STACK that will be icing on the cake.
@nolongerretiring, agree 100%. In fact it's a classic Hddriven post. zero substance and setting the guy up for a argument that goes nowhere.
back of the envelop here, but if they sought $200MM that would be ~20k acres. Leaving them with 45k acres in the Stack. Applying that same value per acre, means $450MM asset value. Backing out $325MM in debt, $58MM in preferreds....that leaves 83 cents for the common stock.