for those with mad money of their own, trade may be to see if there's a pullback on the actual announcement--then go long for the cc. (don't bet the college tuition, though.)
should be interesting?!
...and to be fair, i really didn't "pull [anything] off" on that trade. i was very fortunate, behind making a bad decision that arguably crossed the line from trading into gambling.
there were two well-defined patterns in play, one of which was an inverted h&s that probably would have played out [against me] at the beginning of the day had it not been for the jobs report. i better decision would have been to take the loss and come into the day flat. even though i.e. worked out, that was bad trading on my part--WHICH IS ALSO WHY I THOUGHT YOU WERE BEING SARCASTIC; i didn't pull anything off of merit; i got "lucky."
my sincere apologies rick. i really thought you were another poster that tends to troll and hate on my posts, because i tend to "blog" a bit when posting. again my apologies. (really). try and not hold that against me.
yeah. have your people call my people--they'll handle it for you. Have a great weekend, #$%$...er, Rick! was it #$%$ or Rick?...
yeah, I've had my face handed to me trying to long/short FB into ER. i think either long/flat, or stay long going towards ER; none of that shorting overnight. because when the buy programs kick in, it ain't not isn't pretty ...at all.
I REPEAT: I'VE GOTTEN *REALLY CHOPPED UP* TRYING TO UP/DN FINNESSE TRADE FB GOING INTO EARNINGS.
i'm not so sure. FB may pull back a bit, but that would normal as the stock trades rangebound into earnings. but the jobs thing...overall i think that may be a non-event.
best wishes...happy trading!
woke up to positive futures and just KNEW i was trapped short. but since FB wasn't running, decided to wait for employment report. HA!! was able to slither my way out of short with a profit--then immediately got long at 88.73! [dodged a MAJOR bullet there...]
happy trading! long bias to ER!
ok, now I'm a little miffed. the "safety" tranche of this order only partially filled, leaving me with only 64% of my full order...and the train has clearly left the station. oh well--that 64% is up $1.70 at the moment.
whatever. it happens. (my trading has been a mess, the past few weeks. time for a turn for the better.)
it's going to close slightly below $90 (to avoid the 16,952 of call open interest at the 90 strike coming into today).
the jobs number was a *highly* convenient excuse to knock the markets today and avoid paying out the weeklies on the bounce.
i'll BET YOU the market firms somewhat as the day goes on. (just enough to fade those weeklies.)
Ha!! i SLITHERED my way out of that trade! (whew!) put on at 89.10; targeted 88.51 and 88.16 (the latter on a selloff); that was yesterday. it actually hit 88.51 twice in the am, and i played for the bigger target (88.16). but the market turned up against me--in a big way.
i decided to leave the trade on based on a max pain of $90...(yesterday's close was about $91). WOKE UP THIS MORNING TO DOW FUTURES UP 100+...but FB was only up 30 cents, so i decided to wait on the jobs number. you know what happened next...price started to straight line drop to my favor.
actually hit the 88.51 target! (but i played for a further drop, didn't get it, and covered at 10:03edt at 88.89. IN FACT i immediately TURNED THE TRADE AROUND for the play back to max pain $90, (and probably beyond next week).
i'm currently long FB from 88.74.
wow. i caught a break, huh?
wow...fb does look pretty strong in the face of trip-digi dow down. I'm short for a little dip, won't be long probably before a little support into er. beginning to think that "run" might be sideways with the general market environment? what say you?
OH YEAH, this RISK TO TRADE too: there's a WELL DEFINED inverse h&s from the close friday/open monday, the head being tuesday's low. that's a threat....
so max pain being about 90, mm's may trade down fb to flip out of the sub 90 strike puts more profitably before closing friday in the neighborhood of 90, (unless the broader market just totally falls apart going into the weekend). i considered closing my yesterday's short (from 89.10) at 88.50--which touched twice in first half-hour of trading. but i'm letting it ride, seeking secondary target of 88.16.
we'll see; it's a long day and FB make some big moves...perhaps today. if things really start shaking, FB could attempt to close yesterday's opening gap, taking price to 87.50 or lower.
the flip side is that price could run up AGAINST the trade to 90+, then regress back to max pain on friday. whatever the case, if it goes down i would probably get flat to long on any swing trades with FB.
nice move! my trading has been HORRENDOUS lately. i did not short end of yesterday--glad for that. i did short today at 88.80, anticipating a downside retest. (closer to 90 where there's a big chunk of call OI at the 90 strike would have been a better trade, but it never traded over 90--went to 89.96.)
nice trade--yours, that is!
wading in with a small--and i mean Small--short at 88.80. my instincts told me to short at 90 (based on options info), but it never hit 90 an then i just froze. (not been trading well, lately. gotta let my mojo return.)
...furthermore, there's a sizable chunk of call OI at the 90 strike; max pain currently sits at 90. not sure how that's going to play, because there's a bit of put OI at the several strikes below 90??
i've had better days...
i think so too...but i've been so out of sync with the moves lately. been pathetic--really getting b-slapped around while the market laughs out loud and beats it's hairy chest. (...how's that for a visual?)
i decided to flatten everything--yes, right before "bounce day." benched by the coach.