Anyone else looking to trade out of shares and into options? Tough because both shares and options are substantially higher after past few weeks. Looking to sell enough puts to equal current position in shares, and start picking up out of the money calls. By selling my shares, if we somehow get a disaster, my risk is the same as holding on to my current shares, however when it pops, i ll keep the put premium sold, and get bigger upside from calls. Anyone have similar thoughts? Wish i had been in options only from start.
yea, not many followers for a stock approaching 52 week highs with earnings out tomorrow, they are after the close right? are others planning to take some profits if we get a good beat and a price well into 15s or 16s? I have been waiting for it to push higher on good earnings news and then sell some high priced calls ~17.50s.
And either starts generating $$ from larger market approval, or is bought out. I am expecting the share price to be substantially higher than it is today in one year to two years. Looking at 2015 put option prices, you can collect almost $300 for selling the $8 strike, $415 at $10. And $500 at $12. Even with what we would consider terrible performance in the company, if the share price just makes it to 10 or 12, and remember you have almost a 2 year window, you can collect a lot of cash now, and either use to purchase calls, or just lower your average price on the stock. Just curious if anyone else is looking at selling these inflated options out to2015. The risk seems limited because we have an actual drug on the shelf.
Curious if longs are buying ahead of earnings or taking some profits to reinvest if market pulls back?
Assuming ziop partners and not just buyout occurs, the price will spike, then once it finds new trading range is it obvious profit taking ? Or let ride for partnership sales results. Curious to what board expects to do with gains.
8$ strike is 3.00. So basically 3$ off of the potentail 8$ purchase price, if you sell them, there is uncertainty tht far out, but in our case it would seem that more time is equal to more sales or more certainty in stock price. I mean this stock cannot be anywhere close to 8$ in 2 years , maybe bankrupt if it fails, but much higher than its current go alone, worst case scenario, pre drug launch price. I will sell at least 20 of these and collect $6000.
From 20$ puts i sold way back, already have some shares at even higher cost $24 to $26, now looking to just get out of my new assigned shares at break even or higher, anyone in similar situation ? If nat gas prices look poised to blow through 4$ , may get to sell these shares above 20$, also considering selling some calls at $20, worst case is big pullback, on shares i cant really keep for long.
Nothing anywhere else.
Im Hoping for share price take off, but also looking at the feb 7$ cheap puts for .11 just in case we get the usual monthly decline on nce ecpectation. Anyone eyeing similar strikes? While holding shares
I sold some $11 puts back when stock was 12-13$. Deciding today whether to buy em back or take on more shares almost 3$ off at this point. Aybody buying back puts sold?