The SP still shows serious hesitation on the part of buyers/accumulators!!! Can Scarlett do something to build investor confidence? I would say, yes.
"multipleid..." and "maine...." may be the same person!!! Just look at the language in those posts and note similarity!
Despite the IST transfer, there doesn't seem to be WS enthusiasm about it! Perhaps the FDA's lift of its hold only will be an effective occurrence for the real SP movement; and, the other is my suggestion above!!! The latter will be an expression of "executive confidence" and should have a substantial impact on buyers/accumulators. Hope Scarlett is smart enough to comprehend it!!!
Geron needs to have established manufacturing and distribution facility to supply Imetelstat as and when and where needed. Does any body know if they have done that already? If not, how can they start Ph 2 before establishing that?
If Tefferi is still to remain the principal investigator, the patients will be treated at Mayo, although financing and some of the work may be done by Geron. Remember, it was originally Investigator Sponsored Trial where the Investigator was Mayo, meaning Mayo was footing certain costs. Now, with Tefferi still in charge, I do not know who is going to foot the cost of his personal effort or the time he spends Perhaps still Mayo. These details are not yet known to us and must come out during the CC on 11th. My puzzles are: Why was this done? Who initiated this? Is this done with the FDA's unconditional consent? Until we know answers to these questions, it's hard to predict when the FDA is going to lift the hold on the Geron's Ph 2 trial.
Just for four months? Once this Ph 1 trial completes by January 2015, any future commitments must have been the responsibility of Geron any how!!
Taz, that (hopefully ironing out issues with the FDA) is a possibility. However, Geron can have that data while the multi-center trial goes on from various parts of the world and from many more patients before the license is granted. I am suspicious of FDA's displeasure with Geron management. Did Geron hide something from the FDA of which the FDA got wind before imposing the hold? If so, the FDA will be uncooperative until this management apologizes or is changed. This is my doubt and hope it is not true.
Supine, I am suggesting Scarlett the best way out of this if he really has confidence in the success of Imetelstat. Certainly, he will not do so if he doesn't. In other words, if he is challenged and can not do so, should we trust him? (By the way, I did send an e-mail to him through Anna months ago and gave this suggestion before posting it here!)
This clearly means that the FDA has not shown any inclination so far that the hold on Geron's trials is to be lifted soon. That forces Geron to go no further than the scope of the Mayo trial. This has made me question if the request for the transfer from Mayo to Geron came originally from Mayo or Geron?!! If it did come from Geron, why was that made?
And, one more thing: I will renounce publicly, on this board, all my posts in the past critical of him and shall no longer be critical of him!
And, let me add: If he does that, we, the shareholders, will be happy to recommend the board to reimburse him for the lost compensation once the trial goes into Ph 3. I think that will be a very fair deal.
and announce that he will accept only a token one-dollar compensation until he brings Imetelstat's Ph 2 MF trial to fruition. Will he do that? I believe he has enough money to live until then. The biggest reaction to such an announcement will be a huge share-price jump and that will multiply value of his shareholding by a substantial amount. Wouldn't then such an announcement be smart way for him to earn not only decent financial gain but also huge respect from disgruntled shareholders?!!!!
Well, it appears as though it's Geron's current policy to get rid of technically useful guys and keep in technically useless guys. Perhaps Geron is looking for administrative/accounting help only and not technical help, meaning they are planning to sell the outfit!!!!!
Mr. bee, tacit approval means the FDA initiated this move, not Geron or Mayo. And, what the FDA has told Geron, if any, even verbally, is not yet known. Therefore, we have to wait till 11th when Scarlett will be forced by WS analysts to give facts. Your post above appears to me like a school teacher explaining errors to a parent about hi/her child's English assay. But, this is not an English literature class or even a legal deposition, this a Yahoo board where views are exchanged. Please remain mindful of that.
I am looking for the truth and not a conjecture in this matter. Regarding management's ability, the record is clear: It has frustrated shareholders for a long time and without Tefferi's help, Imetelstat would have still been gutted in the darkness. Ask yourself one question: Who the MF patients should complement: Tefferi and the developers of Imetelstat (who, I bet, were put on the street by this management) or this compensation-hungry management?
There should not be any doubt in any knowledgeable person's mind about the blockbuster success of Imetelstat in being able to bring about CRs and PRs for MF patients and that it has a bright future for wider applications in the oncology arena. The problem is that despite such a huge potential, the current Geron management screwed up and should be held responsible in the slow down of the path to licensing. Many will blame this delay squarely on the Jakafi-lobby influence on the FDA; but, with only one product to worry for, Geron management can not be forgiven for mishandling (especially if Scarlett could squeeze $2.3M annually in compensation!). Just ask yourself one question: What would have happened if Tefferi did not come to the rescue? Would Imetelstat have seen this success under the leadership of these bozos? Why didn't they try for MF before even trying for ET and PV? Wouldn't many more suffering MF patients be helped?
if, on 11th, Scarlett states specifically that Geron has the FDA permission or even a tacit approval for beginning the multi-center Ph 2 trial in January, 2015. Until then, I will remain doubtful.
I think those institutional players who know more than anyone of us posting on this board are waiting to hear from the horse's mouth on 11th!! I am pretty sure that Scarlett will be posed questions about the FDA's consent, at least the possibility, to begin the Ph 2 trial in January 2015. If he fumbles, it will mean that the FDA is not yet ready to grant that permission. In my view, Irish is just misleading us by asking us to believe her conjecture to be a fact!! I, for one, will not believe that the FDA has given their even tacit approval to begin that trial in Janyuary until I read clearly in black and white.
My question is not that! You know very well that Geron's Ph 2 trial will be a multi-center trial and many more patients than in the current trial will be added as announced earlier and which is on hold. It doesn't take a lot of brain to understand that the current Ph 1 IST patients will be continued to be and will have to be treated after expiry of the 4 months; but, that doesn't mean automatically that Geron is allowed yet to begin this multi-center trial soon after expiry of the 4-month period. Your statement above shows that it's just a conjecture on your part to assume that it will be. My question above was specific: Does Geron HAVE a guarantee from the FDA that it will be allowed to begin its PH 2 multi-center trial soon after the 4-month period? Please do not try to mislead others and be specific. Thanks.
P.S.: Apparently, you hate to be challenged. But, this is a fact-based query and let me remind you that I am holding a lot of Geron shares the cost of which to me is much higher than the current SP and that I AM NOT A TRADER!!!