no shareholder protection plan... if someone was to move on them portney would wave the SNH flag and simply out bid them.... We would need a big player to voice there concern... maybe a NYSE warning if the stock holds below $2.00 for a specific period for delisting would spark a player or activist.
could mean an offer was outright rejected without DD consideration.. That would be difficult considering GEN is a controlled company.
Shake it before you bake it...tommy....
if the 50 day holds...which I think it will... Your better get ready to cover tommy....shorting Fve is a fools game at these levels.
Your back on the bandwagon jonesy...We lost tommy-boy..i expect to a sight drop in the short position even thought it was already quite low at 3.2 % of the float... like i said this is not apple vs sampsong... mckay can pull levers we never seen yet... these FVE residents are the best of the best..not a weed on the grass..best of class. worth a bundle and ready to go earnings positive.
once we chew through $2.80 resistance....we will continue our new found momentum... a drive to earnings positive.results.
institution building a position. the next 2 quarters should be slightly stronger for FVE..maybe we'll see a true EPS earnings positive ... We should march north above $3.00 in the next month or so.
basicly i'd give this thing back to portney for a gift at 250 million for $4.50 a share...for a 100% upside... The heck with geminies 350 million offer... we cant beat portney... so lets just say uncle allready.... and give him the gift he wants... send me an offer portney.. send me an offer..where do i sign.
We all agree with you tommy..... You've got it on the money.... so maybe CSU is for you... trades at 550 million..less built in shareholder value... lots of debt on the places... maybe it can be taken out for 750 million..for a 50% upside... I like the chances of FVE be taken back private for 500 million with a 400% up-side.
Tommy... You have me on all points... First it was the re-statements..then the 20 million litigation..then the drop in ebitda... all great reasons to short this pig.... those are all gone now.. the rear view mirrow..driving forward i see the chance of better days...better earnings... and maybe gemini forcing change. trading at a market cap equal to our credit line of 150 million is unrealistic .. Are we going to $10 which would be a present peer evaluation equal to CSU... ..NO..but maybe somewhere in between.
Any operation concerns look to be gone...
Gemini will continue to stalk her for now.
Both FVE and SCU are on the edge of turning earning positive.... CSU continues to do aquisitions which has has one time effects to eps... but there both set to go this year.
interestingly enough CSU has a NCIB buying back shares each Q... FVE should use there line of credit and take 10 million shares off the float....as we still trade in the mud.
Tiny loss... no surprises... no excuses.. small rental increases..holding reasonable occupancy on our slowest quarter.....
WOW.... Hard to explain a 5x discount to a market peer like CSU... considering were closer to going earnings positive than them.
•Occupancy for the Company’s consolidated communities was 88.6% in the first quarter of 2016, an increase of 130 basis points from the first quarter of 2015 and a decrease of 60 basis points from the fourth quarter of 2015. Same-community occupancy was 88.5% for the first quarter of 2016, a 110 basis point increase from the first quarter of 2015 and a 40 basis point decrease from the fourth quarter of 2015
well get a look at csu occupancy numbers at close q over q....mckay can deliver EBITDA numbers that are preatty darn good.. even if were holding flat... Im not worried