% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Message Board

msq13113 49 posts  |  Last Activity: Feb 17, 2014 10:16 PM Member since: Jan 31, 2013
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Leerink Swann Investor Conerence webcast

    by mauricethepantsman Feb 13, 2014 1:22 PM
    msq13113 msq13113 Feb 17, 2014 10:16 PM Flag

    I will take a look. Missed the dip to 4 trying to gain confidence in the move upward and take a position. Left in August after the Cardiff trial discontinuance.

    I have been mainly been invested in GALE boy what zoo that message board has become.

  • Reply to

    Comments on Friday's price and volume spike?

    by ibc123 Feb 8, 2014 4:00 PM
    msq13113 msq13113 Feb 9, 2014 2:18 AM Flag

    Now that SNSS has made the journey to 4 and back I am curious to see if there was a change in Blackrocks position. They bought a large stake just above 5 over a year ago. Have they added, sold or are they just holding content to wait for the trial results. This is an instituitional owners stock not a lot of retail owners to manipulate shares from or to leave holding the bag.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    What is going on today with SNSS?

    by mauricethepantsman Jan 10, 2014 1:29 PM
    msq13113 msq13113 Jan 11, 2014 8:33 AM Flag

    Agreed good thinking Pantsman. This is definitely an I-buyers stock with institutions ownership at 92.1% (source E*Trade) which by the way is down from 96% last summer. I suspect that investors are tiring of this stock and dilution surly will not help the situation. Still looking for an opportunity to buy back in. For now however most of my attention is on GALE where I have seen a 200% gain. F-Joe I see you have been following the GALE surge.

    Is there a scheduled date for the Vosaroxin read out?

  • Reply to

    Where is everybody?

    by rpier2 Nov 18, 2013 6:25 AM
    msq13113 msq13113 Nov 20, 2013 11:30 PM Flag

    I have been checking in on SNSS since I liquidated following the recommendation to discontinue Cardiff study this past summer. Volume has been low and the board has been pretty dormant. I moved my money into GALE right after they diluted this summer. This have been one of the best moves I have made for quite a while. I am up 70 percent.

    Lots of dreamers over there as well as the usual “you’re a paid basher… well you’re a paid pumper” nonsense. Like must of the Yahoo MB's if you can filter out the crazy ones some of the contributions are worth reading.

    I am curious how the trials work out for SNSS. I am still worried that a drop to $4 will come before $6 ever returns.

  • Reply to


    by fuchujoe Sep 24, 2013 11:30 AM
    msq13113 msq13113 Sep 28, 2013 9:01 AM Flag

    This is indeed the first week since the Cardiff news that I have seen some impressive volume. Would the completion of the enrollment be the catalyst for this weeks buying?

    Have been surprised by support in the 4.50 range. I have been thinking that the pps would bottom at $4. I have been making some money with GALE which resently diluted its shares. The yahoo board is quite a zoo.

  • Reply to

    Today's move

    by fuchujoe Aug 22, 2013 12:15 PM
    msq13113 msq13113 Aug 22, 2013 2:19 PM Flag

    If you bought the dip into the 4.60's earlier this week you could make a nice profit selling today. However the stock isn't very liquid don't expect to get the peak today.

    Everyone is at the beach or at the track so it is very common to get stange moves in August.

  • Reply to

    Below $5 where to from here.

    by msq13113 Aug 9, 2013 5:19 PM
    msq13113 msq13113 Aug 16, 2013 2:36 PM Flag

    The sidelines it is j-blue, I look at today’s daily chart and see once again the plateaus at the higher end of pps plus low volume and it looks like someone is unwinding their position.

    In fairness the market in general is creating a strong headwind.

  • I bailed north of $5.07 thinking that the outcome this week was coming. I suspect we go lower and I plan to join in at $4ish depending on what I hear on the 13th. The 12th will be interesting as undoubtingly if there is good news it will be leaked. In my opinion SNSS is in trouble.

  • Reply to

    Any catalyst to keep SNSS above $5

    by msq13113 Jul 31, 2013 10:38 PM
    msq13113 msq13113 Aug 7, 2013 3:09 PM Flag

    F-joe, I have also rode through the hellish depths and the 6 to 1 reverse split with my initial position in SNSS. With last September’s recovery I sold for a profit and have been playing the technical cycles the past 9 months unfortunately the Cardiff study ruined my last technical cycle play and I had to settle for a breakeven outcome. Not sure when and if to get back in.

    The problem with the Cardiff findings is it a potential breakdown in the fundamentals of SNSS. Regarding Truths assertion, Wedbush does support SNSS post Cardiff and now has them speaking at the Aug 13th conference. Maybe there will be something to substantive presented next week.

    I-muno’s snarky post should give folks some pause as September puts have piled up implying speculators see SNSS dropping below $5. However there is a belief that one-sided option purchases with depressed valuations are a contrarian indicator.

  • The chart is on the verge of breaking down. If one of the big boys pick up their marbles and leaves $5 support will be lost. I wonder if Blackrock is still buying.

  • msq13113 msq13113 Jul 30, 2013 10:46 AM Flag

    Yes indeed, it may not be as horrible of a day as I anticipated. With three other sells I am out at break even and no longer over exposed on this position. I was playing for good news on the Cardiff Study and the potential for a big pay off. That is not going to happen now. May hold an investment lot to see if we go back to $5.5 but its not going to $8 and there is a good chance sub $5 will be around for awhile.

  • msq13113 msq13113 Jul 30, 2013 9:43 AM Flag

    I just sold some 5K shares and it was snatched up in a flash.

  • Reply to


    by fuchujoe Jul 30, 2013 5:03 AM
    msq13113 msq13113 Jul 30, 2013 8:46 AM Flag

    Bad news it is, this will definitely erase most of my gains made over the last year. The premarket looks predictably ugly. It is interesting to see the headlines regarding the DMSC have been pulled and replaced by the kinder gentler headlines about earnings. SNSS is an institutional stock I wonder how it Blackrock and company will respond?

    Fjoe, you make a clear distinction about the Cardiff study and Valor however this is analogous to a weak grounder back to the pitcher in the bottom of the ninth for out number one, and no one can feel good about our chances with this outcome until batter No. 2 delivers.

  • Reply to

    Any thoughts?

    by fuchujoe Jul 26, 2013 1:10 AM
    msq13113 msq13113 Jul 26, 2013 9:49 AM Flag

    Watching SNSS closely and I am glad I didn’t sell any shares yesterday at 5.70. The chart over the last several weeks has shown a consistent upward trend through the trading range (different pattern). Yesterday’s pop was nice but the volume wasn’t indicative of something known that will keep the pps at or above $6. I won’t be surprised if the pps returns to 5.3 or 5.5 in the near term. We shall see.

  • msq13113 msq13113 Jul 12, 2013 4:22 PM Flag

    Pantsman, “quiet day” is definitely and understatement, this entire week has been quiet and flat. I suspect everyone is holding anticipating the next news event. Only the market makers and some nimble swing traders were in the mix.

    Time to reread or listen to the conference presentations from this spring and invest accordingly. If the news regarding LI-1 is good all is well if it is bad then hello $3.

  • Reply to

    Boiling down fools.

    by msq13113 Jul 9, 2013 11:47 AM
    msq13113 msq13113 Jul 9, 2013 2:28 PM Flag

    What is so disturbing is MF is awarded a headline "Why Sunesis is Poised to Pull Back”.
    Stochastic’s have us overbought, we have been stuck in a trading range (4.90 to 5.90), and volume is below average so news flash chances are we will pull back, and then what maybe cycle repeats?

    For me it seems like MF is looking for a reason to get out one MF investor’s opinion (or a completely contrived opinion) regarding an interpretation of last Septembers DSMB’s findings. What is interesting is DSMB’s findings last September triggered the most significant run in many months, a run supported huge volume and a run that has sustained a trading range. MF is either struggling to fill content, working for the Bigs, or a complete joke.

    There are many many risks with an investment in SNSS but the least of these is dismissing the opinion of MF.

  • It will be interesting to see if yet another MF news release of their CAPS investors moves the stock in the direction they assert. These guys always seam to show up with news releases about stocks I happen to track or own asserting breakout or pullback opinions that are typically way off the mark. Has anyone charted their success with spotting the future movement of SNSS?

    I guess what bugs me most about the MF opinion is how it starts out with “based on the aggregated intelligence of 180,000-plus investors”… then you read on… ‘of the 96 investors participating in the survey 30% believe SNSS will underperform the S&P’…, and then the kicker is of this group they publish one investor's rather confusing opinion. The most important fact they should present is that whether it’s one MF superstar, 30% of 96 MF’s or 180,000 MF’s they are collectively just part of a very tiny percentage of ownership (3 to 4 percent) that are riding along with the big boys that are placing serious bets on the outcome of clinical trials.

  • Reply to

    Waiting for todays pop!

    by mauricethepantsman Jul 2, 2013 12:10 PM
    msq13113 msq13113 Jul 3, 2013 9:07 AM Flag

    Pantsman, it appears that these orders "froze" the closing price over the last half hour or so, yesterday. This type of volume (action) isn't reassuring from my perspective. To me it means that with $2,200 (pocket change for the Bigs) you can manipulate the pps. It seems to me that the observed action is market makers or a hedgy trying to create a spike or put in a ceiling.

    I think we need volume north of 800k before we can have more confidence that the rise in pps is organic, meaning driven by the value of successful trials.

  • Reply to

    Face TO 10 BUCK!

    by detlab2000 Jul 1, 2013 9:23 PM
    msq13113 msq13113 Jul 2, 2013 11:50 AM Flag

    Yes the prepare for jumps-guy is back. Unfortunately a race to ten is doubtful lets be happy with breaking through and holding $6. Volume suggests this just shorts and market makers making money.
    Is there any news to anticipate in the near term?

  • Reply to


    by msq13113 Jun 27, 2013 2:49 PM
    msq13113 msq13113 Jun 27, 2013 8:48 PM Flag

    We shall see Mtpman. I am in agreement with you on the $7 before $4 assertion but the low volume has me concerned the Mr. Big is running this show.

0.52-0.03(-5.45%)Jun 24 4:00 PMEDT