Fri, Oct 24, 2014, 6:30 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 3 hrs.

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

HCP, Inc. Message Board

myles11344 4 posts  |  Last Activity: Oct 10, 2014 12:18 PM Member since: Oct 6, 1999
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Wonderful GAB buying price now...

    by myles11344 Oct 9, 2014 12:55 PM
    myles11344 myles11344 Oct 10, 2014 12:18 PM Flag

    Hi Ed.... For the last 2 decades that I have owned, bought, traded GAB, the Board Of Directors have always adhered to their posted 10% of the last 4 qtrs NAV dividend adjustment policy. I just cannot guarantee 2 more weighing factors though. The price action during this sell off now and up to OCT 20th on GAB and how and if the Board will factor in the Rights value to the 4th qty div.

    Scorman (a knowledgeable poster above) correctly cautioned that the share price COULD drop down further to maybe $6.00 because of the spread premium on the Rights over the $5.75 GAB price to be doled out with 7 shares of Rights value plus the $5.75. And market selloff conditions could drop the price even to $5.75 with a rights value of 0 cents each. That's a risk chance in GAB price to consider.

    Here are my calculations (a bit technical but I believe accurate).
    9/30/14 NAV = $6.78
    6/30/14 NAV = $7.31
    3/31/14 NAV = $7.10
    12/31/13 NAV = $7.20

    The AVERAGE if 7.09575 and thus 10% is 70.95 cents. GAB has already paid out 15, 15 and 14 cents. That leaves 26.975 cents to be paid out in Dec. 2014. The Board may ok 26 (or 27) Cents for the last leftover part. Usually they do not round up thus 26 cents.

    Best wishes on your decision at what price to buy... Myles

  • since the 4th quarter dividend to be 26 cents in December according to (my estimate) tracking of the last 4 qtrs of NAV and the last the qtrs of dividends paid out. We will see how the GAB board of directors votes next month but in a future post I'll post my own calculations in detail. I've already loaded up my IRA so no more $ at this point to use for more GAB for now. Best wishes all, Myles

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    Value of GAB with Rights

    by valueinvestor2 Sep 25, 2014 9:08 AM
    myles11344 myles11344 Oct 6, 2014 11:42 PM Flag

    Hi Yosarian... You are close in your calculations except for the last step. You actually have 7,000 rights to sell if you wish at .08 = $560 not a mere $80. However the other part of your calculation is correct (currently) at $749. Thus, your choice of decision....$560 or $749. Prices on the rights change daily, hourly and every moment it appears. Hope this info helps you a bit to make the choice which best fits you. Best wishes, Myles.

  • Reply to

    Please explain why HCP is going down

    by stoppingin Sep 17, 2014 4:35 PM
    myles11344 myles11344 Sep 17, 2014 9:58 PM Flag

    Thank you "crk00"! A pleasure to have you on this board with your knowledge and easy to understand information/explanation of events. Please keep us aware as best you can, sincerely Myles--long time holder of HCP common stock.

    Sentiment: Hold

HCP
42.81+0.22(+0.52%)Oct 23 4:04 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Flotek Industries Inc.
NYSEThu, Oct 23, 2014 4:04 PM EDT
Pfizer Inc.
NYSEThu, Oct 23, 2014 4:00 PM EDT