AMZN up 14% and gives nothing to shareholders. I'm used to this nonsense but I still hate it.
??? who said that? Nobody I know believed we would crest 120 before earnings. So don't worry. Just hold on and you should be fine. But I wouldn't risk shorting AAPL at this point. I'll consider protective puts depending on Tuesday and Wednesday action.
Excellent question. Friday was the OPEX for LEAPs and the max pain calculated at 100.71. Of course this isn't accurate but next week's max pain is ~109. So we were pulled downward by internals last week and we should have expected it. But next week should see recovery.
You may be right. Problem is that a triple bottom is established when the last up leg is established penetrating the midpoint of the 2 center peaks (113.25 or so). So we're not quite there yet. Also, normally TA suggests a 6 month period or longer for triple bottom. This has only been 6 weeks, starting at Nov 28th.
Still, I like the setup and think this could form up nicely given earnings approaching. We'll need to hold tomorrow. We're down 3 days running and need to hold above the center-point intraday low of under 105. 3 days is the key. Tomorrow needs to finish higher than Friday's open and head back toward the 50-day. GL.
So your patience is running thin because AAPL is only at $770 pre-split PPS? And you say you are long term investor? Hmmm. Go back and chart the last 5.5 years and listen to how silly all that sounds to real long term AAPL investors. BTW - we were just under 120 a few weeks ago. Did you expect straight up? Like I say, go look at history.
Mine's red wine. Have had it for years and still play nearly every day. No so well anymore. Great pastime. I'll take a look at the schecter. Have an Ovation and would like to branch out a bit.
I hope you're right. I sold January $7 calls yesterday and would like to buy them back cheaper. Clearly the stock is worth more than the current price so I see the PPS chased by a market looking for a way to validate the movement upward.
I suppose you could be right, although so far you've been completely wrong and don't seem to understand the value or the science involved. Since I bought at 7.29 and sold calls for the last 4 months my cost is in the mi $5 now. I will likely sell $8 calls or maybe even $7s and try to scalp a little further return. Things look pretty good so far. Anyway, good luck to you.
1) You may buy put options to offset some of your loss should there be a precipitous drop but of course that will eat some of your profit
2) You may sell calls short at a higher strike to offset some of your risk (and you may combine with strategy 1 to cover the premium with the gain for 2). The risk here is if the stock rises significantly above the short calls you may have the share-equivelent calls called away. That would defeat your tax intent.
All in all, it's a good problem to have. Congratulations.
I hope you're right. I keep hearing promising news and the stock improves a bit and I look up and oh, the PPS is 39 cents. Tomorrow it goes to 60 cents? 70 cents? $1? It's all to discouraging to watch. However, the stock is worthless now (basically) so any good news is hopeful. But so far, that's all any of it has been. Good news followed by short term slightly up and then the next leg down. Maybe this time will be different. Maybe.
They announced they're going to sell their furnaces. Unclear for how much and if all or some but if the $500K each claim was honest that could be a mover. But I'll wait and see. Doubling up gets you a dime on the dollar so I don't think I'll get too excited yet. I still don't trust these guys.