Well my costs are lower than my position now thanks to buying fairly low and sell calls the last 3 months. So I'm encouraged have an average cost under $5.50. Anything can happen but I'll wait a few days and see if I can buy more at a price below 5.50. The MF article is an embarrassment by the way. You'll learn far more by following the smarter posters on this board. Good luck.
I've been walking the walk for many years. I'm trying to help out with the idea you can sell and gain 15% on someone's say so. There are other ways. I bought covered shares at $7 when the stock was 7.29 (after the crash) and got 65 cents in October and 60 more cents in November. So at this point my cost is nearly $6. I'm content with that. I'll wait and see tomorrow if I want to sell December calls. Either way, these shares are now LEAPS without an expiration. You and others can do as you like. It makes no difference to me. I'm just here for the money.
Better to sell near term calls. It's not a perfect solution but we don't know where it will go. 15%? Maybe. But that's 75 cents and you can recover that in a couple months of shorting calls.
Well yours is the most laughable post I've seen in a long time. And, it's inaccurate on all counts. Clearly you are wounded by end2war's succinct and painfully obvious argument for ARWR recovery. At this point longs have little to lose, Shorts, however, are increasingly at risk. Time is on the longs' side.
Spokesman? O'Brian is general council and one of the best known in the industry. He holds a doctorates in pharmacy and law. And the lawyers suing Arrowhead are very disappointed in this acquisition.
At $5/share this is priced like a LEAP. Yes anything can happen but this price seems like a good gamble to me. For $5k you own 1000 shares. If any good news is reported, this could be a double in a heartbeat. And no looming expiration date.
I did the same. It's pretty pathetic to listen to the ridiculous claims and lies of short sellers.
There is absolutely no way that will happen. With legal vultures circling the company you can rest assured that there will be no news reported until it has been validated and is complete. There will likely be leaks and when they occur, we'll see unexplained up moves but you won't here from the kitchen until the soup's ready for tasting.
I'm long although I bought at 6.90 and have been selling calls right along. I will soon stop selling calls as we approach the inevitable move upward.
L&S, I have studied AAPL share movement for the last 6 years+ on a daily basis. Consistently buying AAPL Friday EOD and selling Tuesday EOD yields surprising gains over time. No other day combo is that consistently good. Clever and prudent management of Calls (or selling Puts) amplifies the gains. So your experience in consistent with that. Monday usually closes above its open. Tuesday usually closes above its open also but not as much gain as Monday. However Wednesday and Thursday typically close below their open and Friday is about 50-50. So the math indicates a pattern that's consistent with what you're doing. So how did you make out today. I assume you sold your $112 calls near the close? And did you sell your $110 puts also? And how do you decide what strikes to buy. Is that systematic as well? Thanks, Myron
Hmmm. That's interesting and I'm inclined to believe that it's possible based on other studies I've done. I'll model this over the weekend. Good luck.