Just got to be patient! And if LINE goes to 15, or 20, we can't complain that we only collected our premium! My big worry is the whole US stock market is a bubble, but I am not letting that stop me.
Very nice, 13900*3 gets you to 42K. I am torn between the LINE 10 and 8. Also I am not sure I love the idea of tying my capital up for a full year or not, but I think for 20% return (or in your case 30%) it is OK. I cannot see any way LINE will be under 10 in a year let alone 8. Let's hope we don't get bankrupted, I need a good break after bad patches.
I am looking at selling the LINE 8's. How much did you get for the 10? If you sell them at 3.15 your break even is 6.85. With the 8, your break even is 5.85 but of course you get less upside. If LINE runs back to 20 I am OK missing that upside to get a 20%+ return over the next year.
True enough, I have often sold too early as well. LINN is worth double current price I believe. What a painful experience. What do you think will happen if as the "experts" say, oil prices stay at these levels for a long time? LINN will be OK right but maybe not PGN?
Wonderful. Shoot me now, and Happy Holidays.
My god. Looking back at buying PGN in the 7's. Thought it was a great bargain considering how high it had been. Just wish I could jump through time and smack myself in the head and not buy this. What a debacle.
I know it has decay.
I don't need the funds for a long time, I just wish I had never touched this. I am very concerned now as this low oil price is persistent.
Oh, how I wish I had listened. Lost all my gains when I got shaken out. Not only that PGN crushed me. What a god awful year. Do you think there will be a January sell-off or is UVXY going straight down.
That's actually good. LINN is not, and I mean no way, going bankrupt. PGN, not so sure. In fact LINN was on my short list to switch into if I sell PGN. God what an awful year, somebody tell these stocks we're at 2100 S&P.
Yes good to see insiders buying. What % of your money is in this one now? I got way too much, like 30%. Oy vey. Next bounce to $4 I'm out and re-evaluate. We need a Christmas miracle.
They know the bet is shorting that one.
I am not out yet, though obviously I should have sold on this bounce that turned out to be a dead cat. I am considering selling to take the tax loss this year and get in a different energy name. I loved this at $7 so it seems almost too late to sell now but then again it could keep dropping. Feels like we need a miracle right now. But no, not thrown the towel just yet.
I'm just curious how it could have cost you 20 years. I hope it improves for you. I am debating at this point between holding PGN or cutting bait and taking the loss, then buying a different bigger oil company that can weather the storm a little better.