It may hit 70 degrees in NY for the New Year. It looks like the winter is not showing up this year. At this juncture if I were short and this far ahead I probably wouldn't cover either. Have a good new year.
No, Upl is projected to have a loss for the quarter and it is highly probable they will have a bigger loss next quarter. The cash flow situation isn't too hot either. There is a reason this is now a $2 stock. They need NG prices to go back up asap so they can be in a better position to negotiate for funds needed next year.The odds are survival at this time appear to be more likely than not but if the weather keeps up like it has the odds will drop.
First, after the sell recommendation that analyst's company bought as much UPL as it could. Second and even more important, I sold out my position about a week ago. We are having a delayed reaction, usually it is the next day...
They would be nuts to do so in today's environment. The first mantra is to pay down debt. then if there is still adequate liquidity there are fire sales everywhere.
They can laugh all they want but I have the staying power to make money in EPE. My cost basis is in the low $4 range and I exoect to double within 18 months. Yes, it will probably go down more. The shorts see alot of debt so it's blood in the water to them. But barring a complete destruction of the oil industry, this little train will chug on through ((IMHO).
It is not likely to make money in 2016. P/E is the past. You need to understand the business before investing. and sometimes even that doesn't matter....
That is sometimes true and sometimes not true. There is a den of thieves out there..But all things being equal I would rather have an upgrade. After all UPL had several upgrades when it ws selling in the $20 range...
The storage report doesn't matter today. This industry is like a train moving in one direction that cannot be stopped. The analysts love this. I am sure many will be buying because they know this game. They can wait. Everyone else usually panics. And for good reason. Stock prices are moving down relentlessly. I made the mistake of fighting the trend.
I am fortunate to be one of the few who made money on HK this year. I did make it up however by losing money elsewhere. I am back in at 25 cent. The odds of a bankruptcy are excellent, however the management has made some smart moves to reduce debt and they have a hedging program that will buy them time. Even if they eventually go bust, it won't be for quite some time. I did not bet the farm here, I am not insane, but this is an excellent gamble in my opinion.
I agree with you. Though bankruptcy is probable, they have time to operate and if oil hits $60 by the end of 2016 you have a quadruple here. Low odds, but premature to pack it in (IMHO).
Three times I got in and 3 times I sold out when it went down 15% from where I bought it. Anytime you buy even a moderately speculative stock, selling out before serious damage is advisable. I should never have reinvested 3 times however I just refused to believe that one of the lowest cost drillers in the world could end up this close to bankruptcy. For those looking to get rich here, that's fine. You may hit it. But I advise that you use my technique in case you are wrong. One more idea that may work for you. Low energy prices mean lower stock prices for drillers but translate to higher rates for oil shippers. One should consider that offset strategy as well as puts or shorting other drillers to offset an E & P investment. Just my 2 cents. One last comment - There is a nut job posting these boards - chicosan3, If you see a post that looks like it is from me with an L instread of an i for the third letter it is him. not me. He also imitates Juan Ton Amigo. For the m in amigo he uses r n or rn that looks like a m.. Now that's tough to see. Good investing to all.
Shows 16 analysts with a buy rating, one overweight, 2 holds and one sell. The high stock target is 15 and the low is 8.70. the median is 13 and the average is 12.76. I used today's sell-off to increase my position. I will collect my dividend while waiting for the rebound.