Oh no. I guess that I have to sell now. That was great advice. Next time before I buy 30,000 shares I should listen to you. I am sure you know the right thing to do. I mean, after all, the sophistication of your name alone warrants deep respect. That will be so much easier than all the research I used to do, Just listen to the pig man.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I sold out for a loss earlier in the year. Bad timing. But at these levels the risk reward is too positive to resist. Gambling, maybe, but with more than likely to succeed odds. This time my position is more substantial. We will see. All reasonable and or factual commentaries of my logic are welcomed.
I bought more today. Couldn't wait to see if we will go back into the 4 range. I don't mind letting this money rest. With NG prices up this boat will float. Just wait for the next earnings release..or the update..or a financing arrangement ..or a JV...or an asset sale..or a company sale..Lot's of potential good news and its unlikely to have more bad news. So my logic goes..
Keep pumping on down. I would love to average down in the $4 range. By next year this stock is $6 or more (IMHO). The thing is, for a value investor, we don't mind if the stock goes down because when the company's value eventually comes out we will only make that much more.
I agree that HK was a good trade yesterday as was UPL, but I am hoping for much better returns on SD, HK and UPL by winter and will not trade them at this time. I also like BTU and DVN.
Last year we had Tom Ward. No pigs on board this time. We will also get better NG prices than last year. Yet the stock sells for less now than then. Go figure...But these anomalies don't last forever..
You are never stuck. Every day you should review your portfolio objectively. Would you buy SD at these levels if you did not have any shares. If the answer is no you should sell. I have an huge position in SD and although I am disappointed in the stock price so far I would buy more today at these prices, so I did. However if you like CHK better I would sell SD and buy CHK. My other reason for suggesting you sell SD is that the next day they will announce the sale of the company for at least $9 a share..
I made good money on SDT and now for the oversold PER. If it goes down I will buy more. My only problem with these trusts is the spread and the fact that a large buy needs a limit because the price changes. This trust is in the Permian, it is the strongest of the three trusts. Oh and I increased my SD position today as well..
HK is my number 3 position. I never gave up, averaged down, and am now close to breakeven. I averaged down on my number 2 position UPL and am now significantly ahead. I am slightly under with SD presently, nothing that 10 cents up would not cure, but I am buying more. Not because I love it, I don't, but because the oil is hedged and the NG is not and NG prices are in a nice spot now.
Fry short fry! Apparently you got a bit too greedy.
You are correct and I do buy big, but only when I am more confident in the play. Here the odds are good but it is not yet an almost sure thing. If the stock price deteriorates however I will buy more as I like the odds. If I see something that leads me to believe that this stock has achieved almost sure thing status I will buy very big as I have done in the past with numerous stocks. My present position here however is not insubstantial.
I already sold out for a nice profit. Used the money to buy more HK at 3.63 yesterday. My portfolio has been up for the last few days. Hopefully my roll will continue.
You are right that this is not a positive but there are many reasons for stock sales. Only one for stock buys. Although dissapointing that we have not seen any buys yet..seling alone by one person will not get me to sell into a second panic. Objectively the stock is oversold. I won't buy too much here until I see insider buying or some new contracts but I did buy a bit..