Sun, Jul 13, 2014, 7:15 AM EDT - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Occidental Petroleum Corporation Message Board

neiljneil 342 posts  |  Last Activity: Jul 11, 2014 8:25 PM Member since: Oct 27, 2006
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    HK will rocket to $6.00 within the next 30 days.

    by dsc20601 Apr 10, 2014 5:34 PM
    neiljneil neiljneil Apr 14, 2014 4:46 PM Flag

    You gotta work on that voice...LOL

  • Reply to

    36 and counting till ER

    by caseevaluator May 21, 2014 10:21 AM
    neiljneil neiljneil May 22, 2014 8:49 AM Flag

    You may be correct in the very short run but with a sustainable 11% dividend and long term potential in a very dicey market I plan to hold until at least $50 a share and collect my dividends as I wait.

  • I first bought into SD in May 2010 in the mid $6 range. Unfortunately I bought a bit more in the $10 range but later bought more in the $4 and $5 range. I never sold any shares. My position is huge. I have followed this company closely for all these years. They have had only good quarters under the new management. Finally the investment community is starting to see SD as a player again. There is no reason to expect a poor quarter now. If this quarter is also excellent then I foresee a $7 stock price in the near term that will move up to the mid $7 range within a month. That is not the big news. Based on how many times this company has been expected to be sold and now that management is on board with this I expect a sale later in the year when SD is above $8 a share. I can be wrong and sometimes am but that's how I see it.

  • Reply to

    Good luck longs....

    by krill66 Jun 18, 2014 2:45 PM
    neiljneil neiljneil Jun 18, 2014 3:40 PM Flag

    krill - You clearly did not fall in love with your investment and you have demonstrated that you can sell and take a profit. These are good things. However I have no plans to sell in the near term with SD and the NG industry just coming into their stride. Good luck to you as well.

  • Reply to


    by locke12 Apr 21, 2014 9:06 AM
    neiljneil neiljneil Apr 21, 2014 9:45 AM Flag

    locke12 - What was you reason for the post about Pfizer?

  • Reply to

    Assessment - feedback welcome

    by who_gnu_1235 May 5, 2014 12:40 PM
    neiljneil neiljneil May 6, 2014 9:00 AM Flag

    My only comment is that is there has to be some evidence that Ganetespib works by the time it hits the third trial. Therefore it would appear that the odds are that it will work in some capacity. What capacity and what financial viability it has remains grey for the moment. Your scenario of success or not success may not be the way this plays out but even a middle ground, if that is possible here, would appear to be enough to elevate the stock price from the current level.

  • This is where we find out. If you though it was going to be easy, a no brainer, to buy SNTA at these levels I would argue that you are correct even if it goes down to $3.50. Not that I expect it to. There is a winner philosophy of playing the market and it requires conviction and confidence. If you are selling now because the price of the stock isn't going up presently then don't let the door hurt your behind on the way out. One more thing, get out of individual stock investing before you lose most of your money. I not only expect to make oodles of money with SNTA, I expect to make even more if it goes down.

  • That is the easy part. I may start to shift my energy plays over the next few months into some of them. But I can wait a year or so to see the results of my investments if I am confident in them. Most "investors" except the professionals can't, Even I sometimes veer from my plan. Currently I am looking for other bio-tech ideas that may be or become value plays during this bio-tech downturn. Any good ideas are appreciated. Even a brief explanation based on value, not stock price or momentum or what some analyst is pushing would be appreciated. My apologies to this board for discussions on any other stock but SNTA but I feel I have contributed here and don't plan to discuss any other bio-tech stocks in detail on this board. And of course for those who have yet to read my posts here I am very long on SNTA and consider it a value play, however unorthodox, at this level.

  • Reply to

    False upward movement

    by apachefogg May 9, 2014 11:56 AM
    neiljneil neiljneil May 9, 2014 12:40 PM Flag

    apache..I think you are a bit too much into your technical analysis. This stock does not make for a good short. Too much potential upside. No charts, no waves, no moving averages. Too risky to short. Period.

  • neiljneil by neiljneil Jun 16, 2014 3:32 PM Flag

    That's when we go on the selling block (IMHO). Though I have to admit that with the turnaround in focus, discipline and leadership that has been demonstrated by SD over these last few quarters I am no longer sure that I want a sale for $12..I may want SD to continue in business so that I can make more..

  • Reply to

    Getting ready for take-off...

    by neiljneil Apr 21, 2014 2:21 PM
    neiljneil neiljneil Apr 21, 2014 8:19 PM Flag

    You could by keeping in mind that the turtle wins.

  • Reply to

    Two points!

    by eyegeewhiz Apr 23, 2014 5:01 PM
    neiljneil neiljneil Apr 24, 2014 10:49 AM Flag

    Fast-track designation is advantageous because it enables more-frequent interactions with the FDA regarding regulatory submission and review, as well as the possibility of accelerated approval, priority review, and rolling review.

  • Reply to

    SDRL is not an island...

    by neiljneil May 4, 2014 9:43 AM
    neiljneil neiljneil May 5, 2014 9:32 AM Flag

    Hero is oversold as they are turning a corner regarding profitability. RDC is growing fast, also oversold. SDRL is the largest of the 3 positions. It is the BTU of coal stocks equivalent. and safe due to its profitability, dividend and modern fleet (IMHO). I also bough some DO recently. The entire industry is oversold (IMHO).

  • I could not free up any more money today to buy more SNTA but I can live with it. I see we have entered the runway. Get ready....

  • Reply to


    by krf10_2000 May 28, 2014 3:55 PM
    neiljneil neiljneil May 28, 2014 4:11 PM Flag

    That's what they want you to think. They want to wear you out. I am in 4 years. I just don't give up. I will be there when SD passes $12 a share whether or not it is sold. SD is not as sure a thing as some of the other NG plays but the odds are overwhelmingly in their favor. Now that NG is finally recovering is not the time to sell (IMHO).

  • I added HERO, RDC and SDRL last week to my portfolio. There are few value plays left to put money now that high flyers are getting out of vogue. It seems that this industry, which is making money and poised to continue to make even more money next year is ready to receive all these monies looking for a relatively safe home. The downside is less than 10%, the upside is 40 - 60% on average with a 2 year window. (IMHO).

  • Reply to


    by djmjr938 Apr 28, 2014 4:04 PM
    neiljneil neiljneil Apr 28, 2014 4:21 PM Flag

    I also bought more today at $5.28. Anyone buying or selling because of you is a moron, no offense. You need to be able to do your own homework. You posts may help some and may not but to think that someone sold because that disliked your posts, well, I already said it..

  • I thought about selling it and trying to get it back at a lower price..Glad I did not..I remember when XCO broke through $5.50 and I thought about selling it and trying to get it back at a lower price..Glad I did not. I remember when HK broke through $5 and I thought about selling it and trying to get it back at a lower price...Glad I did not. I remember when SD broke through it's 52 week high on heavy volume..So what do you think I am going to do now? And what are you going to do?

  • SNTA has suffered mightily due to the legitimate re-balancing of portfolio's out of the high flying bio-tech's to other value sector plays. The sell off of SNTA however is an example of the baby thrown out with the bathwater. For a bio-tech the potential of SNTA makes the current price a value play. It is a matter of time before the market sees this. The rebound for SNTA should happen way before we can confirm if the pipeline will be successful. If the pipeline is successful we will be in the teens next year but even before that the potential is worth way more that $4 due to the excellent probability of success (IHMO).

  • Sure it was a no brainer to buy HK in the low $4 and and below range. That was the easy part. Reviewing the current material on HK now leads me to believe that $7 is not too far away and possibly a lot more. I have decided to continue to hold this position until at least $7 and possibly more. I know that there is money in trading but I don't want to fall off this money train before I make some serious bucks. I now I will try my best to do what I do best. Nothing...

100.48+0.07(+0.07%)Jul 11 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Potbelly Corporation
NasdaqGSFri, Jul 11, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Yamana Gold, Inc.
NYSEFri, Jul 11, 2014 4:00 PM EDT