If so, I'll buy more at the bottom. If not, I'm glad I have skin in the game already. Either way, the LT prospects are really good here. My hunch is that we've seen bottom already and will begin a gradual ascent until reaching new highs in the next few months. What do I know though. I bought some 2 weeks ago and again last week. Thus far, I've taken a beating and am way down in the dark red. I will continue watching closely and possibly buy more on any weakness. I'm looking to add about 500 more shares to my position. Anything at, around, or under 12 would be a surprise. GLTA!
You could sell now for a profit of over 1K, in less than an hour. Not a bad days work. Of course, you could hold and make a lot more in the next few weeks/months/years. GL!!
Yay! Glad you're back in Mike! I think you're in at a very good price. But then, I bought chunks the last two weeks and thought I was "in for a steal" of a price. GL!!
That would indeed be a good sign of sector stabilization! IMHO, biotech is plenty beat up which now creates a (still risky) buying opportunity. It may drop a little lower still. Nothing profound here -- but at some point, it will hit bottom. I personally started taking small bites a few weeks ago and (as it turns out) I jumped in too early. I took another bite last week and again, this buy has proven to be too early. I'll likely try again possibly later this week, or next. I'm a little more skeptical as I'm down on average a little over 10% at this point. Not too worried though since there's lots of room to move up and I'm in no hurry. I personally like the "small bites" approach as it risks something with potential reward but leaves opportunity for buying lower if it drops. GLTA!
At open, looks like there are more buyers than sellers. Up about 4% in 5 minutes. As things go though, we'll see how trading works itself out through the day. If it's anything like the last few weeks, PPS will move around within a 10% range all day. Big ups, then big downs, then bounces back to the middle. Hard to stomach. Trading these days certainly not for the faint-of-heart.
Wow. I'm getting nauseous from all the movement today (and yesterday, and...well, you get the point). Ready for things to calm down, settle in. If it begins stabilizing, I'm planning to double my current position and lower my PPS. Will wait till at least Thursday before I decide whether or not to pull the trigger. Any advice?
Nice bounce back this afternoon. Glad I walked away at down 8% and came back to the computer at down only 1.44% Still not "in the green" but much better than earlier. Sure is moving around a lot each day. As I'm newer to this stock, is it pretty "normal" to swing 10% on any given day?!?!?
Well, I'm young, not looking for a quick pop. I have a very high risk tolerance, which is how/why I'm in this sector. I am down about 20% which is concerning. My average PPS is mid 14's -- but if the bleeding stops soon, I assume it will rise with similar steepness as its fall. As far as I can tell, HZNP is a good company with a good product and good management. Obviously, I wish I'd waited a few weeks to jump into HZNP. At this point, just trying to protect initial asset and put it (today) where it has the best opportunity to make something for 30 years from now. At this point, I'm likely to just leave it where it is and look away for a while.
I can't seem to find any new news that is causing an over 8% drop again today. Other than sector-wide and market wide selling. Is there news I'm not aware of specific to HZNP? I own enough shares to be concerned and am down considerably from where I purchased already. Wondering if I should sell and get back in at a lower PPS. Anyone own a magic wand?
Just when I didn't think it would drop any lower, it drops another dollar. What gives? And my portfolio is as low as it's been in years thank to HZNP (and a few other big losers). Now down over 30% in 3 weeks. Very painful! Disappointing. This is my first large dose of major loss in the market. Any advice?
Sadly, I feel your pain. Hang in there! I'm gambling on a hard bounce soon. This sector is one of the more risky sectors out there. That does mean the potential gains are high, and also the potential losses. Jumping into any sector when the market is in the middle of a correction is quite risky. But without risk -- your money does nothing. I'm in for risk. Hope my children's children's children with thank me someday.
I'm with you. I can't figure it out either. I do think it's wise to take small bites at these prices though. I'm glad to have averaged down my position some today. Hope I can see the wisdom of today's decision with clarity in 6 months!
um. Be patient. Still glad I nibbled at this price. If it drops significantly more, I'll sell something else and nibble again. It will eventually bounce. And when it does, it will go up with the same force that it has fallen. GLTA. Enjoy the weekend. Hoping for a better week next week!
I'm no expert -- but I don't see this stock dropping too much from here. It has dropped 20% in 2 weeks. That's a giant correction in a short timeframe. All this movement on little/no bad news. I don't see it dropping much from here. Of course, I've been wrong before. Every investment involves risk and unknowns. This one, however, is a good company, has a good product, and is offered at a serious bargain!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
And, we've found the bottom! Time to buy!! I just averaged down my shares by jumping out of one thing and doubling up my position in HZNP. Too much growth potential at this PPS to resist.
Me too! Sadly, I went "all-in" at 15.89, thinking it was a bargain! Now, I'm stuck waiting. Oh well. Glad I'm in no hurry.
At this stage, I think ... no ... I KNOW there are more people looking for great SELLING opportunities than there are people looking for buying opportunities here.