Mike, I'd pay money to receive your posts. Really appreciate your advice! Thanks for putting it together, writing it, and posting it. Looking to buy some more shares and your advice is helpful! If I can time it right, I'm hoping to buy on a dip and let it grow. Will watch the next few days and pay attention to those support levels and drops below for buying opportunities.
With this mornings gains, I'm now a net positive and sure seems like a bright future moving forward. Glad to be with the other longs in this stock. I'm looking forward to earnings upcoming. GLTA!
So, if you had more cash on hand to purchase more shares, you would still see this week as a good buying opportunity, barring any bad news or market meltdown, etc.? Obviously, 13.82 isn't as good an entry point as 12.50, but still, it's better than my current average price per share (which is 14.53). I'm debating whether or not to take profits from another investment and dump a little more into HZNP, as the growth potential from these prices seems more likely than the somewhat safer dividend stocks where I could take some profits and be a bit more aggressive. Tricky trying to calculate risk/reward/wisdom. Thanks for the advice!!
Thanks. I bought in a few weeks ago and while still slightly down, am very happy to own shares and expect to do well in the upcoming months. And, I too trust in the ONE whom you reference as the Perfect One who was crucified. Thankfully, He didn't remain dead, but was raised!
Compared to the last two weeks, the last few hours have been "boring." I like it. Things are sitting pretty for next week, assuming we hold yesterday's gains today. Looking for another good entry point for doubling up my position. Come on momentary weakness, then another jump!!!
Smart move sitting tight! Hope the rest of the month continues the trend in the same direction. Well done getting in at 12.51 PPS!! I think you're gonna be sitting real nice in a few months!!! Good luck Mike! I really have appreciated your posts the last few weeks. Should have followed your advice more than I did!
You may be right. BUT, things don't normally go straight down either, and, well, in the last 2 weeks, HZNP has fallen like a rock! That being the case, it may rise like a beast! I'm still in the red from 2 medium blocks of purchases from the past 2 weeks. I'm honestly happy either way. I can find somewhere else for my sidelined dry-powder, if not in HZNP. When I think about the upcoming 3-6 months, these prices are a crazy steal, IMHO!
Well, a great day for HZNP. Hope this post doesn't jinx it! Perhaps I should have pulled the trigger with Mike earlier today. I have a little dry-powder left for any weakness in the next few days. By end of next week, I plan to be "all-in." Congrats to the longs for hanging in there!
If so, I'll buy more at the bottom. If not, I'm glad I have skin in the game already. Either way, the LT prospects are really good here. My hunch is that we've seen bottom already and will begin a gradual ascent until reaching new highs in the next few months. What do I know though. I bought some 2 weeks ago and again last week. Thus far, I've taken a beating and am way down in the dark red. I will continue watching closely and possibly buy more on any weakness. I'm looking to add about 500 more shares to my position. Anything at, around, or under 12 would be a surprise. GLTA!
You could sell now for a profit of over 1K, in less than an hour. Not a bad days work. Of course, you could hold and make a lot more in the next few weeks/months/years. GL!!
Yay! Glad you're back in Mike! I think you're in at a very good price. But then, I bought chunks the last two weeks and thought I was "in for a steal" of a price. GL!!
That would indeed be a good sign of sector stabilization! IMHO, biotech is plenty beat up which now creates a (still risky) buying opportunity. It may drop a little lower still. Nothing profound here -- but at some point, it will hit bottom. I personally started taking small bites a few weeks ago and (as it turns out) I jumped in too early. I took another bite last week and again, this buy has proven to be too early. I'll likely try again possibly later this week, or next. I'm a little more skeptical as I'm down on average a little over 10% at this point. Not too worried though since there's lots of room to move up and I'm in no hurry. I personally like the "small bites" approach as it risks something with potential reward but leaves opportunity for buying lower if it drops. GLTA!
At open, looks like there are more buyers than sellers. Up about 4% in 5 minutes. As things go though, we'll see how trading works itself out through the day. If it's anything like the last few weeks, PPS will move around within a 10% range all day. Big ups, then big downs, then bounces back to the middle. Hard to stomach. Trading these days certainly not for the faint-of-heart.
Wow. I'm getting nauseous from all the movement today (and yesterday, and...well, you get the point). Ready for things to calm down, settle in. If it begins stabilizing, I'm planning to double my current position and lower my PPS. Will wait till at least Thursday before I decide whether or not to pull the trigger. Any advice?
Nice bounce back this afternoon. Glad I walked away at down 8% and came back to the computer at down only 1.44% Still not "in the green" but much better than earlier. Sure is moving around a lot each day. As I'm newer to this stock, is it pretty "normal" to swing 10% on any given day?!?!?
Well, I'm young, not looking for a quick pop. I have a very high risk tolerance, which is how/why I'm in this sector. I am down about 20% which is concerning. My average PPS is mid 14's -- but if the bleeding stops soon, I assume it will rise with similar steepness as its fall. As far as I can tell, HZNP is a good company with a good product and good management. Obviously, I wish I'd waited a few weeks to jump into HZNP. At this point, just trying to protect initial asset and put it (today) where it has the best opportunity to make something for 30 years from now. At this point, I'm likely to just leave it where it is and look away for a while.
I can't seem to find any new news that is causing an over 8% drop again today. Other than sector-wide and market wide selling. Is there news I'm not aware of specific to HZNP? I own enough shares to be concerned and am down considerably from where I purchased already. Wondering if I should sell and get back in at a lower PPS. Anyone own a magic wand?