I don't think partner is in the picture yet. Actually it was decided when the PR indicated that Joe Z would not get any bonus for "new" FDA milestone.
There were hints that AMRN won't fight with FDA, and instead set the "new" goal for favorable label. thus AMRN will focus on sales and it is possible they will stop reduce-it trial in the near future.
I think it is a good news, Because:
The 12/20 FDA rejection is a known fact, so it won't be the cause of the CEO step down, and the prescription number is not so bad for he to step down either. So the CEO's step down more likely opens the door for being bought by someone who was #$%$ off but him.
Well, It is exciting because:
1. The immediate downturn has been stopped.
2. The company's plan sounds reasonable, and now it all depends on execution.
3. There are still some hopes in the future (i.e. the revenue number, slim chance of FDA overturn, etc.) and the market is all about expectations and hopes.
Yes, they have to pay back about $150M in three years for those $100M loan. then they chose to do secondary for another $120 instead get any partnership for one year.
How can you think that they can get partnership quickly now?
The problem is that, with the current management, Amarin failed to get buyout, instead chose $100M loan with 50% interest in three years; Amarin failed to get any partnership with reduce-it solo; AMRN did not have any plan of labeling and FDA negotiation after three weeks of Aadcom. Are you still hope something good come out from the current management?
I am not sure though. The dump is still going on, the CC won't be encouraging either. better wait after CC.
Normally the stock price will recover after three or four month after FDA rejection.
Currently just someone want to get out and there is no buyer want to get in....
Dumping continues, no meaningful buyers. I don't know who is selling right now, however, look like he has not finished yet....
No way. FDA won't schedule meeting that early.
As I recall, the FDA said the following: the conditional approval is not of question becasue the SPA in place. now they removed the SPA, amybe AMRN can negociate some conditional approval? My takes i sthat FDA also want to see the Reduce-it result...
That is why some panelist suggested the off label usage. the doctor can do that based on individual analysis. the FDA just don't want provide the affirmative protocol.
Firstly, insulin is not approved to "treat" diabetes, it is approved to prevent the consequence of high blood sugar level, which is the root cause of those consequence.
High triglyceride level(200 mg/dl to 500 mg/dl) really causes any problems? that is the key question of this AdCom. Those panelist provided the answer, and the trial Reduce-it will try to give the answer.
this study has no value as those panelists pointed out: We know the high blood triglycerides is somehow related to high risk of stroke, however we don't know the high blood triglycerides is the cause or just a symptom. the treatment of symptom may have nothing to do with the real cause, thus not effective at all.
Don't be fooled by the management. Their $80M burn rate has factored the Vascepa's $100M revenue. You can check their CC next week.
It may sound ironic, but I do think some big pharma would like to pay $4 per share if AMRN stop Reduce-it.