Kind of irrelevant to someone buying now. I'm just focused on what I can gain from $3.21. So far it's not much! But I believe Parsons has no choice but to rule more favorably to SIGA this time, and if not we go back to the more reasonable SC. JMO
That I agree with. I'm in at $3.21 and purely for the bet that Parsons/SC come back with a more favorable ruling than 50/50. if that happens it's a short term win for SIGA, along with catalysts like the first BARDA milestone payment. Looking for $4 which would be a nice 25% gain for a year's work. We'll have to see what JP comes back with, and if SIGA or PIP appeals it again.
Either way I think it's headed back to the SC, which means PIP gets to wait another year before anything happens, while SIGA continues to deliver on their contract. PIP will likely have to dilute again to make it through the next ruling and appeal. Hopefully Parsons comes up with a more reasonable decision this time, but who knows?
I like this quote better from the SC (you know, the court that sent this back to Parsons):
"Isn't there a heads I win, tails you lose aspect to a claim for a breach of the duty to negotiate in good faith and by that I mean if any relief at all is granted whether it's reliance damages or expectation damages that necessarily presupposes that the negotiations would have concluded with some agreement and that speculative by its very nature because that's unknowable- So that's the heads I win - the tails you lose is that if full effect is given to that argument then no relief is granted and which case why recognize a claim for breach of the duty to negotiate in good faith at all and yet we have that?"
Either the SC will have the final word, and thank god they have a more realistic outlook than Parsons, who is clearly taking this personally.
Should be 4-6 weeks out now from this huge milestone. Would be a great time for BARDA to announce an RFP for the remaining doses they need. The best part is with such a short shelf life SIGA could be producing millions of replacement courses for years.
That explains why PIP is taking off...... not. Try again....
Parsons doesn't want to be overturned again from the SC, so he'll come up with something more reasonable. Whatever he rules should be an improvement over the 50/50 IMO
golong, how long should it take for Parsons to update both parties on the ruling?
they aren't going to sell anything else until the case is resolved IMO. Then you could see action once the lawsuit overhang is gone for good.
That was my thinking Siana, and why I have a position averaged in at $3.21. It feels like the SP already has the worst case baked in, and that any kind of more favorable ruling would result in a decent pop.
I was hoping today would confirm a reversal but after a tight range it closed weak. Fridays are always tough on stocks like this though.
Good luck to you and here's hoping Parsons comes back with a reasonable idea.
Not sure if that meeting ever took place on Wednesday. It was just a rumor from an SA article. One guy posted an example of a case that took 8.5 months for a revised ruling after the appeal, and that was for $22,000! Not a lot of info coming out of the companies, or the court.
If SIGA can fight back to green today it would be very positive after the rough start in the morning. Three green days would seem to confirm a bottom has formed for this channel. JMO
Check it out if you're interested. Can't post the link though.
Would need to close above $2.95 to confirm IMO. Let's do it!
Supposedily an update should be made public a few days after the meeting, so I guess we'll see. Again, this is just from a comment board so could be BS, but if anyone on the board knows more please share.
Check it out from the main SIGA summary page on Yahoo. I hope this guy has it right.
Well we finished green but the close was admittedly weak. So unknown if a reversal is in play, but nice not to see red! if we had finished above $2.88 I'd be more confident from a TA perspective that we're headed back up, but hopefully tomorrow is another positive trading day and we inch back closer to $3. Would sure be nice to form a bottom and climb.
If you say so, I haven't seen anything from him except for woe is me and poor jokes. He's like Drod's polar opposite.
If you knew it was going down several months ago then why did you keep the stock? You're either a fool or a liar. Probably both. Oh I forgot, you don't like people telling you to sell SIGA, only you have permission to do that. I see why other posters mention you as an ongoing joke. You are in the same boat as pathetic amln and crazy evenu2. blah blah blah....
No I'd rather listen to a stooge who continues to hold stock in a company he hates. Good call. Obviously your advice is worth a lot more.