There is something very wrong here. The SP just continues to drop, no responses from management. What are holders expected to do?To think?
Me either, it could still go either way but this is a good sign...even just one bit of associated good news would light it off...not for the weak minded for sure
toomuch...I have been among the tribe here for a while and struggle to establish a timeline for AMBS. Immedeate would be excellent but GC uses terms like, soon, compelling, near future. Not being critical, just curious. I think ESS is worthwhile but when? Your thoughts on when?TIA.
If a buyout then to price will be known. Rumors may drive price a lot before any offical PR. It's the best...SP will trade in the direction of the offered price, often very, very steep curve...mins-hrs...it's a beautiful thing. I have been in two bought at 12 ONXX...sold at 131. I sold befoere the final deal closed and was lucky to pick the top price...buyers dry up as the target gets closer. Do not know what happens if you just wait it out, I assume you get the new price when the deal closes.
Lord of...I tend to agree with you on this pattern, although I am often behind the curve when bio trade up/down due to shorts and hedgers driving SP with no regard to companies clinical/medical potential. They sell/drive because they can make money not because of the companies accomplishments. Of course there will be down days but I think AVXL will run based on anecdotes and tweets from patients/family members or clinicians The up/down action may become even more erratic, but the overall trend will be up until serious money gets in to stabilize. We will not have to wait until December to see if this stuff works as stated. The last thing is, the Australians take no prisoners, in my experience they are one of the few un PC countries on the planet.
This is sqeeze based on market not based on the product, the company performance or the patients. Let's hope the people doing this get their axxes kicked big time.
We must manage the fine line between hype and enthusiasm. For me, when a patient (seems credibly reported) who has been effectively dieing for a couple of years says he feels better after a few treatments that is very good information. If it is true and not a hoax (BTW, that is all we have to decide at this point) we may be witnessing a breakthrough. Now of course this assumes we are not being lied to. Assuming no lies, it is up to each investor to get through this on their own. I for one am cautiously enthusiastic.
investor, of course you raise legitmate points on the size and details of this study. Not sure how placebo factors for a patient who describes his new life, Normally we rely on the clinicians to pick through the entrails and to fill us in. AD can only be verifed by autopsy. I do prefer a patient's report but do agree we have a long way to go. Not sure what a medical breakthrough looks like or how one could be measured by the FDA either.
Think about how many $$$billions have been spent by the biggest and best PHARMA's on the planet and that they would kill to get the kind of results posted by AVXL. Then ask yourself, should you buy at 0.78 0r 0.85?????HUH? If this information is real you got to be kidding. I predict it will be unstable for the first hour of trading...after that stand back.
fca...very, very helpful and insghtful information. At a time like this when no one really knows for certain what the outcome here will be this is the kind of data that helps one focus. Excellent work.
This drug and the knowledge it presents (if effective) is PRICELESS in it's potential. Any financial / marketing model based on historical experience/information is a meaningless exercise. The value to patients who are literally losing their life cannot be calculated and converted into selling price. Your better question might be, "What is the value of a human life". Think past AD.
"Stock trades at only 65 cents a pop. Target market is multi billion dollar, and everyone is interested in getting in on the game. Theoretically, Anavex is one of the most promising drugs, targeting the hypothesized root cause of all amylo-degenerative diseases, including AD. If they can take the drug just through a phase 2, which isn't unlikely since they did so well with phase 2a, they will be bought off for more than a billion dollars. The only hurdle - apart from the medical aspect, which I think is promising - is the patent. That is a non-issue as long as Dr Vamvakides asks for a reasonable amount of money, or the issue is otherwise resolved. Bottomline, there is a lot of promise and I am buying as much as I can. I will sell a bunch on the recent spike to recover costs, but hold the bulk for the long haul.