I agree. The trial has very tight rules. How much discretionary authority is there to act when cases like this present themselves? For example, this soldier may be outside the age window.
Pros, do you know of any interim (between now and the end of Sept.) conferences or media events which might be used to relay new AVXL information? AVXL has other indications. Surely, considering your post, interest and pressure will build for new/more information. Any planned events which might help to mitigate a boom-bust scenario?
wild...all the best. Your comment below presents the fundamental logic that has me positive on AVXL. Unless the results recently presented in DC are a complete fabrication(unlikely given the conference/DD and peer review). Although we are only just beginning to see this treatments efficacy, nothing even close to these results have ever been published. And, although a false positve comment from patients and caregivers is possible, who better than the pateint to describe results? All other AD trials can only measure efficacy by autopsy, Which seems almost midevil by contrast. Cannot wait until next results are available, hope we have some kind of interim publication.
"An advantage of A2-73 is that the P300 test that showed a 400% improvement over donepezil, which is the official "Standard of Care" for Alzheimer's. Donepezil was proven long ago to be better than placebo, so if A2-73 is better than donepezil, it has to be better than placebo... *if* the p2a interim report results are confirmed in the full p2a and subsequent p2 results."
Timing of buyout could surprise us all. The big P have been dumping billions into AD for years. If there is a hint of P2 repeat results(even though (n ) is small)they have to act fast or lose the whole game. Massive spend and time has produced ZERO up till now. If this is real then caution will not be on the agenda. BP Effort will be huge and immediate, IMO.
There is something very wrong here. The SP just continues to drop, no responses from management. What are holders expected to do?To think?
Me either, it could still go either way but this is a good sign...even just one bit of associated good news would light it off...not for the weak minded for sure
toomuch...I have been among the tribe here for a while and struggle to establish a timeline for AMBS. Immedeate would be excellent but GC uses terms like, soon, compelling, near future. Not being critical, just curious. I think ESS is worthwhile but when? Your thoughts on when?TIA.
If a buyout then to price will be known. Rumors may drive price a lot before any offical PR. It's the best...SP will trade in the direction of the offered price, often very, very steep curve...mins-hrs...it's a beautiful thing. I have been in two bought at 12 ONXX...sold at 131. I sold befoere the final deal closed and was lucky to pick the top price...buyers dry up as the target gets closer. Do not know what happens if you just wait it out, I assume you get the new price when the deal closes.
Lord of...I tend to agree with you on this pattern, although I am often behind the curve when bio trade up/down due to shorts and hedgers driving SP with no regard to companies clinical/medical potential. They sell/drive because they can make money not because of the companies accomplishments. Of course there will be down days but I think AVXL will run based on anecdotes and tweets from patients/family members or clinicians The up/down action may become even more erratic, but the overall trend will be up until serious money gets in to stabilize. We will not have to wait until December to see if this stuff works as stated. The last thing is, the Australians take no prisoners, in my experience they are one of the few un PC countries on the planet.
This is sqeeze based on market not based on the product, the company performance or the patients. Let's hope the people doing this get their axxes kicked big time.