most brokerages these days allow you to choose which lots you sell if you've made multiple purchases over time. default is FIFO, selling your oldest first. however you do not have to do it that way. if you bought more shares now, you could sell those first, or choose to sell the $1.40 shares to have them treated as long-term capital gains while not taking the loss on the $12 shares...I believe you might sell also be able to sell the right combination of the $1.40s and $12s to net to a $0 gain. you should contact your broker to check, or create a mock sell order and see if it provides the option for you to choose which lot (or shares within the lot) you want to sell.
Over the years, what you've proven is simply that you are out of sync with the company and how the shares trade. All the while, there was/is money to be made. I am giving it to you, as I did last year at this time.
You look too deeply and try to see things which aren't there or think you understand what is taking place. Maybe you do, who knows? What I know is that you want to be acquiring/owning the shares now as they will go higher very soon. Maybe they don't take off and go back to the $10 you paid - but they will go back to something between $2.50 to $3.00 and that's a nice 50% profit for holding just a few months at most.
Shares are preparing to launch to the $2.50 range in the next 12 weeks just as they did last year.
We are well into December, tax selling is going on all over the place, and LTRX is holding its own.
Might the company post a small profit this quarter? Quite possibly.
If you can pick up shares below $1.90, grab them - otherwise you'll be kicking yourself very soon.
good luck with them. I can't even nibble in those...though short-term bounces are nice, and I've been taking advantage of them lately, I'll only buy stuff that I won't mind getting stuck with longer-term if it moves against me in the near-term. With SPEX for example, if it goes down I wouldn't want to be holding it...would be the garbage in my portfolio.
selling those nice buys I was able to make over the past two days - fully recovered and then some.
I'm continuing to trade opposite the market.
I suspect we'll see "Weakness Friday" again tomorrow ... at least I hope so.
anyhow, sitting on lots of cash across all accounts, being very picky what I buy - no garbage.
yes, I still own. will buy more on dips - but waiting for bigger dip...maybe $6.50. not sure if it will happen. I'm trying to be more cautious in my buys and not get caught up thinking I am catching the bottom and buying very close to my previous buy.
So I mentioned that the BYBK folks did a $7 million capital raise a couple weeks ago of straight common stock. On Monday they bought another local seized bank from the FDIC. Google for "Bay Bank Slavie"
With BVA having done their capital raise recently as well, maybe they are likewise nearing an acquisition?
stay away from GKNT for the time being - there is a "big" seller looking to get out. I sold last week when I first saw it pop up with 43,800 on the ask at $14.08. today I saw it come back again on the ask at $13.80 for 43,800 shares again.
I will nibble again, but not until that seller is gone - will push back below $13.50 again.