"I sold out of smaller positions in my other dividend plays/banks late last week and will buy back on weakness (looks like it began today) - AROW, CZNC, GIFI, PFS. The banks usually hit their lows in July/August so I'll only nibble getting back in until then."
Began easing back in to PFS and CZNC - very nice.
Nibbled at DAKT earlier.
well, I provided a detailed/lengthy reply but Y! removed it - likely because I used some words describing BODY's retail activities that they thought was spam/advertising.
anyhow, short answer is "approach with extreme caution". I know BODY fairly well, bought last year at $10, held to $7, rode back to $11 and sold - very thankful for that now. they are still bleeding profusely and will likely need additional financing by Jan 1 and terms will be unfavorable for company and shareholders. latest quarterly filing has going concern statements and every other paragraph in it is a CYA caveat about "if our plan doesn't work ...".
I saw the hedge fund filings last week - they are playing a dangerous game.
again - use extreme caution. the entire sector is in trouble. I think BODY is the weakest of them all for multiple reasons.
"my current large positions are in BMRA, BVA, BYBK, BFDI (lots of shares, not so large dollar amount), DRAD, SPCHA/SPCHB, VIDE."
oh - and ITI as well...I am heavily loaded there and not buying more until after they announce in a couple weeks.
thanks, will keep them in mind.
my current large positions are in BMRA, BVA, BYBK, BFDI (lots of shares, not so large dollar amount), DRAD, SPCHA/SPCHB, VIDE.
SPCHA/SPCHB has been a bit volatile past couple weeks - I think everyone is waiting on earnings. As end of each week comes, people sell thinking they will announce after close on Friday, then they don't and next week people are buying again. They have to announce soon. I'm not buying anymore (though I did pick up some As on the dip today) - will wait for the announcement and then buy on any weakness.
I also will acquire more DRAD on weakness below $3.30 as well as BYBK in $4.80s.
I sold out of smaller positions in my other dividend plays/banks late last week and will buy back on weakness (looks like it began today) - AROW, CZNC, GIFI, PFS. The banks usually hit their lows in July/August so I'll only nibble getting back in until then.
Sold my CLFD too early - which always happens.
I'm probably overtrading on my smaller positions...I'm feeling a little like you did at the beginning of the year - feeling like we're approaching a top and due for a correction. I don't think I'm as pessimistic as you were at the time, but still concerned at this point.
sorry, I was mistaken since the last time I looked at the form on the site. the options for this scenario are:
General trading practices or pricing issues
Manipulation of a security
it may be the market maker himself - selling 100 shares to himself at the close specifically so it closes down and prints that price at the close...making it look like the shares closed down even though they may have been higher all day and nowhere near the closing price on the prior trade.
the SEC specifically considers this price manipulation and it is illegal.
you can find the text which discusses this on the SEC website and when you submit the online complaint form, there is an option to select "unusual trading".
great job on ACHN - I just do not have the stomach for them.
been selling into strength today. still holding BMRA - upward pressure is building... $0.99 x $1.00 - people keep selling at $1.00. eventually it will run out and bust higher.
being very cautious on what I'm buying.
good luck with them. I can't even nibble in those...though short-term bounces are nice, and I've been taking advantage of them lately, I'll only buy stuff that I won't mind getting stuck with longer-term if it moves against me in the near-term. With SPEX for example, if it goes down I wouldn't want to be holding it...would be the garbage in my portfolio.