was able to push MM around a little on ULBI and get some more just before the close today. he is playing games - even selling 100 shares right after my buy with less than a minute to go just to knock it down a couple more cents to show a lower close.
new position CLFD
added to ESIO
new GV (Eberwein)
added to PFS
added to AROW
added to ULBI (want more lower)
waiting for sub-$12 for more GKNT
Good risk/reward at this level.
Will nibble some more if market wants to take it lower.
Insider buying and option exercises (while continuing to hold the shares) is of higher value to me than where the market sends the shares day to day.
not liking what I'm seeing broadly.
staying on the sidelines for the most part (with my 70% cash), keeping an eye on my watch list, and buying/repurchasing when they are below where I'd be happy to own them...but going to be less active. going to take advantage of special situations if/when they arise - bought RIVR last week on quick/expected dip due to secondary offering...already in the black and will hold for easy 25% to 40% by year end.
time to do some yardwork and take a break from the market.
I have absolutely no relationship to the company or any of the board members. I simply understand what is going on, what Swenson/Cabillot are doing, what the company is doing, and am a happy shareholder. I'm sorry if things are not going the way you'd like, but what are you going to do?
I saw what was developing here as it began to take place. I've owned/traded the shares successfully over the last year, and will be very successful going forward as well.
if you purchased your allocation, then you are ahead because you increased your ownership in the company at the expense of those who did not take their shares, and obviously $1.90 vs. $2.15 - you are up over 10%.
there was no scheme...all shareholders were given the option to get additional shares. whether or not Swenson went through with taking the unexercised shares, you would not have been diluted if you purchased your shares - worst case, your ownership remains the same.
I'm sorry you feel the need to look at the glass as half empty with everything related to this company. apparently, like sawmade, you originally purchased at a much higher share price, and I might feel the same if I were in your position. if I were you (and obviously I'm not, thankfully) I'd make lemonade out of the lemons - pick up more shares below $2.10 and average down while you can - they will be trading much higher by year end.
don't be jealous/envious of me - it's not worth it. enjoy the long weekend - you need to de-stress.
Thanks...not a big win, but good enough considering number of shares, time held and the wild volatility lately. I sold all earlier today sacrificing a penny or two to get my money now and not be concerned with the possibility that they lower the tender to $1.04/share or the deal somehow sours. Family owners are handing over all their shares for 75 cents/share, so I really don't understand the logic. Seems to me that acquirer is getting an incredible deal. Management must have gotten good assurances that they'll keep their jobs and compensation packages to get their support.