IG has a reputation of having 5% declines or more that seem to come out of the blue. I wouldn't mind one so I can add to my position. But IG seems more like it wants to take out its summer highs than to follow the market lower here. We shall see but must say, it's resilience is impressive.
I would think for IG to get back under $7 again it would have to be something company specific - that or a 20%+ decline in the overall averages. I just hope the pumpers stay away from IG. I prefer stocks that fly under the radar screen. The boards that are full of pumpers are the stocks I tend to shy away from. Maybe I am naive, but sometime in the future hoping for a buyout of IG.
At least so far, impressive action today in IG vs the rest of the market. I had to go back in, didn't get 7.90 but got 7.97. My worry is a real bad bear market takes the good with the bad. Willing to sit on this small position to the 7.00 area if needed.
I didn't wait for 7.74. My mistake if it never gets back there. Another bloody day and hasn't been a time to be in any small cap biotech lately.
Yes! But with a stop at 7.74. If this is the beginning of a bear market they take the good with the bad regardless of earnings and revenue growth. It has been real bloody in the small and mid cap biotech sector this week.
Looking for another drop this month? You mean because of the decrease in the shorts or simply profit taking? IG has a nasty habit of having 5% to 6% and more daily declines that come out of the blue. I have been waiting for another one to add to my position but this time around even on terrible market days the stock has been holding like a rock. I've seen this gap up pattern many times in the past where a stock gaps up like IG and then just hangs there for a period of time with virtually no give back whatsoever. And then it moves even higher shortly thereafter.
Please read my post! Anything can happen earnings day - up 10% or down 10%. Being long I am hoping up 10%. And to the guy hoping the price drops so he can buy, the stock is already down almost 10% from last week's high.
You may get that opportunity next week. Unless earnings/revenues (and even more positive forward guidance) are an absolute blowout this thing is set up for some major disappointment with such high expectations built into the stock price. You could see 10% up or down depending on next week's call. Being long I obviously am hoping for up. But I am not one of these longs with my head in the ground and think there can't be bumps along the way to higher prices. I also have an exit strategy just in case.....
New poster not familiar with HZNP. I agree about a future buyout but your premium is far, far too low. As another poster intimated, an insult.
This is a redo. Take a gander at biotech AMAG. Huge growth in both earnings and revenues both real and projected going forward. Their shareholders would kill for anywhere close to a 30 P/E. My point is don't get too fixated on a 30 P/E and especially if the overall market goes into a serious bear market. They usually take the good with the bad. Hopefully, if there is a bear market HZNP will be a survivor and continue its ascent and confound the bears.
Thanks geringerart. Large cap Biogen down almost 20% today. I really believe these large guys are going to have some serious growth and revenue issues going forward unless they get more acquisition minded. AMAG and HZNP are about as good as it gets in small cap biotech so hopefully they make offers that can't be refused.
Maybe some of the more informed here can set me straight on what I am missing here. But sometime in the next 12 to 18 months (if not sooner) I see HZNP being gobbled up by a big pharma/biotech company. Too many reasons to list here but one is that some of the larger players (GILD comes to mind) are looking at some serious slowdowns in growth and revenues a year or two out. I would think going after smaller rapid growing biotech companies such as HZNP would be just what the doctor ordered.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I just hope there are no snags and DEPO is taken into the fold. And then imagine the other companies Horizon will buy along the way.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I love HZNP as much as anyone. But I would stay as far away from options as possible. If we get any kind of severe selloff in the overall market or even a long overdue bear market, HZNP will not be immune, regardless of all their positive catalysts.