I already own it. I will buy more or sell all whenever I feel like it.
You are a total arrogant dufus who knows absolutely nothing about my doubts- if any.
What ever you do NOT WANT about my actions buying or selling "your" thinly traded stock, you have absolutely no control over what I do.
If you have doubts about it being thinly traded, maybe you should sell yours. You certainly will not be missed.
But to make sure I do not have to read your comments again, I will use the Iggy button.
I read this in 12/13 print issue of Kiplinger's Personal Finance, page 34, as follows:
"If Congress does not renew a tax break that's set to expire this year, the company's income-tax bill could skyrocket from $20 million in 2013 to between $200 million and $250 million next year. If that were to happen, the current quarterly payout of 25 cents per share would be in jeopardy."
I read that WIN needs Congress to extend a tax break before yearend. Congress is not doing much of anything right now.
If tax break not extended, WIN will owe so much tax that dividend could be at risk and share price could drop.
Does anyone know if this was resolved?
Reason I am asking: I would like to buy WIN, but not until tax issue is resolved.
The China problem has been in Chengshan. I read an SA article by Bram de Haas.
He said (in comments) that CTB has another location in China at Kunshen that has continued producing for CTB without problems.
Possibly they could shift all China production to that location?
Are you saying ("white collar") that the losses are executive corruption?
I think CTB has to provide financials. But no merger requirement that Apollo approves numbers or even that they be complete. CTB could provide estimate on China or only through last quarter of complete numbers and just state current quarter for China N/A.
On USW, I believe CTB got tentative labor deal, but should make it apply to any other future merger offer. They could finalize that to get other judge to release condition. Again merger agreement does not say Apollo has to approve agreement.
In the end, I think Apollo wants out of deal without penalty and CTB may have to accept that and just move on.
CTB was not doing bad before merger and may likely get another more viable offer over $30, so why sell.
In CA, you do NOT just have to know oil properties. You also must understand CA politics which includes a very powerful and extremist environmental movement against any oil development: uphill battle by oil companies dealing with leftist political monopoly.
I understand IAG said they will re-consider dividend: to cut or eliminate.
CEO Letwin should resign.
What a loser.
Letwin really sunk IAG to where it stunk.
Yes, I held. I am stuck in it until price recovers some. I also want to see how the dividend is classified for tax at yearend. I am still voting NO on the deal, but certain it will pass.
But I will hold at least a couple of quarters to see how they do. I would really like Linn management to prove to me that I am wrong. But I doubt it. I wish I had never heard of Linn. I just do not consider LNCO to be a long term hold in my portfolio even if I end up holding 2 years, as I will consider selling every quarter depending on how LNCO performs.
Increased dividends from what? 34+% more dilution in this deal. Ability to raise dividend falling from 40 cents at 1.25 to 16 cents at 1.68. The original "promise" to raise dividend at 1.25 is now gone at 1.68. Probably no dividend increase at all. Current LNCO shareholders got screwed by this deal.
Could be that smart investors (not weak) are leaving.
How do they afford to raise distribution with all the added dilution from 1.25 to 1.68?
The original promise to raise when deal was 1.25 is now gone. Their ability to rasie went from 40 cents to 16 cents. That is so close, I doubt you see any increase at all.
You nailed it. This deal looks like desperation by Linn. What does management know that they are not telling? Does Linn's future look worse than we think? I supported Linn through all the attacks. Because of Linn's willingness to over pay so much, I am beginning to think that maybe some of the criticisms of the attackers may have been valid. That is why market does not like this deal. Generally, I do not like GS ratings, but they made the point in their downgrade that now LNCO has to prove to market every quarter going forward that they can cover distribution to substantiate this was a good deal.
(Seeking Alpha author Seeking Profits wrote good one page article that I agree with.)
I stuck with Line through attacks by Barrons, Hedgeye, Seeking Alpha, but now I am losing confidence in Line Management.
This looks like desperation to make BRY deal.
BRY is over priced in market due to this deal. Now Line dilutes shareholders to over pay.
From 1.25 to 1.68 is a 34%+ increase.
I thought 1.50 would be too high. The only reason Line is offerring 1.68 is because they are giving in to whatever (1.68) BRY demands.
PLEASE VOTE AGAINST THIS DEAL AND KILL IT.
Show Line management some common sense.
LNCO should wait. If BRY price drops enough, LNCO could make a new offer.
Will another company buy BRY?
Do they want to risk an attack by Hedgeye that drives down their share price and brings in the SEC?
BRY may be toxic for other suitors.
You TRUDY, using Seeking Alpha, which has repeatedly trashed LNCO unfairly and inaccurately, as your best source shows your obvious agenda.
Why would any LNCO investor listen to Seeking Alpha or you?
I am less concerned after LINE did smaller Permian deal. They can just continue making smaller acquisitions and forget about BRY. I owned some BRY for arbitrage. But glad I sold BRY and bought more LNCO cheaper