Yes, the GWB and Obama administrations use the same formula for determining unemployment.
However, let's not forget that the GWB administration doctored the unemployment formula to include military personnel as employed, thereby making their numbers seem less horrible compared with Clinton-Gore and other administrations that actually cared about workers who lost their jobs because of outrageously shortsighted Republikan policies.
Measles is still a deadly illness for many groups including infants and persons with compromised immune systems. The only way to protect the health of these vulnerable groups is to vaccinate as many children as possible, preferably before they enter schools.
Mississippi has the highest vaccination rate for school-age children and the lowest incidence of measles. Last year, 99.7 percent of the state’s kindergartners were fully vaccinated. Just 140 students in Mississippi entered school without all of their required shots.
Is that a quote from Chris Christie or Joanie Ernst?
Mississippi has the highest vaccination rate for school-age children. It’s not even close. Last year, 99.7 percent of the state’s kindergartners were fully vaccinated. Just 140 students in Mississippi entered school without all of their required shots.
Compare that with California, epicenter of the ongoing Disney measles outbreak, where last year almost 8 percent of kindergartners — totaling 41,000 children — failed to get the required immunizations against mumps, measles and rubella.
Compare also with New Jersey - with the most arrogant and outrageously ambivalent Governor of any state.
The Republican health care plan is a visit to the Emergency Room.
Makes no sense just like the rest of their religious dogma.
A Conservative is a man who moves with the times, but only when the times are standing still.
A Conservative is a man whose mind is always open to new ideas, provided they are the same as the old ones.
Some things Republicans need to understand:
1. The United States is not a Christian nation, and the Bible is not the cornerstone of our law.
2. The Pledge of Allegiance was written by a socialist.
3. The first president to propose national health insurance was a Republican.
4. Ronald Reagan once signed a bill legalizing abortion
5. Reagan raised federal taxes eleven times
6. Roe v. Wade was a bipartisan ruling made by a predominantly Republican-appointed Supreme Court.
7. The Federal Reserve System was a Republican invention.
8. The Environmental Protection Agency was, too.
9. Obama has increased government spending less than any president in at least a generation.
10. President Obama was not only born in the United States, his roots run deeper in American history than most people know.
23 things poor people must worry about, but the rest of us would never even consider:
1. Staying in an extended stay housing, a motel, or a hotel (and paying the higher rate) because you can’t qualify to get an apartment because you don’t have proof of income.
2. Digging through the trash to find uneaten food.
3. Scavenging the ground for change to buy a meal.
4. Searching everywhere for coupons to make necessities affordable.
5. Stealing products like toilet paper from public restrooms so you can actually have them at home.
6. Selling plasma in order to afford groceries or pay rent.
7. Buying clothes on layaway.
8. Driving on tires so bald they could cause an accident at any moment.
9. Pulling your own tooth rather than pay for a dental visit.
10. Doing laundry in the sink with dish soap.
11. Buying antibiotics and other medicines meant for animals because you couldn’t afford the pharmacy.
12. Learning when things like meat, fish and bread get marked down in price because they are going to spoil soon, so they are reduced for quicker sale.
13. Living in pain because you can’t afford prescriptions.
14. Paying hundreds of extra dollars to obtain furniture through rent-to-own stores.
15. Buying cheap plastic toys at the dollar store so your children have birthday presents.
16. Stretching peanut butter or other staples by diluting them.
17. Washing and re-using plastic spoons, forks, knives and storage bags.
18. Visiting a store or public building to get a few minutes of air conditioning in the summer or heat in the winter.
19. Enduring the seemingly never-ending cycle of payday loans with exhorbitant interest rates that are hard to repay.
20. Dropping out of school to help your family pay the bills.
21. Using candles to keep electricity bills low.
22. Splitting two-ply toilet paper to make two rolls.
23. Buying lottery tickets to have some hope of a better future.
Conservatives used to be people who favored balanced budgets, conservation of natural resources, and a cautious approach to foreign relations. But not any more. Present day Republicans are radicals bent upon favoring their rich campaign contributors with goodies, Drill Baby Drill, and wars in the Middle East. It's no fun having these parasites ruling us.
Over $460K in federal subsidies for Joni Ernst's family!
Farmers should raise corn on their own dime, not the taxpayers'. Corn production is very profitable nowadays.
Not that facts matter to Dr. Stone. The doofus has been posting same outdated stuff on this board for over a year. Yahoo should ban him and his other names!
Can you tell me one idea she advocated that will make life better for all Americans?
Not a chance - make the cheaters forfeit a first round draft choice and hope they lose in the Super Bowl.
Here's a short list of ideas the Republicans were unable to applaud at last night's SOTU:
* An improving economy
* A soaring stock market
* Americans getting health insurance
* Mention of "solar power"
* Tax cuts for working families
* Affordable childcare
* Tax cuts for families with children
* Equal pay for women
" "America has put more people back to work than Europe, Japan, and all advanced economies combined."
* A "free and open internet"
* Rewarding companies that "invest in America"
* "Working Americans"
* A resolution for the use of the force against ISIL
"Trying something new" with Cuba
* Acknowledging that climate change exists
* Prohibiting Torture
* Not persecuting "people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender."
* Closing Gitmo
* Making "voting easier for every single American"
Why are these programs only controversial when Democrats propose them?