Sat, Apr 19, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

BB&T Corporation Message Board

nowwheretogo22004 20 posts  |  Last Activity: Jan 29, 2014 9:20 AM Member since: Jul 8, 2004
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 29, 2014 9:20 AM Flag

    It's just the pricing, but I have to assume that they are adding another million shares to the mix that they feel pretty confident about $19 a share. Not they will have a nice long runway of cash to get them where they need to go. Since they won't have to go back to the market, they can get full valuation for any successes. I'm definitely a buyer, but at below the $19, which I may not get. Sometimes people dump their shares after the completion of a secondary. Not sure why, since they are now better off. I just don't want to reach on this. My congratulations to PETX on this secondary offering.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 28, 2014 9:40 AM Flag

    ...and they have to do additional safety studies. At least that's better than rejection, but they need good news now! This secondary is not going to be nice to the per share price. They need the cash to move forward, they don't have any choice.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 27, 2014 8:35 PM Flag

    That's why I was afraid of the limited trading volume that we had. Anyway, we have Phase II results coming before the end of the quarter. That's what most people are waiting for and why they are not trading a high volume of shares. It will be a whole new game at that point. I do expect that it will be a steady rise from here now that we go our 10+% correction all in one day.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 27, 2014 11:43 AM Flag

    Good luck getting it done now. It's either going to be at a very low price or even worse, not at all. They need the cash. They don't have much of a choice. If the biotech stocks keep getting pounded today, they end up doing the secondary at a really low price, which won't give them the runway they need to profitability and we'll be doing it again next year!

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 24, 2014 11:05 AM Flag

    At least it's holding it's own. So far, so good. Certainly makes it volatile though with the market under pressure.

  • Reply to

    5.5 million new shares

    by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 23, 2014 12:21 PM
    nowwheretogo22004 nowwheretogo22004 Jan 24, 2014 9:02 AM Flag

    I looked over the prospectus again this morning. This company will definitely stay on my watch list, but the current valuation seems too high. My opinion will either be validated or blown away soon, when the we see what the actual secondary offering price goes for. I just don't see enough near term revenue opportunities. Merging the two recent acquisitions is usually sloppy and expensive for the first year. Also, having to sell a million shares for an existing shareholder, puts additional pressure on the pricing of the secondary. This is all fascinating to me. They should have pulled this off a month ago, when biotech was peaking. They need $33M of the cash to pay off the acquisition and then they have to manage the remaining money well. At least that will buy them some headway to create additional value. I'm waiting for the news.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 23, 2014 12:21 PM Flag

    and the stock is up today. They will likely get the shares at $18 or $17.50. If it's more I will be pleasantly surprised. I just can't believe the stock is up today.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 15, 2014 9:26 AM Flag

    Should go straight to $7.50, which would still be UNDER the initial IPO price last year.

  • Reply to

    Yesterday's volume

    by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 14, 2014 10:46 AM
    nowwheretogo22004 nowwheretogo22004 Jan 14, 2014 5:17 PM Flag

    Another huge volume day. Take a look at the history on this. The only other time they have come close to this level of share trades over two days is when they announced the secondary offering at $4 a share! From a technical point of view, I don't see how this keeps from getting higher. Phase 2 data coming up soon with an excellent product pipeline. The upside potential outweighs the downside risk by a wide margin at this price. The initial IPO price was $8 a share and that was just a year ago. We are still a ways away from that. That secondary offering killed this stock for a while, but that's over now and they have cash in the bank as a result of that offering. Cash is a big problem for biotech's and it's not an issue here.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 14, 2014 10:46 AM Flag

    With over 600,000 shares traded yesterday, today's upward move is not a surprise. Today I would pay attention again to the volume of shares traded. If we can do over 200,000 shares, it's a meaningful move. If not, it is susceptible to going back down. This could really take off from here. Again, watch the volume even more than the price. Good luck to all longs!

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 13, 2014 10:35 AM Flag

    Sanofi, who just did a nice partnership today with Alnylam, is a good one. Glaxo, Roche, Dainippon Sumiturno Merck, and Astrazeneca. Big pharma is very interested in Asthma drugs.

    This KB001 news with Sanofi is good news too. $250M potential for KBIO per the contract.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 12, 2014 4:18 PM Flag

    OK CRQTDOC, I'll start a conversation. I have to agree that it's strangely quiet on the board. I am patiently waiting for the top line Phase II data on KB003. If this shows positive signs, this stock could move up by multiples. KaloBios wants to partner the trial with big pharma, which shouldn't be too difficult, given the potential in the asthma space. There are plenty of potential partners looking to score in this market.

    The only thing I have heard about results is "early 2014". I hope that means January or February.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jan 3, 2014 8:50 AM Flag

    Director and officer purchases. Check the SEC files.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Nov 22, 2013 8:33 AM Flag

    It was well deserved. That being said, there are some major opportunities for this to go up now in a big way. Any news of a new contract or anything on the lawsuit front could quickly double the stock at this price. I expect to see the speculators start to pile in today. I don't know what the volume would be, but if it's not over the average daily volume, then I could be wrong.

    It is important to remember that the $10M payout was $8.6M from insurance and $1.4M in stock. No cash difference. There is not really a big difference in where AMSC stands now vs. when they had their quarterly conference call. So, I am in at $1.57. Outside of knowing that I could have waited a little longer, I'm happy with it as a speculative buy.

  • Reply to

    what to expect

    by avranj982 Oct 27, 2013 12:20 AM
    nowwheretogo22004 nowwheretogo22004 Oct 29, 2013 12:22 PM Flag

    The timing of the Quarterly conference call on November 7th is perfect, as they can address the ongoing's of what happened with Judge Illston on November 6th. Although we won't get anything definitively, we should see clearly that the tables have turned and there is a good chance for Sequenom's victory. If they are victorious on the legal front, this stock will be in the twenties, two years from now.

  • Reply to

    what to expect

    by avranj982 Oct 27, 2013 12:20 AM
    nowwheretogo22004 nowwheretogo22004 Oct 27, 2013 12:06 PM Flag

    Thanks for the post. I liked the fact that you listed the reasons for optimism along with the concerns. Not cheerleading or bashing. There was a nice SeekingAlpha article this weekend justifying at the very least a short term bump should be occurring. We got slammed for being dropped from the biotech index, so it took a bad step down that had nothing to do with performance. Let's hope this good news circulates well, and we start really heading up from here. It has been a rough ride. I am really hoping for optimism on the November 6th hearing, but not sure we'll get much in either direction from it.

  • Reply to

    IF injunction not granted.... again IF

    by pdxtrader2012 Sep 11, 2013 7:01 PM
    nowwheretogo22004 nowwheretogo22004 Sep 11, 2013 7:46 PM Flag

    I think it goes down to the $2.75 for the close. It might hit $2.50 during the day. I do believe that it could go back to $3 before the next earnings announcement. So, how high does it go if they get the injunction, $4?

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Sep 7, 2013 11:54 AM Flag

    The table will be reset after the hearings in Northern California. Let's see what happens. I am feeling positive about the direction that will be set. I think it could lead to a significant improvement in the stock price.

  • Reply to

    New York State

    by somuchforyouz Aug 19, 2013 8:15 AM
    nowwheretogo22004 nowwheretogo22004 Aug 19, 2013 8:19 AM Flag

    Sounds like you are afraid of a comeback. Well, it's going to happen anyway.

  • nowwheretogo22004 by nowwheretogo22004 Jul 24, 2013 7:45 AM Flag

    Taking place at 9AM PCT. More competition is already here.

BBT
37.93-1.41(-3.58%)Apr 17 4:03 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.