JOB TITLE: Operations/Facilities Engineer
department: U.K. Operations
reports to: Director: Operations
The Operations/Facilities Engineer is responsible for monitoring, analysing and responding to the operational performance of the assets. The role will work in close liaison with subsurface, commercial and accounting personnel to recommend/implement appropriate measures to optimize performance. Over and above the operations and technical responsibilities, the role includes representing the Company at Operating and Technical Committee meetings. This role will lead the company’s efforts in interfacing with the JV partners to ensure that safety and environmental objectives are achieved, legislative compliance is maintained, and investment efficiency in the assets is maximized for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Accountable for loss analysis and mitigation plans across the Assets.
• Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the Field Operators and Partners. Establish a culture of open and effective communication and co-operation, in order to influence their activities and improve asset performance.
• Assist the Operations Director in the management of the Co-ventures by preparing for and participating in OCM’s and TCM’s.
• Assist the Operations Director in preparing annual budgets and life of field plans for producing assets and provide regular reports of actual and planned production and costs.
• Monitor and report asset performance, efficiencies and losses against budget using KPIs and scorecards and analyse and report on variances.
• Actively participate in Project teams to provide operational input into assessments, evaluations and Due diligence of 3rd party assets, operability of new field developments, peer reviews and other initiatives.
• Compile reports on filed performance for internal use and for issue to stakeholders....
More details in Co's website
See Instablog about ATEA on SeekingAlpha.
1) Announced a very large on-premise contract this quarter - This usually means several million dollars up front.
2) Signed a large cloud contract and many smaller cloud Field Service software licenses during the quarter
3) New bank loan covenants require minimum profitability for the remaining 3 quarters of 2014 starting with 2Q 2014 to be announced AH today
4) Major acquisition candidate because of heavy sector consolidation. Purchase price could range from $8 to $20/share to match the last 4 companies acquired in the sector (ViriaNet - VRYAF being the latest in June 2014) .
Do your DD before you see yourself chasing this super 1.4 million share low floater trading at 20% of sector averages.
How do you find the instablog? Do you have a link? TIA
Last night SA article on DSS says DSS could double/triple within a month - Lawsuits against FB, LNKD, AAPL, Samsung, and many others; Already won against Broadvision, JIVE software, Novell....getting royalties.
I used to own this one and made some money a few year ago. I can't believe it's so undervalued. Thank you for reminding me of it
New Seeking Alpha article (go to SUTR Yahoo Finance site) gives preview for 3Q 2014 earnings to be announced on May 14, 2014 in the pre market. This one could fly to $3++
CHECK OUT THE CHART................MAJOR BREAKOUT LOOMING
Look at the 5-year chart
- Best time of year ahead - Spring/Summer
- 6 Insiders paid up to $1.35 in last month including the CEP
- Making progress in several fronts - Increased mall traffic, improved e-commerce/social media/mobile
- Spring and summer are best quarters
- Persistent buyout rumors
- Chart says BUY
Don't miss the boat
this one is ready to pop.
Huge blocks building up on the bid side
This one is ready to pop
In additions to improving mall traffic and building stores outside malls, WTSL is investing in high-margin e-commerce, social media, and and mobile (read transcript).
"We think by the end of the year, we should be at 10% of our business being e-commerce. So there's no reason to think we can't get there, and then clearly, if you think about it from a productivity and profitability standpoint, it's double what the stores' profitability is. So, for us, the quicker we get there, the more profitable we look."
Other fast-growth and high-margin areas the company is aggressively pursuing are social media and mobile. Mr. Goodman had this to say about these key growth areas:
"Social media is beginning to take on epic proportions and we are seeing Wet Seal's presence grow dramatically on sites like Twitter, Instagram and Wanelo. We're leveraging the visibility from our alliance with Crush by ABC Family and doing more product integrations and social media promotions. And AwesomenessTV continues to be a home run for us, offering a tremendous amount of engagement with our core customer. We will also be doing more frequent promotions and store events that tie-in to our partnerships with musical artists."
"Turning to mobile, we are utilizing the internal capabilities we now have announced to rebuild our subscription base, offer more frequent text and e-mail promotions and engage the customer with a more direct called action, both in-store and online. Lastly, we are investing greater resources in digital marketing initiatives, including SEO DOAs and blogger partnerships. We will be investing wisely, shifting our spending as needed to ensure we are properly funding critical marketing tactics that will help us drive traffic and engage the customer."
To help drive the e-commerce, social media, and mobile initiatives, the company recently announced the appointment of three new board members with significant experience and leadership in these areas.
On October 2013, The Street reported that KarpReilly Capital Partners LP, Advent, and other private equity firms that are known for investing in troubled retailers like Sun Capital Partners Inc., Golden Gate Capital and Sycamore Partners, have looked at WTSL as a potential acquisition target
FROM BLOOMBERG ARTICLE:
Clinton would prefer to work with a partner to take Wet Seal private and has had preliminary talks with private-equity firms as well as banks, Taxin said.
Wet Seal, based in Foothill Ranch, California, rose 3.1 percent to $2.67 at the close in New York.
Clinton has been calling for a sale of Wet Seal since July 2012. The retailer fired former Chief Executive Officer Susan McGalla in July 2012 and hired John Goodman for the position in January. Clinton also succeeded in replacing three directors and Wet Seal’s chairman in October 2012, ending a proxy contest after the retailer adopted an anti-takeover defense.
The Machine-to-Machine¹ industry is forecast by Strategy Analytics to grow at a CAGR of 18 percent, from $45 billion in 2013 and reaching $242 billion in 2022, according to the new Strategy Analytics Machine-to-Machine Strategies (M2M) service report, “M2M Revenues by Industry Vertical“.
Identive Group (INVE) is selling slow-growth, non-core operations to focus on high-growth technologies.
The company will focus on high-growth NFC, RFID, and cloud identity-as-a-service (IaaS) patented core competencies.
Successful implementation of streamlined operation should yield consistent profitability and increase shareholder value.
Many companies focusing on NFC/RFID/M2M/Internet-of-Things markets like SuperCom Ltd. (SPCB), On Track Innovations (OTIV), Lantronix (LTRX) and others have much higher valuations than INVE. Investors should note that INVE's expected revenues after restructuring will be much higher than the companies I've just mentioned. Even larger sector player Sierra Wireless (SWIR) saw its stock price almost tripled to a 52-week high of $26.56 before the recent consolidation. The projected rate of growth in this technology sector is staggering, and companies with a growing presence like INVE are sure to benefit from this windfall.
This makes a lot of sense to me.