I'm staying away from all retailers...don't feel comfortable with any of them.
Just sticking with my core holdings, keeping close eye for bargains on everything on my radar.
Last week low float gang came to FORD and I unloaded - lucky I was watching my screen when it happened. Will begin to repurchase below $1.30 again.
I notice the same, however, this is a profitable company doing the reverse split to get shares high enough to meet exchange requirement for uplisting - not being done out of weakness.
Anyhow, I figure scaling in starting at .49 is a safe move and I won't miss out if it doesn't go lower first.
We played this one maybe 4 or 5 months ago after CEO bought shares and they were in low/mid-.40s. Company has performed since then, shares have gone to the high .50s. Company posted profits, is going to do reverse split and uplist the shares in the near future.
A couple days ago, company made press release that CEO was stepping down and markets took it the wrong way. If you read the press release, it is very good news - he did the job he was hired to do, company is now fixed, and he doesn't need to be CEO any longer. He's still on the board and is not selling any shares. Investors have not properly digested the info.
I began scaling in yesterday at .49 - will buy more if it goes lower. Shares should go back to high .50s and higher.
the bid is moving up - just a matter of time until chickens stop unloading at $1.25 and $1.26
folks, the two strong quarters are coming
anytime the ask is at/under $1.20 the shares should be grabbed as quickly as you see them - it's a gift.
numbers like $1.00 and $1.05 are history, so if you're waiting for those again thinking that's where you're getting your cheap shares, well it's not going to happen..
Similar to EVOL, but I think better.
Karen Singer and Lloyd are big investors. No debt, lots of cash, sales growing, profitable, 6.5% dividend as of right now.
I bought some today - plan to double up if it falls another 50 cents, then quadruple up on another 50 cent fall...though I don't think either will happen unless market gets jolted.
Market maker is winning.
Wake up folks! The shares are being taken down on miniscule volume as the chickens are getting scared out of the market...just like the big boys want. This is a growth story, you knew that when you bought your shares. If you cannot hold tight and let Jack do his thing, then you are doing the right thing handing over your shares for a loss. However, if you're interested in making two, three, four, and five times your investment, just sit back and don't look at the share price day to day...nothing has changed in the past week, nothing...except Jack purchasing some shares to let you know that they're cheap right now. Why in the world would he buy shares at $3.89 when he just bought a boatload at $4.25 less than six months ago?
The smart thing to do is to pick up a few more shares here and there as long as there are folks willing to toss their shares. If you're tapped out of cash, or aren't interested in adding more to your investment, try as best you can to be patient - the growth is coming. 2015 is going to be just the beginning - everything is in place and everybody knows that interest rates are going up beginning in the spring and they're going to continue going up for the next 3 to 5 years. As interest rates go up, bank profit margins go up as the spreads increase.
Be smart - you picked the right investment, you just have to give it a little more time in the oven to finish cooking.
And remember this - once all the selling is done (and there aren't a ton of shares in the float to begin with), the shares will rise on much less volume than what took them down.
I think today was a little different than past couple days. Past couple days, going in to the last couple minutes you could see the seller with 50+ shares on the ask, and then he lowered the boom in the final minute. Today, the ask didn't seem very much out of line.
Also, earlier this morning, the big seller was keeping everything on the ask at $2550 - once those shares were all finally taken (even after he reloaded a couple times), then the shares seemed to have the lid taken off the remainder of the day and trade more freely.
Just my observations.
The reasons they bought at $2950 is because:
1. If they had bought back in the open market, it would have taken forever to do it
2. Had they wanted to buy that many shares relatively quicky they would have driven the price up much higher than that
3. They believed that $2950 was a fair value at the time
Market obviously agreed with the logic as the company were only able to tender about half of what they were prepared to buy and shares then went up past $3100 afterwards.
As far as the remainder of your post - right on - plainly obvious to everyone that's here...now, the rest of the market should be able to understand such obvious things.
still a large seller - sold 80 shares at the open at $2550, then another 10 and 39 shares at $2550...seems to be sitting on the ask now at $2550.
they do still show $2.68/share cash and not a boatload of debt. so, you will find a segment of investors interested because it trades very close to cash value.
I do agree with you regarding cash burn. but even so, even at the current burn rate, they have enough cash to go at least 2 years. certainly there is a possibility that they begin to show improvement within that time frame - no? and in that case, the shares would likely go higher - even if they don't get back to profitability.
I agree regarding DFA...they hold too many shares such that unloading a few would do anything if they were looking to unload their position. With 46,000 shares it would take them months to get rid of the position in an orderly fashion.
However, I'm guessing that it is a fund/institution unloading that has a smaller position ... we are in the last week of the quarter, and possibly there is some fund window dressing taking place?