Thanks for that ... a settlement to put this to rest and behind them is certainly good news. Both parties probably came to their senses that it does neither any good to continue expending legal fees on this and dragging it out.
Met estimates on top and bottom line. PFS is a great place to put your money at this time - solid earnings, respectable/secure dividend, good growth coming.
The market is going to be turbulent and likely head lower between now and year end. Banks and financials like PFS are going to be a safe haven providing good returns now through the dividend, and great returns going forward as interest rates trend higher.
PFS is doing a really good job, being cautious in its lending and capital deployment, and is growing steadily. It's where you want to be at this time.
Keep your head on straight, and use dips in the share price as an opportunity to pick up more shares cheaply.
Very strong in all areas.
Shares are very cheap here. Stock dividend and/or increase in the cash dividend is likely coming within next few months.
AROW is in a position to be making acquisitions, or to be acquired.
"Sidoti seems to be giving us a warning about possible lower prices. Others here may disagree and dislike the fact that I'm mentioning it but just by reviewing their web site, they seem to be under no pressure to do anything but provide research. "
What happened is perfectly clear. Sidoti did nothing but read the headline and shoot from the hip, plain and simple. If you give credence to that type of "coverage", then more power to you. What I've learned is that it's the kind of stuff that shock journalism is made of. I think back to when another big firm put a similar type of rating on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines when it was trading at $5 not so many years ago. The company and stock price performance since that day speaks for itself.
So, if you look to such dramatization from the only firm providing coverage, that they provided absolutely no details of specifics why they issued their downgrade and price target before having any details from the company, then again, soak it all in.
You will see Sidoti move back to a buy rating with the prior $2 price target they had when the company finalizes and submits the filings - with absolutely no material changes having taken place during the period. I will bank on it.
Earnings release this morning of 17 cents/share for the quarter implies about 68 cents/year putting current PE at about 10. For a bank not paying a dividend, this is reasonable. I own another small bank trading at the same PE and paying 3.6% dividend.
Should they initiate a dividend, even a small one, or show increasing profitability going forward, then a higher price could be justified.
For now, I'd say hold - wouldn't be buying at the current price.
Banks got hit good today, CZNC included. This afternoon CZNC declared the quarterly dividend and renewed the share repurchase program. Shares were up the past couple weeks trending to $19.50 in anticipation of the dividend. Now you can get the shares below $18.75 with the 26 cent dividend coming in the next two weeks - that's a quick 5%+ between the dividend and discount to the share price just a couple days ago.
As interest rates will trend higher over the next 2 years, this will provide higher profits to banks. While most other companies will see their earnings and share price go lower with higher interest rates, banks and financials will be the beneficiaries.
Grab bank shares and lock in your dividends while the shares are still low. As profits and the share price rise, so too will future dividends.
Purchase slowly as the shares can go lower, and diversify across multiple banks. Don't simply chase dividends - be sure of the asset quality and strength of the balance sheet as well.
how many shares were you able to get? couldn't have been that many - was it?
I will wait for a lower price. if I can't get any lower than $1.50 I won't buy - doesn't pay for what I currently have already invested and my basis.
not really a surprise press release. actually standard procedure in these types of situations, especially when you have good/strong management. the surprise is that the firm providing analyst coverage did not have the common sense to wait for the press release or clarification from management providing more details. they simply jumped the gun, made a downgrade and assigned a price target with absolutely no facts to base it upon.
what is important to keep in mind here, is that this was caught fairly quickly, the impact is negligible, swift action is being taken to remedy it, and this will make the company stronger going forward. it shows that the audit processes are working and the auditors certainly earned their fee this accounting cycle. what we can be happy about is that this didn't go unnoticed or swept under the carpet. that is how companies get themselves into very big trouble - they need to go back and restate everything for years, and then it really is a major problem.
as most expect, we may see some near-term turbulence, but with one or two new contract awards, a few months from now it will be a faded memory.
I thought I saw August somewhere...or maybe my mind just inferred that as I see in the earnings announcement he said the product would be on the shelves in the fall.
In any case, we should see something regarding it before it is actually on the shelves...whether a press release, TV commercials, or something on the website.
Thanks for your detailed inputs micromaven - let's hope cooler heads prevail when trading opens tomorrow. If not, we'll need to decide at what point to be buying more shares.
News release looks good for as much as can be said at this point.
Comparing with 9 month results, it's looking like Q4 revenues are between $17 million and $18 million and bottom line is anywhere from a loss of $800,000 to a profit of $150,000.
See for yourself. What do you think the odds are that someone could place trades at exactly 5 minute intervals to the exact second?
$3.65 ... 200 ... EDGX ... 15:46:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 15:41:06
$3.65 ... 200 ... EDGX ... 15:36:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 15:31:06
$3.65 ... 200 ... EDGX ... 15:26:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 15:21:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 15:16:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 15:11:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 15:06:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 15:01:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... NDD ... 14:56:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... NDD ... 14:51:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 14:46:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 14:41:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 14:36:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 14:31:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 14:26:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 14:21:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 14:16:06
$3.65 ... 4 ... NDD ... 14:09:30
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 14:06:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 14:01:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 13:56:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 13:51:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 13:46:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 13:41:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 13:31:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 13:26:06
$3.65 ... 100 ... EDGX ... 13:21:06
I don't think this could be a huge problem attributable (only) to the CFO as he was in his position only since December and obviously this was caught in the March quarter with the full year audit.
understood - share buybacks also fall under the same rules as insider purchasing - even moreso.
google for "Questions Surrounding Share Repurchases" and the first link is to the Harvard Law School blog - it covers this..."The Company" is the ultimate insider. The article was written by an attorney at Skadden Arps - one of the top legal firms.
I'm sure they will be when they are allowed to.
Currently, I believe they are in a blackout period because it is past end of quarter and they have still not reported results - ie they have material non-public information...as has been the case since end of March. Once everything is squared away I'm sure they will be buying. If you review past quarterly filings you can see they had previously been buying back shares in the $1.60 range.
For the time being, a trading halt may be the best thing until the issues are resolved.
thanks - sounds like the same kind of thing. I've seen it before.
looking at the Ixia news items, it took them a couple months to get it all worked out and the filings up to date.
I have to believe that Iteris is very far along in the process considering the amount of time since March end of quarter and that it is likely the result of a small number of these contracts.