Mon, Jan 26, 2015, 4:20 PM EST - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Chelsea Therapeutics Internatio Message Board

onemodolar 35 posts  |  Last Activity: Jan 25, 2015 1:21 AM Member since: Dec 28, 2011
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    tender offer schedule

    by onemodolar Jan 23, 2015 1:45 PM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 25, 2015 1:21 AM Flag

    I think upside potential is as much as any other biotech from here, but significantly de-risked.
    Roche will add significant number of testing which carries 100% reimbursement.
    Global marketing through Roche will also increase revenues.
    $250 million infusion plus $80 million makes $330 million cash.
    $150 million or more for R&D.
    Expanded pipeline with liquid biopsy and immuno-pathology,
    FMI can open regional central lab and all the specimen being sent from almost anywhere in the world.
    They will use Genentech sales force for community education.
    Operating expense is low. NO P3 trial which can fail. Minimal number of labs in major area, Fedex will deliver over-night.
    First mover advantage is being maximized by Roche deal.
    For example, No barrier, no IP in SNS space.
    Can ZNGA catch up with FB? Never!

    I may hold and see what happens when CMS coverage kicks in.
    My wife says I am wrong more often than being right.
    All imo,

  • Reply to

    tender offer schedule

    by onemodolar Jan 23, 2015 1:45 PM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 24, 2015 7:28 PM Flag

    I don't know.
    I am going to hold all the shares in taxable account for long term tax.
    possible tax savings as well as possible gain from here.

  • onemodolar by onemodolar Jan 23, 2015 1:45 PM Flag

    Tender offer schedule expected

    Starting on 2/1/15.
    for 6 weeks likely.
    Ending mid Mar.
    Proxy vote during yr ending ER in late Feb.
    Cash pay out around 3/20/15 if there is no need for extension.

    Once you tender your shares, you will not be able to trade those shares in open market unless you withdraw.

    How to tender? just call your broker on the phone same day.
    How to withdraw? takes a couple of days.
    When to tender? No need to hurry. you may wait till last minutes. Wait for CC and decide. Acceptance is pro rated, nor first come first served.

  • onemodolar by onemodolar Jan 17, 2015 12:53 PM Flag

    During the last 2 weeks of Dec., 1 million new shorts increased total to 5 million shares.
    They tried to feed on fear of year end tax loss selling and in coming secondary.
    They are all caught off guard.
    Some might have covered. Some might have established new position with the news.
    Day traders are almost all gone by now. volume is back down to where it was.
    New update will be disseminated on 1/27/15.
    High short interest translates into buy interests.
    They will certainly suffer more from small float after this transaction is completed.
    Technically it will begin with commencement of tender offer.
    No guts, no glory???? May be not this case. IMO.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • onemodolar by onemodolar Jan 16, 2015 8:45 PM Flag

    FMI needs Roche to take it to next level.

    FMI needed to do secondary @ $20 if it were not Roche deal.
    No funding for liquid biopsy and they avoided immunopathology not to compete with Pathologists.
    Not enough marketing infra-structures to maximize their first-mover advantages.
    Roche is their IP now, raising the bar for smaller start up or ILMA.

    The partial buy out is the most sensible approach I can imagine.
    Neither Labcorp nor Quest can offer this much for the revenue from selling test and data base.
    Only Roche can do this because of their oncology diagnostic and therapeutic program.

    Would you be able to think of better possibilities other than Abbott? Unfortunately there was no mentioning about Abbott. I am very happy Roche decided to pay for the first-mover advantages.
    GLTA.

  • Reply to

    how is FMI effected by currency change

    by the_green_tara Jan 15, 2015 4:40 PM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 16, 2015 8:03 PM Flag

    Probably less than 10 million shares will be left as float. With high institutional ownership, daily trading vol. can go down below 100k.
    $100 is quite possible in view of $5 billion global market.
    only 10% of US market has been tapped so far.
    The only problem is FMI has gone to far ahead too fast compared to conventional chemo's.
    I vote for yes for proxy, but not to tender. All IMO.

  • Reply to

    how is FMI effected by currency change

    by the_green_tara Jan 15, 2015 4:40 PM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 16, 2015 7:51 PM Flag

    Why would you take a risk of Roche to walk away and pps goes back down to 20's?
    I always take even money when I have a black jack and the dealer has ace up.
    There will be a lot of good hands remaining to be played after this deal.
    100% upside from here.
    My long term share will mature in June, but I want to hold it till next Jan,16.

  • I am surprised by active trading activity at this discount price. MM may try to set the tone for tender offer - higher the market price, lesser the tender for $50. If initial tender yields less than 50%, they have to extend the period and insiders may have to tender their shares to match.

    What if Roche still fails to achieve 50%? Is Roche allowed to buy more in open market? Remaining float will commend high premium in the case where Roche and Shorts have to compere for shares.

    FMI and Roche deal has tremendous synergy and I will hold my shares for long term capital gain as well as probable double from here. Complete buy out will happen soon rather than later.

    added more today.
    GLTA
    I'd like to thank Dew from iHUB and Ohad.

  • Reply to

    how is FMI effected by currency change

    by the_green_tara Jan 15, 2015 4:40 PM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 16, 2015 12:50 PM Flag

    I also wish they do, but contract is written and sealed for $50 US. I am just happy with $50 now since I am not going to tender my shares.

  • Reply to

    My gift @49.5

    by onemodolar Jan 14, 2015 1:25 PM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 14, 2015 3:07 PM Flag

    I cancelled my order because MM was using it as ceiling. then it goes $50.

  • onemodolar by onemodolar Jan 14, 2015 1:25 PM Flag

    for desperate shorts! come and get it!

  • Reply to

    Tender Offer

    by the_green_tara Jan 13, 2015 11:47 PM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 14, 2015 12:25 PM Flag

    I would vote for Yes, but I would not tender my shares in my taxable account.
    This can be $100 stock in a couple years.
    $250 million is cash infusion. You can not dilute shares @100% premium.
    This deal is partial take over because insiders did not want to sell whole co at this discount.
    I certainly prefer $50 rather than $23 where we were just a couple days ago.
    All you need to do is not to tender your shares, IMO.

  • Reply to

    Roche going to wind up buying the rest of FMI

    by noodlzgtj Jan 14, 2015 11:28 AM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 14, 2015 12:08 PM Flag

    Supply - dwindling so quickly. day traders, those who need to cash out quick,new shorts.
    daily trading vol. will be below 300k before the end of this week.
    share holders for current floats would wait for a couple weeks and get $50/sh.
    I know how difficult it is to sell 10k shares without dropping price,
    price above $50 level will not sustain while tender offer is active because I myself will try to fetch
    more in open market, rather than tendering my shares to Roche.

    Demand - short covering. new investors who realize mega synergy from Roche deal (tremendous upside
    potential with almost non existing float after the deal closes)

    I added more today.
    all IMO.

  • onemodolar onemodolar Jan 14, 2015 10:50 AM Flag

    Buy put option as you said instead shorting. More cost effective I think,
    Load up all the put's then short all the way down to $23.
    This way You will make tons of money,IMO.
    Don't " fade" your money, Kool!

  • onemodolar onemodolar Jan 14, 2015 2:07 AM Flag

    I gave you a thumb up because you sound like professional.
    I like your Kool word "fade".
    Don't let your money "fade".
    GLTA

  • I bot more today.
    either I tender it at $50 or trade later after tender offer closes.
    I wonder how many shares will be left in the market for trade.
    going higher is most likely.
    new PT of $67 which I agree.

  • Reply to

    Onemodolar

    by poise2viscosity Jan 12, 2015 8:11 PM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 13, 2015 2:09 AM Flag

    Congrats!
    Tender offer will commence this months.
    Trying to figure out how I am going to deal with tax issue. :-)

  • onemodolar onemodolar Jan 12, 2015 3:21 PM Flag

    Roche underpaid. Insiders did not want to take $50/sh.
    That's why they gave $250 mil for 5 million shares in the form of secondary offering.
    Promised additional $150 for R&D.
    Agreed upon only 3/9 director seats and complete autonomy.

  • This is not typical buy out deal where you can expect 5-10% discount.
    4 million sh shorted prior to this deal.
    Management is not selling for just $50, they will aim for higher return,
    Roche thinks this will be big and gave Mr. Pellini incentives/motivation to execute the plan.
    There will be a lot of share holders may not tender their shares,
    Roche may not get over 50% of total shares with this offer.
    This can run 10-20% in pps easily with small trading volume.
    Short squeeze can happen anytime or with reimbursement PR.
    FMR or big fund may not tender either.
    Roche and Shorts may end up competing for the small float.
    I would not try to shave ice on this.
    NOT a mandatory tender offer!!!

  • Reply to

    FMI 2015

    by onemodolar Jan 10, 2015 1:16 AM
    onemodolar onemodolar Jan 10, 2015 1:49 AM Flag

    Previously, I had some concern about IP and low entry barrier into this field.

    First-mover advantage is their IP.
    Time factor is the biggest barrier.
    30,000 and fast growing data base can not be reproduced easily.
    FMI branding is firmly setting into the medical community.

CHTP
6.520.00(0.00%)Jun 23 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.