Let me start from saying that I am still a PRAN holder and even has open order to buy more HOWEVER what you said above does not make any sense, ....great safety and tolerability....???? , are we talking about water here? I drink water with great safety and tolerability every day? placebo does the same, we need a drug that should work along with great safety and tolerabilityl, unfortunately prana reported that PBT2 didn't met primary AND secondary both endpoints, since then I was asking myself then what it is good for? I am sorry to say that I have not read any good explanation so far.
Now I am here for HD future not AD, funny thing is that I pickup Prana for AD not HD but that is how cookie crumble......
me too, but we saw in HD results that pbt2 can do much better in only 26 weeks why flunk on AD side is out of my understanding...
Thank you for putting is in better words but what is still puzzling that we saw almost 50% reduction or (improvement) in HD results that is more of less same area of brain and it not visible in AD at all ? may be my understanding of both results is totally off since I am not a doctor.
what is the point of doing that? instead of pay for option if you think you cannot take the risk on a higher amount then reduce the holdings (on both ways, long or short), by buying options you are doing nothing but giving away your money.
"Prana’s PBT2 did not meet its primary endpoint of a statistically significant reduction in the levels of beta-amyloid plaques in the brains of prodromal/mild Alzheimer’s disease patients"
for that part there might be a issue with data or dosage or wrong test who know but
"No improvement was observed on the secondary endpoints of brain metabolic activity, cognition and function...."
that part I do not think shows that PBT2 is as promising as I think it was, I know there is an "however" ...and preserving brain size etc. after that but my I understanding about PBT2 was that it shows some improvement in Cognition as well! I know there are some very smart people on this board, if any one care to comment?
I sold all of my share (15k) at $2.90+ based upon the fact that price was dropping on daily bases and now bought back at $2.4+.
IMHO Galena is over sold and have seen the bottom, I am not looking at this stock at daily bases anymore and will try to hold it until year end earnings report.
My cost base; after this transaction; is now $1.90+ and I think this is a good place to be in a stock that has a salable drug, licenses to sell in Europe and partnership with companies that can expand the sales region.
About all those Law suites and investigations they are not against Galena but their officers, if found guilty they will pay the price, rather they should pay the price but it does not change the fact the Galena is a choice biotech with risk already mitigated in the current pps, the only way I see this goes from here is up.
I don't see any juice left for short anymore but please do your own DD.
After all this debacle and attacks price target from many reputable firms is still $8-$11
I lost about half million worth of my gains yesterday, sold out some but still have a portion in PRAN, I still think that there is a an error in data or mistake in drug distribution (who knows) and I wish they find out sooner then later, this drug is hope of million and not just for AD/HD. I am planning to hold my remaining shares until Dr. T through down the towel or emerge successful.
I wish you all success and peace!
this is exactly my point, how can placebo has same rate of improvement? this is not the kind of disease that can have a "placebo effect", Rudy was baffled for good reason.
Call me an idiot but I cannot rule out the possibility of something wrong with data reporting or recording, I recall same with PPHM last year and not I am not say this because I dropped big today but it does not make any sense that a proven medicine that was tested in all model has no stats over placebo, screw up can be intentional or unintentional, there is no way all the doctors recommenced almost all the penitent to go forward with open label extension. only time will tell.
same here, I was ready for a good news, I was ready for not so good news but I was not ready for this scenario, may be the video or the extension of 90% patients but this is how games is played.
or it is possible like PPHM, they screwed the data somehow, there can be any number of reasons; from pharmaceutical espionage to data entry error or dosage mixed up, remember when 90% plus went for extension their doctors recommended PTB2, OR PBT2 may not be the silver bullet after all, who knows.
ok, that make sense about results being blind but is there any chance that we have some insight about the progress of extension with this release?
will open label extension observations be the part of results? if answer is yes then why we are thinking that results are blind? if answer is no then is there any significant of that that extension for pbt2 testing?