If I had been watching at the open, I would have guessed that we were about to take off. Interesting that there was no follow through.
Whoever it was that made that buy didn't want to risk waiting for a better price during the day. Hopefully that individual has some insight on what the money (that was recently raised) is going to be used for - and felt that a PR was imminent.
Not a regular here, history, but I am long BTU (small position) as of today. Will consider increasing it. I saw the volume pre-market today and thought it was time to be long.
It's a good overview. Now let's see what their plans are for the money they just raised. Could be a big PR in the near future. Things are happening rapidly.
It's not routine maintenance. It's "system issues." They are still saying 2:00 p.m. eastern, which is long past. Very frustrating.
"Due to system issues, access to your Scottrade account is temporarily unavailable until approximately 2:00 p.m. EST. Orders placed this morning that resulted in an order ID were submitted for execution even though a confirmed report was not displayed. Please note that calling your branch office may result in longer than usual hold times. We apologize for the inconvenience and are committed to working with our clients on an individual basis to resolve any resulting issues."
Good read! Thanks for the heads up. "With 20% market share in the U.S., which seems doable considering a complete lack of alternative treatment options for ALS, NSI-566 would have peak sales of roughly $450 million. On a global basis, with 5% ex-U.S. penetration, peak sales will eclipse $2 billion."
Just to assist anyone's search, it's "BioPharm Insight", a division of Infinata. They definitely have a global reach and large knowledge base. I am glad that Neuralstem is going this route of partenring NSI-189 for all uses, globally. It will be great to see that PR when a deal is done! My only hesitancy is that I can't find any PR's where BioPharm Insight put a deal together. They seem to have access to a lot of companies. I hope they can also close the deal.
It's probably due to being added to the Russell 3000, not investment decisions about the company's prospects. I think all those firms have index funds. Most institutions don't touch stocks under $5 per share.
It would be great if you could find out something!
I would like to know the status of the DCVax-L trial: (1) what is the projected enrollment completion date and (2) the date we can expect to get topline results.
Was the trial expanded in size - if so, by how much and why? And whatever happened to the DMC's efficacy report?!
Also, have any patients been treated under the German HE plan yet? If so, how many? If not, why not and when can we expect that to happen?
Thanks, Joe, good to hear. I was responding to syzygy's assertion that there could be a 400 patient trial with a control arm. I am admittedly not quite up to speed since I just recently started buying the stock.
Can you or anyone else point me to your reference to "a week ago" - I see the August investor presentation in the PDF format...I don't see anything to suggest an ALS trial design beyond the current phase II trial. "Goal: maximum safe tolerated dose; evaluate efficacy for clinical proof-of-concept to advance to Phase II/III trial."
The topic "patience" was getting difficult to track so I am continuing it under a new topic. Are the 32 patients who are enrolling in Q1 2015 part of the phase II trial? I was guessing they were phase IIb rather than phase III.
I know the FDA likes large double-blinded trials with a control arm...but can they justify having a placebo when it requires a meaningless invasive procedure? But maybe more importantly, it implies that there's a standard of care now. The idea of the FDA wanting a control arm is to pit the new therapy vs the old one. If there is no treatment now, can they really require a trial where "we'll inject an inert substance into your spine?"
I don't know the answers on how the trials will be designed and the approval process will be structured. But if the phase II trial has dramatic results, the idea of a 400 patient double armed phase III trial with half the patients being injected with a placebo into their spine seems barbaric.
I never liked the thread concept in that people respond to different posts within the thread, making it difficult to track who's responding to what post. I agree that the latest change makes it even worse. I was guessing that it was a bug, not an enhancement.
The next 32 ALS patients are supposed to start enrollment in Q1 of 2015. I was assuming we'd get an update from the group of 15 as soon as the results are known, and not have to wait for all 47 at once.
If a PR is released in early 2015 that the 15 are doing well, then it will be an easy sell to fill the next 32 slots. Theoretically the combined group of 15 + 32 could provide statistical significance and be the grounds for early approval w/o a phase III. If only we knew how the current 15 patients are doing!
I agree with your sentiment. We know Ted Harada is trying to spread the word. Colorado has the right to try law, so maybe they'll make news for something other than marijuana.
One difference from the ebola therapy is that stem cell therapy is very invasive. If it were as simple as taking a drug, then more patients could have received it and we'd have a better idea of how effective it might be.
As frustrating as it is to wait, it's probably prudent to see how the 15 patients in the phase II trial are doing before talking about an accelerated approval. It's a matter of months now. They're the first test of the hypothesis that more cells, injected higher in the spine, will be more efficacious.
If a significant number in that group are doing as well as Ted Harada (or even better), then it would be criminal to not get it approved ASAP. But I know the FDA likes large trials, so we could still be years away from approval.
Discussion about 5.20 being support took place days ago. Someone posted that support was forming at 5.50 (which was incorrect). I followed it with, "Back to 5.20" - as in "this is where support was before" (which so far is correct). I didn't think I needed to spell it out to anyone. There was no emtional angst in my post.
I also posted about 4.00 being support after we crossed it.. I was posting that I was buyinfg int he 3's. I posted that I thought we'd hit 5.98 after earnings and close at 5.22. It's as accurate as anyone had. If no one finds my posts useful, put me on ignore. I didn't jump on anyone's post without knowing the context or facts.
I think ORI's weakness now stems from the overall market weakness and the possibility of rising rates, as opposed to being a concern about their mortgage and credit card division. I added today because of 5%+ on the dividend yield , but I think we could see another leg lower.
Selloff in NEO is unjustified. Whether it's international events, the domestic economy, or the fear of rising interest rates, none of that will have a direct impact on NEO's growth.