Walkagain, are you referring to why they are making a name change to reflect a broader scope of the Company? Based on the filing it looks as though they are positioning themselves for greater growth. Would still like to hear specifics of how they intend to recognize revenue from the mystore platform and if they will break that out separately.
Beginning to think if we do not see this approved now, we get another offer, one much higher. Definitely would not want to be short. This could happen any minute, imo.
IMO, the longer this goes the greater possibility of a competing bid, one higher than the $9.69. Whispers about Ichan and SUNE, as well competing higher bids on YY may be changing the landscape regarding this buyout offer.
Yes, you have summed it up nicely, however, the fact they will not guide for 2016 is another total disregard for existing shareholders who need this information along with possible new shareholders. Happy Thanksgiving!
In the CC during the Q&A, a response was given by a company spokesman that the Chairman instructed that no guidance be given for 2016 because of the privatization of the Company. It sure sounds as if they are confident that the offer to go private will be approved.
Exactly! If a rejection of the offer, or an increased offer were to happen it would have to be soon, imo, based on the pressure to do so the increased earnings and guidance provide. Otherwise the "Speical" committee is just acting on behalf of the CEO and the buyout group.
Thanks for all the information. Based on all the references to confidentiality in the letter, my guess there will no mention in the CC, unless the process has been concluded and approved.
I just read the letter again. It doesn't sound as if they are required to notify anyone. In fact non-binding offer, is simply a letter of intent and leaves it pretty much open ended about how this will all play out. They may keep it open because there is no deadline and there may be other offers in which case they could adjust their offer. It is clear though Jin is determined because with China markets stabilizing this could be worth 3--4 times as much on China's markets (maybe more) and well worth the wait and effort. As IPO's wait for the optimum time to go public, Jin and group are waiting and testing the waters in China for investor interest before they conclude this takeover bid.
Question: If the offer is pulled are they even obligated to inform shareholders? Still having a hard time with the logic employed by Jin on the low ball offer he made if he or his group did not have anywhere near the votes needed. Was his strategy to keep prices down simply so he could accumulate knowing something else much bigger is coming?
WS are buying in imo. They control the game and retail gets taken for a ride. It is not about who is smarter it is about who has more money, who is bigger and can control the price. Obviously when the CEO made his offer he put a lid on the stock. Other factors contributed too, such as the situation in China and there was no hurry to take it private, better to wait for a more stable situation. Well, it looks as though the time could be near.
It may not be all about the CRB rates completely. In the most recent article in Bloomberg, they mention adding features e.g.such as storing songs etc. that may explain individual deals with labels and copyright holders. The labels may agree this is better way to move forward for both rather than rely solely on the CRB.
In the CC the CEO, Michael Nall, stated during the Q&A the Blues (meaning Blue Crosses) are in sight, signifying an agreement for coverage is close. It appears the numbers covered by Insurance will increase dramatically when that happens and share price will increase along with the announcement. Adding here.
IMO incompetence is when someone makes a legitimate attempt to accomplish the task and bungles it. In this case we have a protracted delay, no reasonable explanation for it and still no decision. During all of this time the share price has been held considerably below the offer price of 9.69 while who knows who is accumulating. This is all by design and appears to be successful for those who began this process. No amount of shareholder complaints or posts have received a reasonable explanation which shows total disregard for the shareholder. Time and money are on their side and they will always act in their best interest. They are waiting for changing conditions in China and as announced today some of the restrictions on China's IPO's are now being lifted because of improving economic and market conditions. Now you may hear something as a result, although it may not be what you want to hear.
With proprietary properties connected to LB and current insurance coverage for 77 million, it seems an easy way for a large Bio to jump into this segment. Good earning make it even more of a candidate!
Agree, closely watched and tightly controlled, not only on the trading front but also the news front. Now if we can only figure out why, by whom and for what purpose. Is management keeping a lid on the price so they can take it private at a low share price, then relisting in China?
Asking for the company to release information, as you did in your Sept 29 post, is not a pump. All others, well you be the judge. I don't see a lot of chatter here and as far as bragging, well I hope you are right and we get a move based on some good information, contract, etc. Until then, I would not call a move from 4.14 to todays close of 4.41, on low volume of 23,00 shares traded anything to brag or get excited about.. When it breaks and holds the 200 dma average at around 4.70 on real volume, then we may have something. Until that happens it is just more of the same.