Gee, additional 2 million shares issued. That makes the total 5.8 million shares for 15.7 mill debt, so Crede paid 2.70 for each share. 5.70 was a smoke mirror number for the benefit of Crede, and ensured they are in the money once they exchanged. I stand corrected. It is no longer a great buying opportunity at 2.90, but a fair one. The price won't go below 2.60. How soon it will go back up to 4 depends on how soon their app appears on iphone6. The good news is any time the price dips towards 2.60, it is a great buying opportunity. jmo.
Crede exchanged the entire notes into common shares at 5.70 a share!!! And the stock could not hold onto 4 dollars for a few minutes. What does that tell you? The big money wants you to sell your shares to them, period! So, act accordingly, buy, buy buy anthing under 5. It will be 10 when Apple Pay is laumched in Oct. jmo.
Does any long here know why the stock jumped as high as 68 dollars a share on April 30, 2014? There was no news or any comment on the message board, but 14 million shares traded. I guess it was a computer glitch?
Please do not mislead people. vii has now 9 mill shares outstanding after the merger. The market values it the same as isns. If either lands a deal with a police force somewhere, it will break away. dgly trades at twenties because it has signed a deal, and apparently more to come.
Thanks for your response, frwdlook. I hope you are right, and pip will announce what their expert came up with, so we all can decide what to do. But, I doubt it will happen.
No, the experts' damage amount will not be disclosed, because they are non material, until the judge makes the final ruling as to how much exactly that damage should be, so we have another ten days to wait. The price won't move much either up or down for both comapnies. The wild card is that there is a settlement, which is not likely because of the bad blood between the two parties, but if a third party steps in to acquire both companies to end this madness, then everybody will be happy if the price is right.
they surely can produce more that Mapp, right? Mapp had only three doses, yet they offered. Tekmira has been well into the P1 trial, and they have nothing to offer? You know, the drug can be best tested in an epidemic. They shy away. The reason is they don't want to take risks, but that's my opinion only.
No drug is ready, but TKM-Ebola is at the most advanced stage. The problem is some CEOs are risk takers while others are not. That makes the world of difference.
That was then , and this is now, especially based on the sc ruling and remand. In other words, Parsons is now certain that expectation damages can be awarded in Delaware Law. Furthermore, you failed to understand that what he was saying in that transcript was that siga better settle with pip instead of insisting on him to rule, because if they wanted him to rule, he would have no choice but to rule for pip and the award would be much much higher than siga would have ever imagined, because he would have to rule based on broad economic terms specified in LATS. BUt, siga was too stubborn to see that, thinking they could get away with it because expectation damages would be too speculative to quantify, and thinking they broke a contract and there was no remedy for it. Obviously, they are completely wrong, and want to continue on this losing course, until they hit the dead end.
This is a brilliant judge!!! I don't think his ruling is appealable. There is simply no legal basis for any other remedy than the one so brilliantly explained by the judge. The best course of action for siga is to settle with pip, something they should have done long time ago. Now it is more costly, of course, but still would not be as costly as going for another appeal as the company has announced. They have very incompetent lawyers! just my opinion.
Given the new ruling and specific damage award, how pip and siga should be valued as of now? I believe most investors have both. If siga holders didn't buy some pip in the past six months, you are unwise, to say the least.
Because of the appeal wait time and uncertainty, I think pip will go to 3-4 dollars short term, and siga wil go above 5 for future prospects, which it does not have to share with pip.
If a hedge fund steps in to buy both companies to end this madness, then all bets are off. 7 dollars a piece is an acceptable offer. gl.
1.4 billion... half for pip means 700 million...6 months appeal time discount cuts it to 350 million... 56 mill shares outstanding... worth 5-6 dollars as of now... is it a reasonable expectation coming Monday?
I think in the next few months a hedge fund will step in to buy both companies at 7 dollars apiece to end this madness. That would be the best outcome for both companies. Hope cool heads will prevail. A big win for pip, for sure.
shorts will be fried next Monday.
"The NIH recently gave Geisbert's lab a five-year, $26 million grant to research three of the most promising treatments for Ebola. These include a man-made antibody treatment; a promising Canadian drug from Tekmira Pharmaceuticals shown to protect monkeys from Ebola; and a vaccine that can be used both to prevent infection and also treat it."
"One of our goals is to start combining these treatments, like we do with AIDS medications," Geisbert said.
That's because some nervous shorts are scared to keep their holdings over the weekend. Who knows what will happen when they wake up on Monday morning? Two things they/we know for sure, though,. 1) Google will pay half a billion at least. 2) ZTE will settle with 200 million at least. We just don't know when.
'Fast-track the Ebola drug': U.S. under pressure to give potentially life-saving medication the green light as experts warn of global pandemic
A petition has been launched urging the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to fast-track a new Ebola drug
There is currently no cure or vaccine for the deadly disease
But a clinical trial for potentially the first drug was put on hold this month
672 people have died as the disease sweeps through Western Africa
Head of global charity calls for experimental drugs to be offered to victims
Expert says virus is 'as infectious as flu' and poses global pandemic threat
But specialist said if the disease reaches UK shores the NHS is prepared
By Lizzie Parry
Published: 14:58 GMT, 30 July 2014 | Updated: 11:40 GMT, 31 July 2014
Health campaigners are today calling for U.S. authorities to speed up their approval of a new drug hoped to be the first cure for the deadly Ebola virus.
There is currently no cure or vaccine for the disease, which has claimed the lives of 672 people in West Africa, since February.
The head of global charity The Wellcome Trust earlier this month called for experimental drugs to be offered to those diagnosed with the virulent illness in West Africa.
Despite the drugs not being fully tested Jeremy Farrar, professor of tropical medicine and director of the trust, said Ebola's spread in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone is 'out of control'.
Scroll down for videos
Experts say a vaccine to prevent the deadly Ebola virus is between two to six years away from being available to use
Nigerian health officials are in the process of trying to trace 30,000 people, believed to be at risk of contracting the highly-infectious virus, following the death of Patrick Sawyer in Lagos
The latest outbreak of Ebola is the most severe since the disease was discovered in 1976. So far the disease has spread from a village in Guinea to Sierr
Now that the majors got enough shares through their relentless work, price will climb back to the low 20s starting from tomorrow. Apparently, everything is going well at the trial, and nothing has changed except prospect getting better and more certain. When the positive results are announced, it will fly to 40s. just the way I see it. gl.