I don't like playing a losing game.I hope you weren't killed by FOLD. The biotech bust was great for me it made me cash out of that completely before it busted. Very surprising, I have been buying INCY, BMY, ARIA. Last couple of days but hold nothing much overnight. I'll take 5-10% on good days and avoid the bad. I have held AQXP on Oct 7 has a investor conference and hasnt popped yet. Good luck out there its wild.
Exactly how I invest. One other thought. What happens when Gild tries to buy BMY and BMY then reacts with defense of trying to buy INCY. Or maybe BMY will just buy INCY.
Maybe antibiotics are not the place to be. It was always hard to value now it may be even harder. I am having a hard time finding value anywhere. I find myself thinking "well this stock wasn't up much today, maybe there is some value left" But why wasn't it up? Then the ones that are up could get sliced big tomorrow, like do I really want to buy HRTX here? no thanks
This has been interesting. I think CNBC may be the next seeking alpha. I was watching that TTPH pump by meg terrell a couple days ago and just got an odd feeling about the timing of it. Combined with insider selling and it really steered me away from TTPH. These guys (ARIA/ BXLT) come out one day and are in talks of buyout and then next day all of a sudden are not, why even announce it then? Clearly just a scam. Same with STJ but that only lasted 10 minutes. It has been really sketchy out there unfortunately I fell for a couple but luckily, I learned and got out of some TTPH.
Not as much as before but quite a bit. I wonder with TTPH bomb (which I luckily had no part of) if AKAO will start to attract some buyers.
Baxalta/baxter seem to be getting things in order for Baxalta to act as an independent and very active company. A lot of smoke around here, smells like a fire.
As a large holder of RCPT before buyout I am very aware. There was a couple large insider sales a week or two before buyout. I also recognize that shorts were ducking and covering into a bad market today. Looks like this deal will happen. My guess 12 bucks a share.
I agree my retirement monies would likely be shifted back agressively in October or if we get an additional 10% haircut or so.
Yeah I am pretty much trading everything. I have held positions in EBIO,OGXI,FOLD,BXLT, ARIA today. Most i have held overnight in quite a while. All of my retirement money was shifted conservatively quite a while ago so that has been quite a savings. My daily managed money has been gambled and lost a few percent but I am trying to connect on some home runs.
Yeah I like it but my parents are pretty conservative so I'll keep to myself. OMER seekking alph hit piece put a damper, but traded for small profit. I like this market now. But a bunch of ARIA at 9 so now I have equal ARIA and BXLT. One or both should get bought. I don't think you can consider Mondays low as a retest level. That opening low was too screwy. This feels right maybe a little lower. I am a buyer in quite a few stocks today. OVAS, CVS. EBIO, ARIA. I trade and hold, will see.
Just in general that with more uncertainty of future PPS these companies being pursued may be more inclined to throw in the towel and be acquired. Of course 2 days later all is well in the market again right? And companies can turn down all the offers they want. I got spanked buying STJ premarket today, 10 minutes later they say they have not talked and the report was bogus JEESH. I feel violated. At least I hold OGXI and EBIO.
I have a thought that the probability for offers to buyout has decreased however the probability for
acceptance of an offer has increased. BXLT may take an offer in low 50's. Currently at 36 was offered 45 by shire.
In general my guess is a very early head fake sell in the market to make about a 10% correction off the peak on Monday AM, then the market ends green about 1-2%. I would buy a dip Monday am HARD if you see one. Some good trades today in FOLD, CEMP. Also may want some PDCO word is they go private.
another company I sort of like is SGYP. This thing is not owned by many biotech funds, so they may grab a piece going into NDA with great data and possible buyout Was in 9's after data. But market collapse is hard to stomach for all. Today I am seeing some actual bidding. So market could turn later or Monday.
These guys are not content buying and hoping for 20% return. They want to buy tons of shares low, wait 1-2 yrs build the share price up and then even with bad news they can still sell at a profit/even. As their avg. is so low. If it hits they make huge return. With huge valuations elsewhere they are looking for the next. I did just buy a little more fold under 14.