And you know this because? You said same thing in September. Biotech stocks are not chartists dreams nor is every volume spike a harbinger of a buyout.
I'm so sick of clutter on message boards about Penny101. If you don't like CNBC talking heads turn it off, but if you don't like pushers of this newsletter it seems impossible to filter them all out. stop wasting people's precious time.
dear god I have been looking at the chart, too, but what I see as the game -changer here is that BKS is prudently buying up the college bookstore market. Now, if you have or have had college kids of late these little brick and mortar money makers have a captive audience..college students and their families buying everything from toothpaste to textbooks, snickers to sweatshirts. Earning are looking to triple this year to next. I think now it may be a time to buy and hold. IMHO of course.
mo your adorable..I'm a long time holder but I don't spend much time on message boards unless there is some movement or volume that seems random. I shall put the blow-hard on ignore. I'm patient and started buying in o9 and then again iat around $2 in 2010. A scientist with a strong medical background and done well with many biotech companies , so I feel compelled the science and need here will win out with a bit more patience. Thanks.
Please do not be so vague as to say you have it on good information as it becomes like Cameron's statement about the bomb on the plane..it is mere speculation without facts and creates panic or excitement where none should exist and becomes similar to "buyout talks" that never materialize.
My son is a pilot with a masters in aviation safety and apparently the tail tap this plane experienced may well have been the cause. Still to early to know for certain, but based on his reading most plausible explanation for the course disruptions experienced and recorded prior to actual break up.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Back and forth movement are the market makers and traders and bear no relation to speculative unsubstantiated comments about a "buyout". Clinical trial results and science will win out and if there is a decision to sell the company it will be based on a fundamental evaluation of another company determining that the products, but more likely the discoveries and research ability of NBIX will contribute to their position.
Why if your buyout price is at $15? I'm long, I never put in sell or stop loss orders, but if you are posting it behooves you to be consistent.
I've been a very long time biotech investor, and although I understand the mentality of "day trading" and banking a little profit here and there, the big bucks to be made in this area is to trust your research and understanding of the science, pick carefully, and hold on tight. I watched this go up and then crash for essentially no really good scientific reason and then I backed up the truck as I have with several other biotech along the way. A few I have paired down holdings as they became too big of a percentage in value of a portfolio where they were held, but most have been held to the buy out or to the current level of gains. Learn patience, how to read clinical trials, and have an understanding of the needs of the healthcare community and stop "charting and trading" if you really want to make money here.