You were totally right. Mea Culpa. I am math challenged but at least don't use new math and admit when i'm dead wrong. BUt still like 7 printers, with 2 just before the end of quarter and a month to go. And with a one quarter turnaround, most of the backlog may be delivered except where the customer doesn't want it in 2014. That could be a lot of deliveries. Starting to get real optimistic re this quarter.
But again you were right, 7 printers
I counted 8 from Oct 1 but will add again. I am math challenged. Will repost either with a mia culpa or my total. But deliveries will be key as we learned in the 2q and I expect them to be excellent. If we also get commercialization of a effective aerospace hi res/hi speed printer we will be in great shape as the bulk of their printer do appear to be aerospace.
Let me go and recount
Good move, wish I had waited a little longer. Was surprised at he below 16 close. But think we will all do well ultimateliy if we have the patience. I'm just wondering I further energy lightening is warranted as I fully expect OPEC to hand tight which means price down. But thatas fine as our nemies are getting hurt the most, Russia, Venezuela and Iran. LOVE IT.
What half day???. As far as realty is concerned was a full day with the usual close 4pm. Tomorrow is a holiday and Fri is a half day. Unless i'm missing something, we are in more bosie new math using the wrong day.
Was happy with 16.40. Surprised that it got worse and closed below 16, 15.99 if I recall which did surprise me. Thought after the cc wiser heads would have prevailed. But have a ton of shares at a good price, bet the house.
We shall see what they have to say at euromold. Depends on what technology they plan to use and whether the picture themselves as an OEM or just service contract printing. If they tout EMB would think they would need arcam machines unless there is a waiy around EBM patents. Myself, i'd rather see arcam do the EBM contract mfg ala Di Santo.
Hope your right But cannot complain, we have already sold 8 printers this quarter, 2 just before quarter ends and we have more than a month to go. Sounds good for deliveries as well and that equals revenue and earnings. Starting to smell like a real good 4q ER as anticipated. And this is before any announcement on bulk orders (out of co. control) or tech improvements hinted at above by Tran.
We shall see. ANd looks like I was wrong on SDRL, at least for today. Expected a recovery and pps actually got worse. Wow, below l6. But still optimistic but this may be it till nect week as no trading tomorrow and half day on Fri.
Given the bad ER and total suspension of the divvy, should have waited till the cc. Bet 16.20 will turn out to be the bottom, at least it was before I left the trading and came to the message boards.
I'm now even more convinced that when info hits, such as a Er and cc, stay away from pre and post market. But that's just me.
Yep, Short and sweet.
THe demand in LNG to Asia from Australia is a FACT. Problem is Chevron, Exxon and the big boys already have developed and developing fields to ship while Linc has not even proven its reserves and hasn't found a partner during good times and less likely In bad. And Chevron has delayed one of its projects due to cost and slack demand for additional supplies.
Short and sweet enough???
Good luck. on it, SDRL and camt like I wish myself on sigma and nadl and the rest. Specs like Linc.
Actually, the word you used was "around 20.". Anyone can read our post. So don't try your Bosie wiggles please, thought we had got beyond that but its your call. Its so easy to prove your point. But "around 20" is a far cry from 21.37 the lowest it got that day. Enough said on that topic unless you want more.
I did not see that low but i'll let others decide the veracity. What you did confirm for me is that I've been right to stay out of pre and post market. Had you gotten a better price than me I would have considered seeking pre/post market privileges.
But since my gut got me 16.40, I'll stick with regular hours when the lemmings can affect the pps and stick with my observation that on bad ER days, the pps goes down further during cc's commenting on the bad news.
We both posted on SDRL before the fact and we both acted as we promised.
My own interpretation. Well I'll let others decide but to me 21.37, the low for the day is not close to "around 20." But readers can decide.
Now we can focus on the positive, lets see the 3d and energy sectors get some strength.
I know how you feel and it makes sense. I did the same today with 2000 nadl at 2.60 in addition to my major sdrl buy. Sdrl is an investment, nadl is a spec but good spec as its chances of bk are nil being owned 70% by sdrl and now that the divvy is cut the balance sheet is better. So limited risk and great potential.
Re camt, I'll believe they have a real product when I see customers actually buying it rather than simply beta testing it. Just like Sigma. Their product is being beta tested by GE and Honeywell. I invested heavily in them on spec like you. BUt the real test is now that their product is commercialized, will GE, Honeywell, etc buy the product based on their beta testing or not. Yes, I make a huge profit. No, it goes bk and I loose my investment. Again we shall see.
GOod luck on camt. I'm just not sure what the demand is to 3d print circuit boards.
On another note, given my lightening up In addition to my trades throughout the year, I'm dreading another tax season and the "D". Oh well, time for a blue label, LOL I deserve it
If your talking premarket did not see that but you may be right and perhaps you did buy at l8 even.
I only know for sure what I did and that was buying at l6.40. The low I saw during and immediately after the cc was l6.20ish. Bet that after the lemmings overreaction and common heads take over the close will be closer to 18. We shall see.
Bosie, Do Not mind if i'm skeptical especially after you stated you bought arcam around 20 and its lowest was 21.37 that day. Poor credibility given your disproven history. Checked around and saw no mention at a low of 18 but you could have got it at that price. Doubt it given all your proven statement errors like arcam but others can decide.
My strategy as stated above was to let the lemmings get in, listen to the cc as I've found that when a bad ER is issued the pps tends to go down even more during the cc explaining the disaster So far the low is 16.20ish so I;m happy with my buyin. Bet after the realty sets in and the lemmings realize its not so bad the pps will get close to or above l8 for a nice profit. But I can wait. The down side is very limited; the up is wide open.
Personally, you did answer my question that I am totally right to avoid pre and post market.
I got a lot of SDRL at 16.40 and very happy with that buy. Lightened up a little on some of my other energies as its clear the Saudis won't lower oil prices and the lemmings are overreacting as usual. Prices will remain weak for a while and the lemmings will bid down the oil sector. All my energies are down today and they are much higher than SDRL so have further to fall. SDrL as you pointed out is about at the bottom.
Good luck to all of us. Any of us who bought enough shares to matter at under 20 will be in great shape down the road. Now we can root for both the 3d and energy sectors to find themselv es.
Joined you. 5k at l6.40. But then said yesterday I was in a buying mood. Very happy camper. And this answered my question. Best to stay away from pre and post market. Also proved my theory that a bad ER results in the pps going down even further during the cc which was my buy strategy. Wait till during and after the cc which was bad but I like the company.
Also lightened a lot of my energy stocks a little as looks like the lemmings are ready to overreact in this oil price downturn. Many of them are still way up and have a lot further to go down. SDrl is just about at the bottom, with good backlog and just announced a lot of new contracts which added to backlog. Wish I knew if the refinancings were at better or worse terms but at this price downside is limited. Bet it gets back to l8 after the cc negatives wear off and reason takes over. But I can wait. I'm more worried about my other energy companies which have a lot further to go down which is why I lightened them and used some of the proceeds plus dry powder to buy BIG In sdrl.
We shall see but good luck think you have a great investment.
If the post and twitter means the hi res/hi speed printers which have been beta testing since 2q cc are ready for sale that is good news indeed. But if so, why doesn't arcam just announce it. Would give the pps a pop So far havenk't heard word one from the Euromold conference unlike last year. Not one word before or during. Now lets see if something comes after. LOL
SDRL is already interesting. Thought it would reduce but not suspend. Now anxious to get a good buyin. Do you still say you bought at 18 even. Doubt it as did not see any price that low. Just like you posted you bought arcam around 20 while the lowest it got was 21.37. Pathetic Bosie new math. But agree with your other post, anything under 20 is good. Lets see what I get it at.
Have some doubt. Is this another case of lying or Bosie new math. I checked around and unless you were able to get the best deal around, better than any announced price, the pps did not get down to l8 pre market. Best I saw was 18.30ish or higher. If you did get 18 more power to you but i'm not persuaded especially with all your other shall I say optimism. Such as your post that you bought arcam around 20 while its lowest that day was 21.37,l now that is a pretty high around. LOL Do you doubt that I'm a disbeliever given you proven new math tendencies like on arcam. But i'll see what I get it at when the market opens.
I see it has a long list in the announcments of new contractrs and refinancings, but also notice the interest rates and terms are not disclosed. wonder If they are better or worse.
But bottom line i'm a long term follower and owner of SDrl and like it. So i'm a buyer and can wait out. Hope that lets say 17 will be the bottom but i'll consider it a victory if I get inn for 18 or at least 18ish. We shall see. But if you are applying bosie new math, to use a nicer term, shame shame on you.
i'm hoping for a little cheaper when the rest of the lemmings can buy during market hrs and before the cc. Not surprised the divvy was lowered, but was surprised that it got totally suspended. Friderckson tends to support divies even when market weak. BUt glad he did, moves sdrl from my divvy portfolio to my growth portfolio and well buy and dollar avg down. Like its future and with retained money may even buy some weaker links as I do like the company and have for over 2 yrs.
Agree with you on camt, typical gary pump and dump. I do not believe that printing circuit boards will be that great but could be wrong. Short term Gary tends to move stocks up. We will see when the dust settles but did not like that last ER. Typical 3d wannabe.
I should think about getting pre market trading privileges but then I don't trust pre and post market as the float is so weak. Lets see if sdrl goes down further when the typical lemmings get in or whether your pre market move was good.
But the cc will be bad. Looking forward to the GLNG cc to see if ships still being mothballed and progress on their FSLRs and FLRGS both of which I think are great concepts.