I was thinking the same. Upon good results, the funds will rush in on the halt. This very well could re-open in the 20's or higher. The one thing to watch is the trapped shorts. They'll be forced to cover and will have to re-coup their money somehow. If I was short and trapped, I'd cover then trade the living #$%$ out of it going long and re-shorting and continuing the cycle. But, in the end MMs will drive this and drive it hard and high. What I'll most likely do is sell a portion of my shares and retain a certain %. This is all dependent on how the results look though. One thing I'm very happy out though is Tanzi fires back at AF's ludicrous tweets. I hope investors and traders are beginning to realize what a fraud that guy is. He really screwed up on LJPC calling it a roach motel for hedge funds last month then claiming the results were backwards when they were released. I swear the guy is showing signs of early dementia. I never wish harm or discontent on anyone, but if anyone deserves it, it's that fudster. He has cost so many people so much money based on his false claims and misinformation. I truly do believe in karma though and he'll get what's coming to him. PRAN will be another nail in his social coffin.
But, better than being a short with my head in the sand!
I continue my DD and retain my confidence in positive results coming out soon. The ONLY unknown about PBT2 is duration. This will be the first study with results out to 52 weeks. If the video aired last year in Australia is any indication of what long term effects PBT2 has on Alzheimer's, I think we're sitting on a rocket heading to the moon.
Good luck longs, I've even been considering not selling the news if results are strong as I think it would just be the beginning of history in the making and an ICPT type raise in share price.
Plus, you guys deserve it for putting up with my SHlT for so long ;-)
The big deal with ICPT is the trial was stopped early because the drug worked so well. They do have a different P3 in progress for a rare liver disease in which results are due out very soon. If I wasn't in PRAN, I'd jump on ICPT because their stock took a beating in the AH last night...down 16% because people panicked for no good reason.
Mornings are ok with painkillers. After 4pm though, they have less of an effect and some of the pain doesn't subside. I'm going to put a call in today to see if the dentist can call in a stronger script. Hydrocodone just isn't cutting it. I at least need name brand Percocet. This Chicago trip could be a bear if it doesn't clear up in 48 hours, especially on the ascent and descent of the plane.
LOL, yeah, I was long then out, then long, then out, now long again. I've always had faith in the IMAGINE trial and glad the REACH2HD trial results came out first. I knew I'd be in for IMAGINE, was always hoping I wouldn't have to get in at 15 or more. I'm very satisfied with an ACBI @ 9.83. It feels good to be back in the green too, even if it is only by 3 cents! But when it comes to brass tacks, we won't be counting pennies, will be counting dollars....lots of them!
I'm pretty sure we hit 15+ on results, but am hoping for 22. I feel pretty good on this P2. Lately, it's been the way to go. LJPC, OXGN, PRAN, CUR, SYN, IDRA.....all P2s. I'll be very interested to see how BNIKF's P1/P2 comes out. I'd like to get back in soon, so hopefully it stays down. The only thing I don't like is they trade on pinkies. I'm very tempted to reach out to the CEO and ask if they have any plans to at least upgrade to Q status on the OTC like ONCS. The problem with pink sheets is when you have a mountain of shares to unload, it's not easy. It took about an hour for my sell to go through last month...and it was only 35k shares. Imagine if you wanted to unload 250k or so...it could take days LOL.
But my timing was off by seconds....got it to 9.97 before the sellers came.
SYN is looking good today and with volume. Kinda sucks though as it's a toss up between SYN and CUR after PRAN results. I was leaning towards CUR, but re-thinking that strategy.
Shorts don't want to hold over the weekend. Smart move on their part to cover today. Might see a close above 10.
The guy loses credibility by the week. He hangs out in bars every night and is dumb enough to even say where he's at. I think all the alcohol is killing his mind. If PBT2 could help him and he wanted, I'd have to say sorry Adam, according to you it doesn't work. So, as the Soup #$%$ from Seinfeld would say in this moment....No PBT2 for YOU!
Thanks bud. It's not one of my better posts that provide rationality as I'm high as a kite on painkillers, but I felt I needed to get something out there that provides my thought process on PRAN. We have a great shot at success here and will be a win-win for shareholders and patients.
Do your DD based on the previous Phase 2 results. In a 12 week study, PBT2 showed statistical significance in several areas of cognitive function at the 250mg level. There was also a paper published in 2010 that re-analyzed the data to differentiate any strong placebo effect to that of where PBT2 was shown to be working and the placebo wasn't. That P2 was a success. The current IMAGINE trial now extends the study to 12 months, which IMO lends itself to an even greater chance of success and removes any type of strong placebo effect. Many experts are predicting a 20% chance of a home run, 60% chance of some success and 20% chance of no effect. In essence, there's an 80% chance that PBT2 shows a statistical difference in some areas of cognitive improvement. There are 5 drugs current approved for AD. All 5 drugs are for symptomatic effects ONLY. None of them show cognitive improvement. PBT2 would be the first drug to do this and therefore would garner the majority of the market share. This would also give PBT2 access to Breakthrough Designation with the FDA and give Prana the choice of who they'd want to partner with to take it to P3.
I don't place my bets with just any company. I look at the risk/reward profile, chance of success being 80% or greater and the experience of the management staff. Nothing is ever a slam dunk, but the odds are in the longs favor on this one and I'd expect at least an 80% chance of making at least 50% (most likely higher) in 2 to 3 weeks. Also something to keep in mind, HD is a tougher nut to crack than AD. Huntington's Disease has only 1 drug approved that is symptomatic and PRAN is moving into a P3 with PBT2 with a good shot at success there.
It seems to me you have an IDENTITY CRISIS. A non soviet routing for Putin. Your last name wouldn't happen to be Bates, would it?
I think that was putting it modestly.
Got me some painkillers and antibiotics. Feel much better. Extraction on the 25th, but at least I'll be okay for my trip to Chicago next week. Not looking forward to the cold, but it'll be the last business trip I make. Boy, that felt great to type :)