% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Amarin Corporation plc Message Board

pkarnett83 15 posts  |  Last Activity: Jun 20, 2016 8:59 PM Member since: Sep 12, 2012
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Is again, disturbing and pathetic. In other words, the norm. Still can't even hold $5 a share.

    Anyone hoping for $9 buyout is delusional. My guess is $6.50-$7.00 at most.

  • pkarnett83 by pkarnett83 Jun 20, 2016 8:54 PM Flag

    When is the $100-$300m revenue within a couple of years going to hit? We are only about 5 years past when that prediction was made.

    Tartia, you've hitched your wagon to a bad star. You defended Zevalin to the death and couldn't tell me fast enough how wrong I was when I said Zevalin was a dud. The bioscan removal was gonna change all, remember?

  • pkarnett83 by pkarnett83 Jun 9, 2016 10:59 PM Flag

    With very little price movement. Not sure what to make of it. Hard to believe there is still this much selling going on around $5 a share. I mean hundreds of thousands of shares still being produced. A large holder must be liquidating is the only thing I can think of. Is ALLT buying? I doubt it.

  • Reply to

    time to walk this down again below 5.

    by rdhtchilipeppr Jun 6, 2016 11:29 AM
    pkarnett83 pkarnett83 Jun 7, 2016 11:30 AM Flag

    How many times has it closed above $5, then below $5 later on? This stock CANNOT hold $5 to save its life.

  • Reply to

    SD form on Conflict Minerals, on June 2

    by bronkosaurus Jun 2, 2016 4:51 PM
    pkarnett83 pkarnett83 Jun 2, 2016 8:23 PM Flag

    They have had similar SD filings in the past, so I wouldn't read too much into it. Not sure what it all means, but since I saw one back from June 2014 so clearly it isn't significant.

  • Reply to

    Market cap

    by bronkosaurus May 4, 2016 12:17 PM
    pkarnett83 pkarnett83 May 11, 2016 9:54 PM Flag

    I sent another email to the Chairman of the Board this week. I expressed many points outlined above.

    His response was as expected. The management and board are always looking for ways to improve shareholder value, the last earnings call expounded on on steps the company is taking for solutions that represent growth opportunities, etc.

    Once all the 13Fs are reported and I know who the major shareholders are, I will start reaching out to them to see if I can convince anyone to lead an activist campaign. The large shareholder I had talked to said they wouldn't know how to do it, so if I can get someone else to lead it, perhaps that large shareholder would sign on to it.

  • Reply to

    Market cap

    by bronkosaurus May 4, 2016 12:17 PM
    pkarnett83 pkarnett83 May 5, 2016 9:24 PM Flag

    I did not. I had been in contact with one of the largest shareholders. They weren't interested in activist action and had actually sold out before the takeover happened. They lost a lot of money on PKT besides on when they bought and when they sold (I think they sold near the bottom).

    I will say that on ALLT I have been in contact with one of PKT's largest shareholders. A few months ago I had an email conversation with their Chief Investment Officer. He expressed he was very displeased with this stock, but said he isn't interested in activist action because he wouldn't know how to do it. He did say he thought this would be $7 by the end of the year.

    I also had a brief email conversation with the chairman of the board for ALLT after last quarter's results. I expressed my opinion that the company needed to be sold and strategic options evaluated. The Chairman did not answer any of these concerns but instead redirected me to talk with ALLT's CFO. I had the chance to have a call with him but I did not do it because the situation is "no confidence" across the board, and it is the Board's duty to address it.

    I am close to another email to the Chairman emphasizing this no confidence and the board's responsibility to shareholders. I will also tell him that I will be contacting shareholders to pursue activist action since the board hasn't taken action. Next step will be to reach out to ALLT shareholders. I am just an indiviudal investor so I can't do anything, but only can hope to recruit them to lead this.

    I also went to reach out to Castle Union, who was the activist against PKT. Their site is gone and I couldn't find contact info. So they might not exist any longer.

  • Reply to

    Market cap

    by bronkosaurus May 4, 2016 12:17 PM
    pkarnett83 pkarnett83 May 4, 2016 12:42 PM Flag

    It is right around the low that PKT experience. But PKT rebounded and was then bought. ALLT went down to that level, rebounded, and is now BACK at that level. So the situation is more dire for ALLT than it was for PKT. The Board is completely disregarding its fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.

    I will be reaching out to large ALLT shareholders in order for someone to pursue activist action.

  • pkarnett83 pkarnett83 May 3, 2016 9:45 AM Flag

    They are going to buy $14m worth of stock in two months? Good luck with that. If mid to low $4s wasn't good enough, then the intention was to never buy back any significant amount.

  • What else is new?

    I hate to say it, but this is appearing to be over valued at $5 a share. Never thought I would say it.

    And this stock buyback was a total farce. $1m worth of stock? Out of $15m? The buyback ends in 2 months, so clearly they won't even come close to buying the amount of stock they could have. Even with this going into the low $4s they bought no significant amount of stock.


  • Reply to

    Time for a no confidence vote?

    by sananspurfan Apr 18, 2016 10:53 AM
    pkarnett83 pkarnett83 May 2, 2016 1:50 PM Flag

    It has been the same pattern for MONTHS. Run it up to $5.40 or so, bring it back down to $4.85. Rinse and repeat. Lack of significant news from ALLT has allowed this continue without disruption. No significant stakes taken either. No activist, nothing. Just blah. But, I am making money trading this thing. Buy below $5, sell at $5.30 - $5.50. Have done it over and over.

    This will be back below $5 soon. It just cant help itself from retreating back below $5 eventually.

  • Reply to

    Time for a no confidence vote?

    by sananspurfan Apr 18, 2016 10:53 AM
    pkarnett83 pkarnett83 Apr 28, 2016 9:22 PM Flag

    Lowwwwww volume today though. Not even 50k shares.

  • Reply to

    Large block trades

    by bronkosaurus Apr 27, 2016 4:35 PM
    pkarnett83 pkarnett83 Apr 27, 2016 7:45 PM Flag

    When they report next month we will see how many shares they bought in the 1st quarter. This should tell us their activity level and if these big blocks are them. They had bought something like 70k shares as of 12/31/2015. So check the 3/31/2016 number.

  • Reply to

    Time for a no confidence vote?

    by sananspurfan Apr 18, 2016 10:53 AM
    pkarnett83 pkarnett83 Apr 18, 2016 6:46 PM Flag

    Complete failure across the board. This stock is as dead as a stock can be. They need to put up the for sale sign. Try to get $7-8 for it. By not doing this the Board is breaking it's fiduciary responsibility to maximize shareholder value.

  • Total garbage stock.

2.00-0.10(-4.76%)Jun 24 4:00 PMEDT