Hey Pat, you seem to be a good and fair guy w a sense of humor and an understanding of the difference between an offer and a question...I will accept that offer, as is, so that is DONE. 50 cents vs $5...I will entertain your proposals to increase the wager and/or change its terms. We should also discuss ways to settle this small but entertaining bet...in private, perhaps, but I'm open to whatever. At this moment, other than the bet I have nothing to gain or lose other than the steak(s)...if it hits 5, I expect a steak will be happily sent with your gains...and I would happily honor my end...I don't have any expectation of ever shorting this (nor have I), recall I was last out at 1.25 and was warned I should avoid the stampede higher. I'm ok missing this move, and frankly I wish the longs a big win, I may jump in and wish I had snapped some up at a buck even. This board is certainly entertaining. Good luck, and reply at your convenience. So far Ade is not my hero, according to him he is even at today's close...and I strongly believe his posts have many investors deeply underwater...I'm confident we will all be entertained watching the next few days. I will.
Agreed, they r as clueless as they come, reacting after the fact to the obvious...we can certainly agree on that...this is ready to pop or break soon, imo, to the tune of a double or halved, maybe even without news...place your bets...I'm not sure if I'm getting steak in Sanibel, or serving it up...good luck all.
Watching closely, they buy w bid support and selectively buy the heck out of this, then they let it drift (powered in small lots by retail and/or short, imo) and then they come back on weakness and buy 50,000 to 200,000 over 15 min to 30 min...interesting to watch...I think the longs are happy about the lack of interest and coverage. I think this is gonna pop on short covering, it's at the tipping point, lows are behind us, long and strong.
I know many got sucked into this at higher levels expecting 20 on the horizon. Temper your expectations and be patient. Earnings out next Monday and I think we'll see upside surprises on results and outlook...hold and buy here...decent returns ahead...if we can hold new "higher low" at 10, I would expect to be above 10.40 VERY soon...the climb will be bumpy and only incremental, but see it as a marathon to NEW highs...15 (or 50%) in less than a year...wait for it :-) jmho
Thanks, deuxtrax, your opinion of me and my comments means so much to me. I've done a few minutes of digging and shared facts on this company, unlike certain clowns that post 51,000% returns as an undisputed certainty, with rounds of applause from those talking up their (underwater) holdings. I am spending no time analyzing the unknown, but to point out the lack of insider buying/ownership and steep salaries in a company with a high cash burn rate is worth considering. It will play out, and you can ignore my comments, but if you want to engage me I'm happy to substantiate the things I have posted as factual. The stewards of your investment are in the ETRM offices and not on this board, they are cashing huge paychecks every 2 weeks and not putting any of that money in this supposedly "cheap" stock, don't you find that unsettling. And I understand that insider purchases can only be made in certain windows, there has certainly been one in the last 52 weeks, wouldn't you think?
Go for it, I have not...wouldn't bother or know how...created this way back when following Stillwater Mining on these boards a few years back... I visited Stillwater Mining facilities when I worked for the underwriter, Kemper Securities, back in 1995, prior to IPO...that's the truth, no agenda here...but curious, who did u think I was/am?
I'm happy to be guilty of doing too much analysis...that's an odd argument to make in favor of plunking down hard-earned money...let me get you right: you are saying one should do less analysis and ignore the facts I brought up, and just bet on the upside...thanks, not my approach, that's how over a billion was lost on GTAT...yes, maybe buy a small % of your portfolio, sure...these posters are mostly tapped out on this and praying...I've seen how that typically works out, in the market and the casino table, caveat emptor :-)
Indeed, I'm in MN, love Captiva/Sanibel, looking forward to shopping again at Jerry's -- here in MN and in FL...I'm really not looking to be a jerk on this thing, though I'm sure it appears I am, just trying to reveal some facts...I may be compelled to jump in for 10K-50K shares on a flyer here, but it is like playing blackjack, and if I squeaked out 10%+ quick I'd take it...it could win and go to 3-12, I'll concede that is a possibility, though I am lacking confidence...I would be MUCH more comfortable if insiders would vote their confidence with their (fat) wallets...has anyone talked with Matt Hewitt at Craig-Hallum here in Mpls. On 1/6/14 when etrm was at 2.34 he raised his price target from $4 to $6 --- or Northland Securities or Roth Capital --- these guys come out of the woodwork on a bounce and then disappear forever. You'd think they'd have the inside track. Somebody throw them a new account with $25K and 25,000 shares and get a conversation??
Inns, I promise you I am neither long nor short. The reason I mentioned a dividend is that when you are short a stock, one expense you are liable for is the paying of any dividends, so that adds a layer of pain and/or expense for a short. Has anyone squawking on these boards, with (apparently) hundreds of thousands of dollars invested EVER spoken to the four highly compensated executives I posted earlier? They are real and regular people who would likely return your phone call as an individual investor, ask them real questions and they should answer (avoid material non-public info, of course) questions regarding the FDA process based on their experience and expectations and they should be forthcoming, with all caveats and forward-looking cautionary footnotes, naturally. They will also tell you the equity in this company may go to zero, I assure you they will say that, it is a fact. TRY IT
In the last 12 months they have had countless (well 52 weeks times 5 days) opportunities to buy this at anywhere from $2.66 down to 99 cents, and they have NOT...does that seem odd to ANYONE, especially for these 4 people?:
Name Title Pay
Dr. Mark B. Knudson Ph.D., 65 Founder, Chairman, Chief Exec. Officer and Pres 464.00K
Dr. Katherine S. Tweden Ph.D., 53 Co-Founder and VP of Clinical & Regulatory 320.00K
Mr. Gregory S. Lea , 61 COO, CFO, Principal Accounting Officer, Sr. VP and Sec. 377.00K
Mr. Adrianus Donders , 61 Sr. VP of Research & Advanced Devel. 334.00K
You'd think they'd want to grab some of that huge bank (51,000%?)
If anyone sees flaws or errors in what I have posted, PLEASE speak up as I may have misinterpreted something...I make errors all the time and welcome the opportunity for clarity and correction.
Add this:from this link: http://www.gurufocus.com/analysis/ETRM
EnteroMedics Inc (NAS:ETRM)
0% (As of Today)
Insider ownership is the percentage of shares that are owned by company insiders relative to the total shares outstanding. As of today, EnteroMedics Inc's insider ownership is 0%.
ABOUT 4 million of the 8 million shorted shares were "put on" Oct 2013 thru Feb 2014 at prices of $1.80 to $2.50...if u want links, just ask, or google "enteromedics nasdaq short interest" and compare totals to share price graphs, it is right there for you.
Outcome unknown, naturally.
In case any of you have not read their balance sheet and income statement, this is what I see...ETRM's top 4 employees are being paid $1,495,000.00/yr (look it up) they are bleeding this for a company at this stage they should be paid much less cash and more stock (if successful, why would they not prefer that?) They have about $21MM in cash and equivalents as last reported (about 25 cents per share) and $9MM in CURRENT liabilities (the term current is VERY important) they are burning through $5MM per quarter, they have 27 employees that are trying to justify a value of $3 million dollars per employee (in a sense, vs. market cap)...this is a short life line...they make sense only IF approved in short order, any delay or something short of a full blown approval with no holds barred labeling (doubtful, in my opinion) and this implodes under its own weight...so, consider the very real risks here...if you know and accept that, go for it :-) FAR from ADE's sure thing...just do your own homework, read a balance sheet and an income statement and understand what you own, that's all I'm saying. Good luck everybody, I only stand to win or lose a steak here :-)
Deuxtrax: Don't be surprised, it is a binary outcome, with no dividend, no approved product, no sales...it either goes to zero or not...the cost and concern to deep-pocketed shorts is zero...no sweat, they probably don't even look at the position as they are all UP, some pretty big. No one is shorting here or manipulating, 1 cent spread for market makers is 1%, better than most market making activities, they simply make the market and have no care which way it goes. Learn2create: mine was based on 1.04, I could care less, make it 96 cents before 1.10 if that makes you happy, u want to take the bet?? also, Learn2crater, what's your highest purchase, for your sake I hope you only stumbled across this recently ;-)
Good question, YES, I'll happily make the steak for "patwalsh", done to his meticulous specifications...this goes either way, should he accept. Or we could do dinner at The Bubble Room in Captiva. Adeifligaro, you sound like you want in on this proposition, which side do you prefer?
You agree to make my steak if we hit 97 cents before we hit 1.11, if 1.11 is first I make yours? Seems fair...you have a grill for steaks at your place in Sanibel??
The concentration and dependence of longs on this board is a bit desperate, price action ugly, conspiracy theories abound...feeling another plunge ahead...might be wise to cut losses and exposure somewhat...just my opinion, don't want people hurt with real possibility of delay and/or denial...jmho, glta