Seems a later time would be bearish. Accommodating investor interest would appear to be more of a positive, as if they have something good to share and are eager to do so. But then that's what I hope it means, if it means anything at all.
Wish I had been paying more attention. The May $7 calls were up 500% today. Could have bought them a couple days ago for a nickel, now a quarter, and higher definitely possible.
If you can find a beaten down stock that once was very attractive to own, and it appears to be dead in the water, you can often buy calls very cheaply. And you can buy calls out of the money that will move even if the stock never gets to that strike. I bought some EJ stock today. Wish I had bought the calls. Good luck to fellow longs here.
Thanks uncle. I appreciate the summary, as I struggled about taking a small profit vs holding through earnings. I don't think there is much downside risk, so decided to hold. Also, I expect oil prices to pull back again, so that is a good backstop if I'm correct.
Thanks Bo. Hope they're right on that bet. Here's the article for those who might wish to read it.http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bulls-bet-big-rally-vasco-151859069.html
It is all about timing. If you bought CYBR recently around $50, that was a good buy. I'm not sure it is now. I had some of my shares called away. Yesterday sold some Jul $70 calls for $7.00. I don't usually like to sell such long dated options in a hot stock, but I think even with good earnings it will have some problems getting through $70.
jbird--Hope you're right. I got very lucky last week. Had sold some Apr $41 calls back when I got in around $38. Bought the calls back for .25 on Friday and plan to hold through earnings. Hard to predict where we will be in a month or a year, but given the continued growth of this sector backing us up, I think holding through earnings (which I'm not usually crazy about) makes sense for FEYE.
fab--New to investing in airlines, but lower fuel prices and my belief our recent oil rally is about done resulted in taking a partial position. Could you or someone here explain why the upcoming fare discount? All the flights I am on seem to always be full, so why the need for a discount?
If you're conservative you probably wouldn't be here, but if you lean that direction, you can sell the Jul $70 calls for $7.00, making you around 20% from here. Downside of course it that the stock goes to the moon and your shares get called away. Still worth considering for part of your position, as expectations are very high and it may be tough to significantly exceed them.
CHKP up nicely after earnings, FTNT up over $3 afterhours. The entire sector looks strong. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cybersecurity-rally-seen-q1-results-230900743.html
FTNT up over $3 A/H. Nice article re rally in cybersecurity makes tomorrow very likely to move higher. I expect at least $45 before earnings, and possibly even high $40's by then. Not a good time to be short. Here's the link.
Not one person on this board believes you were short $630,000 worth of stock. To acquire that kind of money, you have to achieve some level of success (usually). Successful people don't go around calling total strangers idiots on message boards.
I like to make some $$$ whenever a volatile stock gets a decent move and have been kicking myself for selling the Apr $41 calls a few weeks ago, after buying FEYE for $38. Was able to buy calls back for very little this morning, and hope to see another spike and chance to sell calls out of the money for a nice premium.
Any upgrade is welcome news to us longs, but JMP has far less credibility than JPM. I have always suspected that the similarity of the name JMP to JPM was no accident.
amohr--Thanks for the rec on VDSI. Started a small position under $23, happily added more yesterday, and loving this move today. Did you take profit on your synthetic FEYE calls? Amazing how quickly things can turn around in this market. Which is why I usually take a quick profit when it is 10% or more. Plan on holding VDSI awhile since it is not pricey like FEYE and CYBR. Half my CYBR is probably being called away tomorrow (bought at $51 and sold Apr $55 calls for $3.30). If we get a run into earnings, I'll sell the May $70 calls on my remaining shares.