It will be back there within days IMO. The AMBA downdraft may be having some impact, although AMBA being overvalued logically has no relationship to GPRO. AMBA may have another down day tomorrow, but will stabilize soon
Where is all this optimistic talk coming from? Stock has been doing nothing lately. I'm hoping it does take off and agree it should be higher, but just not seeing a lot to make me think the surge is imminent.
Congrats to those who have been patient. Shorts might consider covering before giving more of your gains.
alex--Agree re buying and holding for the deal, for me with a little extra uninvested money I can be patient with. There is always the outside chance the deal could improve, and to be able to play that for free is not a bad deal. And if the deal doesn't go through, I'm OK with that since EJ is undervalued anyway. Congrats on AAPL!
Does the stock know you have decided this? I sold Jul $70 calls a couple months ago for $7.00, so I am watching with interest how it unfolds. Looks like it will run higher than that to me. Supply and demand taking over.
perry--In fairness to mashal, no one knows where any stock will go next week. And the ridiculous range he mentioned is possible, depending on what happens in the sector and the market overall. There were many who thought this stock was a buy back at $40. If you are a day trader, I'm not sure why you would be attracted to this stock. Look at cybersecurity, AMBA, etc if you want some volatility.
EJ current market cap is more than 20% below its ownership value in LEJU alone. If funds accept the current deal they might as well wear signs around their necks saying "I'm a #$%$". The offer should be at least $1.225 plus some kind of premium.
But if he was too conservative, LOCO could be setting up for a significant beat on the next report. Hopefully, all the bad news is out. Look at AAL (different industry) today. The stock has been beaten down, had some negative comments this morning and was down about a buck, and is now up for the day. Hopefully all the bad news is already out there.
EJ is worth about 10% more solely based on their stake in LEJU. If we were in a fair system (joke) this offer would be turned down because it is too low. If it is accepted, no doubt corruption is present. Come on--make a fair offer!
I'm not seeing any news, but already done average daily volume in about 20 minutes. Did someone big just realize how out of whack the valuation is?
Amazing how sloppily the government acted (well, maybe its not) with confidential information. They definitely need help.
If that happens we will see a parabolic move. Unfortunately, I sold most of my FEYE but still enjoying the ride for my remaining position. I think the analysts are going to have to rethink their price targets and comments.
I'm wondering the same. CYBR up nearly 7% (wish I owned more) but FEYE up around 3%. Could be someone big is accumulating and getting some help with price while they do so. Or could be FEYE is setting up for a pullback. Hard to imagine much downside though with the VISA deal and the hacking.
conservative in their view of the future. The frequency and massive size of hacks in the last few months suggests to me that the sector will only grow faster than projected. The entire sector should do well tomorrow.
I agree. I added at around $21 because I don't see much downside, but do see significant upside potential. If we can get to $25ish I will sell my recently bought trading shares and hold the rest longer term.
happy--The shorts are definitely a problem. I might be early and so far have not added as planned. I do believe with a weak global economy we will see a pullback in oil, but that may or may not immediately translate into a higher price for AAL. Over time I think it will.
The upside of that is when you like a company you can buy the stock and sell covered calls a couple months out (post earnings) and get a very nice premium. If you get a pullback, it definitely helps to reduce your cost basis. Of course, you can also just sell naked puts, but not all accounts allow this. I bought in the low $70's and sold the calls expiring tomorrow for over $3. I see the stock is up sharply A/H so should work out this time.
You also said this..."expect 155 premarket tomorrow...till it opens at 150
seen this scam many times recently"