Do others see the same heading when first signing onto this message board? I also see it on PANW, FEYE, ALDR (not cyber security), and not on AAL.
Of course, just kidding, but sometimes it seems that way. Just when it seems there is little hope the sector will take off and people get discouraged (hedge funds have then accumulated their shares at lower prices) the stock will suddenly move sharply higher. This could be the time or maybe not, but I'm convinced it will happen. I will definitely lighten my position in the mid 40's, and hopefully regret doing so as my remaining shares move higher.
Interesting article. Could be part of the reason for the selloff, but I think it was more just money rotating out of high fliers. Even if the fraud problem improves significantly, and hopefully it will, there will still be plenty of hacking and the need to protect against it. And the Greece problem certainly makes those owning this type of stock (the ones that have had big moves higher) nervous. We all knew there would be volatility and here it is. This is one reason to sell covered calls. I sold the Jul $70 calls for $7 a couple months ago and it helps take the sting out of days like this. Of course, the downside is if the stock goes much higher your gain is capped at the strike price (plus $7 per share in this example). I doubt we see a lot more downside unless the entire market corrects. And CYBR has been one of the best stocks at bouncing back again and again.
Definitely worth considering IMO, as it is likely if called, you will be able to buy below $57 again.
The stock can be pushed down easily when buyers walk away. Couple that with a big shortsellers agenda and you get today's result. Rather than sell here, sell the end of week $95 calls for $4ish and repeat next week. My guess is $90 potential low, as that's a huge correction and about 50% over the shorts target. If it gaps down in the morning, I expect a bounce. We shall see.
I plan to leave room to add in case of further pullback, but I believe the major damage is done for now.
Would like to see it gap down more in the morning and then add more GPRO. AMBA has been a huge momo stock, as we all know, and if it does gap down in the morning it will likely bounce IMO.
In fact, I'll go out on a limb and predict AMBA will begin to stabilize in the mid $90's tomorrow, and as it stops falling GPRO will move up, reaching $59 by Wednesday.
It will be back there within days IMO. The AMBA downdraft may be having some impact, although AMBA being overvalued logically has no relationship to GPRO. AMBA may have another down day tomorrow, but will stabilize soon
Where is all this optimistic talk coming from? Stock has been doing nothing lately. I'm hoping it does take off and agree it should be higher, but just not seeing a lot to make me think the surge is imminent.
Congrats to those who have been patient. Shorts might consider covering before giving more of your gains.
alex--Agree re buying and holding for the deal, for me with a little extra uninvested money I can be patient with. There is always the outside chance the deal could improve, and to be able to play that for free is not a bad deal. And if the deal doesn't go through, I'm OK with that since EJ is undervalued anyway. Congrats on AAPL!
Does the stock know you have decided this? I sold Jul $70 calls a couple months ago for $7.00, so I am watching with interest how it unfolds. Looks like it will run higher than that to me. Supply and demand taking over.
perry--In fairness to mashal, no one knows where any stock will go next week. And the ridiculous range he mentioned is possible, depending on what happens in the sector and the market overall. There were many who thought this stock was a buy back at $40. If you are a day trader, I'm not sure why you would be attracted to this stock. Look at cybersecurity, AMBA, etc if you want some volatility.
EJ current market cap is more than 20% below its ownership value in LEJU alone. If funds accept the current deal they might as well wear signs around their necks saying "I'm a #$%$". The offer should be at least $1.225 plus some kind of premium.
But if he was too conservative, LOCO could be setting up for a significant beat on the next report. Hopefully, all the bad news is out. Look at AAL (different industry) today. The stock has been beaten down, had some negative comments this morning and was down about a buck, and is now up for the day. Hopefully all the bad news is already out there.
EJ is worth about 10% more solely based on their stake in LEJU. If we were in a fair system (joke) this offer would be turned down because it is too low. If it is accepted, no doubt corruption is present. Come on--make a fair offer!
I'm not seeing any news, but already done average daily volume in about 20 minutes. Did someone big just realize how out of whack the valuation is?
Amazing how sloppily the government acted (well, maybe its not) with confidential information. They definitely need help.