Buyers here can probably sell this afternoon for a nice profit, or buy in for the longer term at this price.
Secondaries prices below market as the CYBR one was at the time of announcement of pricing, usually provide support for the stock at the price of the secondary. No way does this go into the low $40's, as even mid $40's (not likely IMO) would have people buying hand over fist. Selling the April $50 puts for $4 is worth considering given the volatility and popularity of this stock. Even if the stock somehow fell another $5 and you bought the stock for a small loss, you could turn around and sell the next month $45 calls for at least $3. I think mid $50's within a short term frame is very likely.
Yes, but pulling back. Much of that volume is selling. I expected it to take off this morning. Things are never easy with FEYE. I sold 2/3 my position last week in the $40 range. I knew it might be early, but have been in a trap for awhile now. Bought my first shares at $60 and reduced my cost basis to $37 by adding around $30, so I was thrilled to turn losing into any profit at all. Hopefully we continue higher.
Hard to know how high it goes, but the road ahead just got much easier. Why? Very few sellers at this point, meaning the slightest buying will move the stock sharply higher.
It was $34 as recently as Feb 2, but still a very risky move until you get an indication it has run out of gas. Could still move up significantly more again tomorrow with short covering and latecomers wanting to join in on the party.
The market already knew those numbers when they bid the stock up afterhours. You took a low probability risk with options expiring in two days. Hope you didn't pay too much. Unless we get a quick upgrade, that strike seems unlikely. No one knows what to do in these situations, but if you can get a decent price in the morning, you might consider selling most of the position and holding the rest, hoping to get lucky. If the stock trades higher on good volume on the open, you should probably wait until you determine if it will continue running higher. If we do get a pop in the morning, I'm thinking of selling some covered calls. Good luck.
He actually referred to FEYE as "the sweet spot" of the sector, and now the Street is negative. One thing you can be sure of--whatever happens Cramer will say he predicted it. Logic says business has to have picked up since guidance was given, so I expect at least a beat on revs and more positive guidance. Hopefully all that advertising money being spent isn't just for the promotional stuff that lured in so many investors. It won't be long now said the monkey as he stuck his tail in the lawnmower (has anyone here ever heard that goofy saying?).
Volume slowed dramatically, just like other days when it takes off early. Your guess likely to be closer but I'll take it. Seems unlikely we will see any huge short covering the way things are looking now, but if this rally continues tomorrow we could see it happen in the afternoon.
Yes! A million shares in five minutes. Finally this may be the huge volume day most of us have been expecting to happen on this kind of news. Would love to see 15-20 million. And hopefully we can say goodbye to the $35 barrier and soar much higher.
You would think any breach this huge would propel the entire sector, but given FEYE's Mandiant was chosen to clean up the mess not only is a very big piece of business, but it once again adds to FEYE's credibility as a leader in this space. And the need for companies like FEYE is only going to grow and grow in the future.